**I have to post this early on Thursday because my blog scheduler keeps timing out.
TGIF! Let’s all share five random things about our week!
- My scratched eye is much better. I’m leery about put in contacts though. I may wait another day as it’s still dry and easily annoyed. But that first day it swelled 3/4s shut, so this is a huge and welcomed improvement.
- Wizard and I are cleaning up as much as we can, getting the house as ready as it’s going to be for market. Yesterday we laid the new bark. It’s interesting to do it on a hill while trying to stay balanced. I’m happy to report, no one fell! While I pretty regularly walk into walls that have been there for twenty years, my balance is very good. The fresh bark looks fresh and clean. We do this every couple years, but not quite so much at once. Note to self: Maybe don’t do a mile walk plus yoga before big physical projects!
- When we had our old house on the market, I was insane trying to keep it perfectly clean with three boys. I don’t have the energy to do that again. Good enough will have to do. Plus Wizard picks up after himself and will help with the rest so it should work out.
- It’s going to be a bad fire year. We already had a fire in Laguna Nigel (not by us) that took out more than 20 homes. Wizard and I were watching it on breaking news. While the day wasn’t too hot, the winds kicked up and the fire raced up a hill right into a track of homes in less than a couple hours. The firefighters were doing all they could, but they couldn’t stop it. New Mexico is burning too. It’s all so terrible. What’s really frustrating is that some of these tragic fires are caused by either careless people or awful people who like causing destruction and death. Those are the ones that make me sick and furious. To end this on a bit of good news — a frantic woman told a firefighter her cat was in one of the houses being threatened, and the firefighter got the cat out for her.
- Let’s lighten up with a fun story: I have a stuffed Koala bear sitting on a chair in our exercise room. Maggie goes in there once in a while, grabs the bear and throws him down the stairs. Other times she just knocks him off the chair and leaves. It’s funny because she never gets into anything else. She just has it in for the Koala bear. Maybe he’s mean to her when I’m not looking? (Just an FYI, I don’t care if she wants to play with the bear or I’d have told her no.)
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone have a great weekend!