TGIF! Let’s dive right into sharing five random things about our week.
- This week had much less stress than last week.
- The reaction to Wednesday’s announcement of a writing hiatus stunned me (we blanketed my social with the message). I think I was so focused on making myself face facts and letting readers know what’s going on, I didn’t think about how kind and thoughtful everyone would be. I’m so touched by it. And of course, I have mixed feelings. This wasn’t something I *wanted* to do. However, I think it’s necessary.
- I adjusted to the time change pretty effortlessly. But Maggie is sad that her dinner has been pushed back a whole hour. Which means I get 60 minutes of sad puppy eyes trailing me around the house.
- I made some caramel sauce and used that to make a salted caramel cake to test the recipe for Thanksgiving. And also test my new cake pans which baked them exactly as I hoped. But I then immediately froze the cake because I don’t have time to do the frosting and attempt any decoration. Wizard can’t believe I would tease him this way He’s getting used to the abundance of cakes and treats, LOL.
- Today we’re going to my niece’s wedding, and it’s a quite a ways away. We originally were going to stay the night as all our kids are doing. But there’s been too much going on in life, and we decided to come home. It doesn’t matter, though, we’ll have fun and I’m thrilled for my niece and her soon-to-be husband. These moments are so important to celebrate.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!