TGIF! Note here: I’m posting this manually on Thursday night because I don’t trust it to post if I schedule it. Okay, let’s dive right into sharing five random things about our week.
- Yesterday was hot but the humidity was better. Rumor has it the humidity is coming back. I has a sad about that.
- Daughter-in-law did my nails again. It’s a fun hobby for her and I’m her practice dummy, LOL! But I’m having fun and getting my nails done, so it’s a win-win for me!
- I made my cake. So the good: The homemade lemon cake, two fillings and icing came out good. I got the meringue to perfect stiff peaks before adding in the butter and lemon zest and it came out just as I wanted. But by the time I cut the two cake layers into four, then assembled and filled them, the heat was wilting the icing. I should have swapped out a 1/2 cup of butter for high-fat shortening to stabilize it a a bit more. But honestly the biggest problem is I’m not putting enough icing on the sides for the final coat before I smooth it. Practice will get me there. By the time I got to the top decorations, I was so tired, I just plopped them on. Here’s a picture of the cake whole and then cut to see the layers. When the knife when through the layers, it spread the raspberry filling, which makes it slightly resembled a crime scene :-). On the upside, my layers are straight and close to even.
- Our electric bill came yesterday. Wizard and I had both guessed how much it would be and I was right…but this is a case, I wish he’d been right since he guessed lower than me. But at least we have A/C!
- Youngest Son and daughter-in-law invited us for dinner on Sunday, so I’m looking forward to that.
That’s my Friday five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!