TGIF! Let’s dive head first into sharing five random things about our week.
- I wish had more exciting things to talk about. Unfortunately Wizard and I are in this holding pattern as we wait on some things.
- In the meantime we are cleaning and decluttering because we have set that as a goal for the year. It’s going to be a long process. See still boring, LOL. I only hit my head about three times pulling boxes out from the under the stairs closet One would think I would know better after 20 some years of living here.
- A tiny bird got into our garage. This turned into a day long struggle to get this poor terrified creature to fly out. We tried everything we could think of, but he was so scared, he only flew in the top rafters and didn’t recognized the huge opened doors below him. I even tried the long pool net to catch him, but kept missing him, mainly because the rim of the net is heavy plastic designed for the bottom of a six foot pool and I didn’t want to hurt him. Anyhow, after hours and hours, we’d left the garage closed and dark, except for the man door to the side yard and (we believe) he finally flew out. I hope he goes on to live a full life free of the terror he must have felt in our garage.
- My freezer is not big enough. It didn’t bother me when I had three teenaged boys at home. How is it we have MORE in our freezer than ever? I guess it’s because I don’t use as much food now with just two of us, so things like extra hamburger buns and cuts of chicken go in the freezer. Also I double some meals and freeze half for quick meals later. Still it seems illogical to me.
- I’ve begun reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd and love it so far. I’m extremely late to this party as it was first published in 2003, but my daughter-in-law’s mother recommended it when I saw her the other night, so I bought it for my kindle. I love recommended books like that! This book isn’t a romance, it’s literary historical fiction which happens to be something I enjoy.
Didn’t I warn you all? Boring! Okay your turn to show me up with your much more interesting lives! Have a great weekend!