Friday, May 21st, 2021
TGIF, let’s jump into sharing 5 random things about our week.
- I cleaned the oven! It’s a self-cleaning oven, so it’s not hard. But I could never remember to set it early enough on a day cool enough to air out the house. The harder part is cleaning the racks and top grates, but I got it done!
- Maggie’s on a mini hunger strike. She’s feeling much better than last weekend, but now that I don’t have to give her meds with meals, I’m just her giving dry kibble in the morning. But she wants kibble plus wet food, so she doesn’t eat it. We’ll see who gives in on this She eats her night time meal of kibble plus wet food just fine.
- Yesterday I got a crazy high bill for my injectable RA meds. It was a panic moment. A couple phone calls got it straightened out. I’m so relieved. Ever since I switched doctors and switched to the mail-in pharmacy they use, I’ve had very little difficulty getting this med that has kept me living a pretty normal life–even through the pandemic. Yesterday was a reminded to be grateful.
- Not as happy with optometrist at the moment. It’s been a month since I ordered my glasses and they’re still not in. Long story short, they have my money, I don’t have my glasses and I’m not thrilled with feeling brushed off when I inquire. This has never ever happened with them before. If they had said, “Oh there’s been a snafu, and we had it corrected,” or “Someone made a mistake, and we’ve fixed it,” I’d be fine. But brushing me off is not fine.
- We are celebrating Middle Son’s birthday this weekend. Youngest and his wife are coming too. Oldest, his wife and Turbo have a prior commitment. I planned fajitas that should be easy, tracking down flank steak turned into a treasure hunt, LOL! But Costco came through for me, so it’s all good.
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
May 21st, 2021 at 7:45 am · Link
Let’s not discuss ovens but go you! My $$s on Maggie. Yikes! Glad the bill got straightened out and boo on the glasses SNAFU. The lock-down has create a real customer service problem. Happy B-Day, MS and yay Cosco! I cheat and just get the flank steak already cut for fajitas/stir-fry, but it’s usually only LG n’me so we don’t need a full cut. Okay, my five:
3. Edits and compiling playlist. Not sure why I ever started doing a playlist for the Penumbra series. Ah well. After 4 books it’s tradition! And I’ll admit that finding new music is kinda fun. Sometimes.
4. Edits. I might be finished with the first run-thru today. I’m on Chp. 32 of 39. Then it’s a matter of transferring to Word, then spellchecking and such and then off to editor and beta.
5. The honeysuckle is really blooming now and I can smell it when I walk into my office (window’s open), I’m doing slow-cooker French dip for dinner (must remember to start the Crockpot at 10), and softball regionals start at noon. Sometimes, my life all comes together. 🥰
Have a great weekend, everyone!
May 21st, 2021 at 3:28 pm · Link
1. Kudos on the oven. I was going to clean both of mine a couple weeks ago then it slipped my mind. Good job on the grates. They are killers.
2. Maggie is just like every other kid ;). As long as she eats at night and doesn’t loose weight, let her strike.
3. Insurance is awful. The problems we all have are crazy. Nice that you were able to get the cost issue resolved.
4. Oh man I would be blowing steam out my nose about the glasses. In fact, I’d contact my credit card company and stop the payment and go fill the script at another location if they kept giving me the run around.
5. Happy Birthday Middle Son! You all have a great time celebrating! Costco comes through again!
1a. My girlfriend is up from FL. We’re going to go see her at tomorrow. They brought the pup (Jackson) with them. Can’t wait to meet him. I wonder how he is doing the the daughter’s (they’re at her house) 2 grown pitts?
2a. Youngest quit his job on Wednesday. He’s been unhappy for years. I just hope he gets the new job that he thinks he has. I’d hate for him to cut off his nose in spite of his face.
3a. Got my hair done today. It’s dark again but will fade. Cass is worried about how my hair reacts with their color that’s why it’s darker. She thinks that highlights next time will make it just right :).
4a. Cass has come to reality and if you’re vaccinated none of us have to wear masks. If one is not vaccinated Harrison has to wear a mask and so as not to confuse him she wants all present to wear one too. Now I see that point.
5a. It’s HOT here for mid May. Today is 91. Yesterday was 89 and for the next week we will not go below 85 during the day. And we have the humidity too – yuck.
I hope you are having an excellent Friday. Enjoy the weekend!
May 21st, 2021 at 4:13 pm · Link
Silver, so far, we’re sinning. Maggie ate half her breakfast this morning and the other half when I was baking in the kitchen this afternoon We’re pretty amused as how she’s asserting herself a bit more these days. Still polite, but she makes her point, LOL.
1) So you’re doing edits?
2) And they are consuming your life???
3) And adding more work to edits like a playlist??? I swear I’m not laughing, I’m commiserating because I feel your pain.
4) You’re really getting a lot done!
5) Yay for honeysuckle, hope you remembered to start the crock pot and enjoyed the game!
Let’s all enjoy the weekend!
May 21st, 2021 at 4:30 pm · Link
Viki, both Wizard and I are surprised at the glasses situation. Anyway let’s talk about you.
1) That’s awesome that your friend is visiting. I bet her pup is adorable. It must be working out with her daughter’s dogs. Maggie does okay with my son’s two pit-mixes, but it really depends on the dog.
2) Oh yeah, I’d be anxious like you waiting for that next job to come though. But fingers crossed it all works out as he hopes. It sure is hard as the mom to watch them make these life choices, isn’t it?
3) Yay for getting your hair done! Hopefully you’ll enjoy it a little darker until next time when she adds highlights.
4) That’s great news! I’m not surprised though, she was trying to protect her son. I got that, you and I just have a little more experience as parents to realize kids aren’t as fragile as we fear But she clearly wants Harrison to be with his family, and the mask thing sounds reasonable. I’m really happy for all of you to be able to relax a bit more!
5) The humidity makes the heat a lot worse! Hope you guys get some drier, cooler weather!
Have a great weekend!