TGIF! I can’t believe it’s October 1st! Okay let’s dive into sharing five random things about our week.
- The car is in the shop, and so far, we’re managing with one car. Many couples only have one car, so believe me, I’m not complaining, just telling you all about my week. We’re both really used to coming and going, plus we generally divide and conquer chores, including running errands. Now we have to think ahead a bit more, but it’s all manageable. At least until next weekend if we don’t et the car back by then–Wizard has a three day race he’s super excited about going to and I’m not about to stop him.
- I’m still doing yoga usually three times a week, and this week, I’m trying to do some harder classes. I’m sooo going to feel that, LOL. There are a few things that I won’t do just because it’s not a good idea for me. That’s important in yoga (or anything really) to know and respect your limits. For me, it’s things like arm balances (those are pretty much what they sound like — you lift your legs off the ground and balance on your arms in weird contortions). Considering I’ve had two discs in my neck replaced, I choose NOT to put that kind of pressure on my shoulders and neck. Plus I flat out don’t have the upper body and core strength to do it in a safe manner.
- Maggie knows my yoga routine. She’ll come in the room while I’m starting, then leaves once I’m moving. But at the end when I lay down on my back in the closing pose called shavasana (also called corpse pose, LOL), she’ll come in. I have my eyes closed, but I always feel her. Wednesday night, she laid down next to me. I rolled to my side to pet her, then flipped to my back into the shavasana pose. And Maggie flipped to her back in the same pose, only her with her legs sticking straight up. It was hilarious. I don’t know if it was intentional, but let’s just believe she was copying my pose
- Yesterday I decided to pull out my carpet cleaner and do the coffee table sized ottoman. That took a while since I basically had to learn to use it, but got nice and clean. So yay! Then I remembered that when we borrowed Special K’s carpet cleaner, she didn’t have the stair cleaner attachment, while this one does. So then I cleaned the stairs. OMG that was hard and took forever! That sucked up the entire morning and my whole day ended up trashed. Plus the stairs take pretty much the day to dry because the suction isn’t strong enough to get much water out through the hose and attachment. I don’t regret it, but sure wish I had the same energy I had when the kids were small
- I’m not sure what I’m doing this weekend. I’d like to get this book moving again, I really would but it’s just been a tough and distracted road. I’m thinking about cakes too but we’ll see.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!