Friday, June 11th, 2021
TGIF! Did you all hear the whoosh as another week zoomed by? Okay let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- We’ve been cleaning carpets. Ugh. Okay, here’s the thing, after the last time my daughter-in-law loaned us her carpet cleaner, I was gonna buy one so we could do this as needed in a logical and consistent way, instead of this frenzied all-at-once way. It was a solid plan and I put a carpet cleaner in my cart on Amazon cart. Then…Cheap Jen woke up and deleted it from my cart. Two years later, we borrowed the carpet cleaner again, and Holy Disgust Balls. We had to do some rooms twice, I don’t mean we went over the carpet back and forth twice, I mean full clean, let dry and do it all over again twice. As I’m writing this on Thursday, all I have left to do is the three easy bedrooms upstairs which I can do in an hour or two. We left the easy rooms for last.
- I’ve put Cheap Jen in time out until she agrees we need to buy a carpet cleaner with no more cheap-ass shenanigan’s.
- Yesterday, I went to Starbucks, and ordered something new, an iced honey oatmilk latter. OMG LOVE!!! I meant to get it hot, but they gave it to me iced, and I thought, why not? I really liked it. I’m still buzzing from the caffeine though
- Still doing yoga, but doing it Wednesday after a marathon cleaning day may not have been my brightest idea. My joints did a bunch of Wizard of Oz Tin Man squeaks and squawks. However I got through the practice without injury. I could use a quart or two of some oil laced with ibuprofen into my joints though
- I’m getting some words down too. I’ve passed the 100 page mark story wise. Those are pages I consider workable. Brace yourselves for this tidbit of crazy: I actually have 349 pages in the file. I have even more in another cut file. Some of the extra 250 pages I will use at least snippets of, the rest will get cut. It’s insane, but it’s how I work. The Wing Slayer Hunter world is expanding with every book, and I’m evidently here only to tell the story. When I try to actually control things, the hunters stand back and watch me write myself into a corner, then laugh.
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
June 11th, 2021 at 4:53 am · Link
LOL, we own a carpet cleaner and still have only cleaned the carpets once. We do love our carpet cleaner, though. Yay for doing your carpets! Yay for finding a new yummy drink! Yay for sticking with the yoga, even when you’re already sore. Boo for being sore. Yay for words!!
1) I actually visited another human being at their home yesterday. We were just going to do coffee and we ended up chatting for over three hours. It was awesome.
2) I put off going shopping to hang out with my friend and now I’m behind schedule, so today will be busy – there are some things I have to drive north for which I was going to do today anyway, and the groceries are south which I should’ve gotten yesterday. Oops. I’ll probably do the north trip tomorrow.
3) My zucchini plants are blooming like mad right now. I hope that equates to lots of zucchinis to eat. If not, they’re pretty.
4) My hydrangea is also blooming like mad. Also very pretty. And it smells nice, too.
5) I’ve been marketing like mad this month, which is moving some free books, but not much in the way of sales. Not sure if the effort to return ratio is worth it, but it’s better than nothing, so I keep doing it.
June 11th, 2021 at 8:48 am · Link
What BE said and I totally agree. My Wolves are snickering and high fiving your Wing Slayer Hunters. Silly buggers. Just wait. They’ll get theirs! My five:
1. OU pulled off the WCWS national championship. This is the first time in the history of the national softball tournament that all 17 games had to be played, that two teams who lost in the first round BOTH came back through their losers’ bracket to place in the finals series. Every “what if” game had to be played. OU lost the first game, came back and won the second, and took the third yesterday afternoon. It. Was. AWESOME!
2. My cell phone got stolen at Walmart. Many kind people turned a really bad day into one that left me smiling at the end. I have the replacement–$112 instead of $1100 because thank goodness for insurance! I’m still finding apps that I have to sign into again, which is a pain, but…PHONE!
3. I totally took this week off but for a few snippets based on prompts I came across. That has to stop. I really need to decide on my next project and get on it! This year is already half over and I only have one book to show for it.
