TGIF. Let’s jump right into sharing 5 random things about our week:
- I made spaghetti sauce last night and used some fresh oregano from my mini herb garden along with my dried herbs. It turned out good.
- I finished another Lucy Score book. She’s sort of my crack right now. It’s the brassy heroine, snappy dialogue and fast paced plot. (FYI: Her writing is very sexy and explicit, which some readers may not love.) In the last couple years I’ve read a lot of deep and dark books, so this is a nice break.
- I’ve worked on some fondant flowers. I’m making a cake for my mother in law’s birthday in another week, and I can’t settle on a simple design that I can transport. But either way, it’s practice, and kind of relaxing to work on the flowers. However, my session was cut short by a phone call from my sister-in- law. The problem with that is we talk too much, LOL! Wizard was gone when she called, came home, went upstairs to work out, came downstairs saw me on the phone and laughed. It’s funny because these days I usually get off the phone pretty quick. My sister-in-law and I clearly need an intervention
- The three pairs of sandals I ordered came, and I’m keeping two of them. That’s a big win for me. Normally I’m too cheap to even order them, but I really need a summer options to my favorite comfortable flip flops. Plus Wizard was chatting, “If they fit keep them!” It’s possible he brainwashed me…just saying…
- We’re going to Middle Son and his lovely wife’s house for Easter. All the boys, wives and Turbo will be there. I’m looking forward to it. Plus Middle’s wife is an excellent cook. I’m always willing to try her dishes even if it’s out of my normal range. And she’s gracious when I can’t eat something because of my stomach. I’m taking deviled eggs and some dairy free cookies, so it’s pretty easy for me. Oh and I get to see Jett and Hazel, their two dogs. It should be a nice weekend.
So that’s my fine, but I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone who celebrates has a Happy Easter! Happy weekend to all!