TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week.
- Dang it’s hot here. The birds have been loving it, chirping a cheerful song from early in the morning and throughout the day. Maggie’s been enjoying her favorite hobby of chasing lizards. But we’re supposed to get some desperately rain next week.
- We are all up to date (at the moment) on all the design upgrades and signing docs for our house. They “broke ground” on our lot this week.
- We bought a new desk chair. It sounds boring, but our old chair was shredding, and both of us were picking up pieces of vinyl between vacuuming every danged day. I don’t know why we let the chair get so bad, but we finally went to Staples to buy a new one, and paid a few extra bucks to have it assembled. Wizard can and does usually do that, but he’s been doing so much on our landscaping (normal stuff he does every year at this time) that I made an executive decision before he could even answer the guy. Totally worth it.
- I’ve been looking for a new desk. I have a huge oak desk that I have treasured for decades. We bought this whole oak set– desk, credenza, filing cabinet and two oak bookcases customized with cupboard doors on the third with my very first advance. But it’s time to downsize, so I’m looking for a desk and it’s not going well. I want to find a desk so I can figure out if we’ll keep the bookshelves and filing cabinet (maybe sand and paint) or I can sell it all as a set. There’s no rush, but even if for some reason we stay here, we will downsize the desk to fit our current lifestyle. On the other hand, nothing has to be done. We could always move the bookshelves and filing cabinet, and use a card table until we find something.
- Yesterday I helped Wizard buy bags of mulch then we spread it in the back planter. Maggie thought that was great fun. In fact, I’d gone in the house to put a roast in the crock pot real quick before helping in the spreading part, and when I came out, I found Maggie curled up outside the door waiting for me with her very own chunk of mulch by her. It didn’t look as if she’d chewed on it, so I guess she was just curious and brought it over to her spot. Maggie isn’t one to carry things around (except lizards or feathers from dead birds, LOL), so I’m always surprised when she does. She’s such an easy dog.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!