TGIF! Did you all hear the whoosh as another week zoomed by? Okay let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- We’ve been cleaning carpets. Ugh. Okay, here’s the thing, after the last time my daughter-in-law loaned us her carpet cleaner, I was gonna buy one so we could do this as needed in a logical and consistent way, instead of this frenzied all-at-once way. It was a solid plan and I put a carpet cleaner in my cart on Amazon cart. Then…Cheap Jen woke up and deleted it from my cart. Two years later, we borrowed the carpet cleaner again, and Holy Disgust Balls. We had to do some rooms twice, I don’t mean we went over the carpet back and forth twice, I mean full clean, let dry and do it all over again twice. As I’m writing this on Thursday, all I have left to do is the three easy bedrooms upstairs which I can do in an hour or two. We left the easy rooms for last.
- I’ve put Cheap Jen in time out until she agrees we need to buy a carpet cleaner with no more cheap-ass shenanigan’s.
- Yesterday, I went to Starbucks, and ordered something new, an iced honey oatmilk latter. OMG LOVE!!! I meant to get it hot, but they gave it to me iced, and I thought, why not? I really liked it. I’m still buzzing from the caffeine though
- Still doing yoga, but doing it Wednesday after a marathon cleaning day may not have been my brightest idea. My joints did a bunch of Wizard of Oz Tin Man squeaks and squawks. However I got through the practice without injury. I could use a quart or two of some oil laced with ibuprofen into my joints though
- I’m getting some words down too. I’ve passed the 100 page mark story wise. Those are pages I consider workable. Brace yourselves for this tidbit of crazy: I actually have 349 pages in the file. I have even more in another cut file. Some of the extra 250 pages I will use at least snippets of, the rest will get cut. It’s insane, but it’s how I work. The Wing Slayer Hunter world is expanding with every book, and I’m evidently here only to tell the story. When I try to actually control things, the hunters stand back and watch me write myself into a corner, then laugh.
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a great weekend!