4. It’s hot. I mean like heat-stroke-go-to-hospital hot. And it really IS the humidity. Needless to say, I’m outside early but staying in the rest of the day. Thank goodness for microwaves because the idea of turning on the oven? Ugh!
5. This is the month of Stormy. With Only back in the office full time and Baseball Boy doing a summer-school class plus baseball, I’m the designated Storm Chaser. Luckily, there are two Snapology classes he’s enrolled in, plus VBS next week so I’m mostly a designated driver, though LG fills in sometimes. The kid is 4’4″ tall now and waaaay too smart. He’s SEVEN! It’s crazy. I love it it, but it’s crazy!
So that was my week. I plan on being mostly lazy this weekend and staying under the ceiling fans and AC. It’s summer in the city and that’s my plan. Have a great one, witches! 🥰
June 11th, 2021 at 3:29 pm · Link
1. Excellent work on the carpet cleaning.
2. Owning a cleaner is a “god thing” cheap Jenn. I’ve had one since I graduated college.
3. Nice! You have a new drink. Every time I try something different in the coffees I realize I love my mocha in all shapes and forms and change is “not a good thing” for me.
4. You are doing great with yoga. So glad it’s working for you. I picture the can of 3 in 1 oil right now 🤣.
5. You will not write yourself into a box mantra is being said. I’m thrilled that you have written all those words.
1a. I need to clean my windows. I waited until after the ant man sprayed and then it got too hot and humid. I hope it breaks Sunday and I can tackle some of them.
2a. Tomorrow I’m taking hubs shopping at this local clothing store (It’s an outdoors clothing business and they design all the stuff.) and buying him something for Father’s Day.
3a. Harrison is cracking us up all the time. He Facetimes and when hubs says he has to we are told we can hang up NEVER! And then he’ll just hang up. He’s too funny.
4a. My ellipse arm was replaced Tuesday and there is no noise now 😊.
5a. We have a Robin nest in the downspout turn at our bedroom window. They have two babies and are driving Spunk crazy. When a parent shows up to feed them Spunk starts calling in this horrible cat sound and jumping up on the window. He will turn to me as if asking, “why can’t I get them.” It’s sad and funny.
I hope you have a great weekend!
June 11th, 2021 at 4:21 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all!
1) Awesome to spend time with a human you enjoy.
2) The awkward moment when chores catch up with us after we ignore them for fun
3) Fresh Zucchini sounds delicious.
4) I love hydrangeas! They never grow for me in the one place I want them, LOL.
5) Yay for marketing. But yeah, sales are tough. I truly feel your pain.
Hope you got your shopping stuff done and have a great weekend!
June 11th, 2021 at 4:29 pm · Link
Silver, we must forbid the hunters and wolves from hanging out–nothing good can come of that for you and me, LOLOL. Might be a fun book though
1) Congrats to your team on third place after a hard fought series of games!
2) YIKES!! I’m so sorry your phone was stolen! That’s awful, but yay for good people making your bad day bearable, and a reasonable replacement cost.
3) You deserved time off! And time to let ideas percolate.
4) I hate that kind of heat! We’re expecting 100+ next week, but we won’t have teh kind of humidity you guys endure. Stay cool and hydrated.
5) Storm Chaser!! LOL!! Seven seems impossible. But it’s wonderful that Stormy has you and LG in his life. Grandparents make a difference in a child’s life
Hope you have a great weekend!
June 11th, 2021 at 4:39 pm · Link
Viki, in the old days, we rented carpet cleaners as needed. But no one here does that anymore, and I can borrow them from my daughter in laws, but I think I’d do better with one here so when the mood strikes, I actually do it.
1) I can see why you waited to clean windows, that made sense to me. But don’t do it in the humidity!
2) Hope Hubs finds something he really likes!
3) How could you possibly resist Harrison??? He just sounds so fun and smart. You have a gem in your grandson.
4) That’s some good news. I get irritable with noisy ellipses. I like them smooth and quiet. Hope the new arm holds up!
5) Poor Spunk! I can imagine his frustration. He can see them right there in front of him, but can’t get to them. Life just isn’t fair
Have fun taking Hubs shopping!