TGIF, let’s jump into sharing 5 random things about our week.
- I cleaned the oven! It’s a self-cleaning oven, so it’s not hard. But I could never remember to set it early enough on a day cool enough to air out the house. The harder part is cleaning the racks and top grates, but I got it done!
- Maggie’s on a mini hunger strike. She’s feeling much better than last weekend, but now that I don’t have to give her meds with meals, I’m just her giving dry kibble in the morning. But she wants kibble plus wet food, so she doesn’t eat it. We’ll see who gives in on this She eats her night time meal of kibble plus wet food just fine.
- Yesterday I got a crazy high bill for my injectable RA meds. It was a panic moment. A couple phone calls got it straightened out. I’m so relieved. Ever since I switched doctors and switched to the mail-in pharmacy they use, I’ve had very little difficulty getting this med that has kept me living a pretty normal life–even through the pandemic. Yesterday was a reminded to be grateful.
- Not as happy with optometrist at the moment. It’s been a month since I ordered my glasses and they’re still not in. Long story short, they have my money, I don’t have my glasses and I’m not thrilled with feeling brushed off when I inquire. This has never ever happened with them before. If they had said, “Oh there’s been a snafu, and we had it corrected,” or “Someone made a mistake, and we’ve fixed it,” I’d be fine. But brushing me off is not fine.
- We are celebrating Middle Son’s birthday this weekend. Youngest and his wife are coming too. Oldest, his wife and Turbo have a prior commitment. I planned fajitas that should be easy, tracking down flank steak turned into a treasure hunt, LOL! But Costco came through for me, so it’s all good.
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend!