TGIF! I *think* it’s Friday, but our days have been blurred together for two weeks now. What if it’s really Caturday, which became a day while I was signing docs and attempting to tame technology? It might have happened
And no I haven’t had any wine, sadly. But tonight I shall! And if it turns out to be Caturday, I’ll adopt a cat and have two glasses of wine!
But for now, I’ll share five random things about my week, hoping that in return, you will share yours. And away we go!
- I may have sorted out the browser issues we were having. Maybe. I’m doing little changes at a time so I know what’s working and what’s not. So far, my browser has stopped overtaking Wizard’s browser and that’s a win!
- I’m very happy with our new computer. Not bad, considering we researched and bought it within about 24 hours. The printer hasn’t even made me swear once yet, which is impressive. The old one had me vowing it’s death by fire or drowning on a weekly basis.
- We had the appraisal on the house done yesterday morning. We were told he would come between 9am and noon. He arrived by 9:30 and was done by 10:00. I was so happy to have the rest of my day free. Of course I did really exciting things like laundry, but still…I wasn’t waiting around which is not fun!
- Maggie keeps going to Wizard for reassurance lately. She has done this before when she’s sick, but now I think she’s grasping something is going on but not exactly what. It’s interesting because she’s mostly my dog, but she needs Wizard’s reassurance right now. And he gives it to her. Overall though, she’s acting normal, eating, happy to go on walks, hanging out in the normal way and thrilled to see people she loves (which is everyone, LOL). It’s just this one additional thing, and it’s almost like she’s saying to him, “Everything is okay, right?” And he tells her “right.” Then she goes on with her day. However, I do have her vet appointment next Wednesday to check the lump on her stomach as a precaution, and I’ll make sure we’re on the right track about making this transition easy for her.
- I’m not sure what the weekend will bring, but I’m hoping it won’t be Caturday because I was only kidding about adopting a cat! I like cats, but one pet is enough for me. Wizard and I will probably go to breakfast for Father’s Day and maybe I’ll even bake something. Not sure what yet. When I asked him, he said cheesecake or key lime pie. I’ve made both those recently, so we’re negotiating. He’s also debating if he really wants that much junk food, and that’s totally his decision.
So that’s my five, I bet yours will be a lot more interesting! HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to all the dads out there, and hope everyone has a great weekend!
June 17th, 2022 at 7:49 am · Link
Happy Father’s Day to Wizard and to Turbo’s Dad! Yay for getting the computer stuff sorta sorted out and for liking your new ‘puter. Yay for a speedy appraisal. Aww poor Maggie. :hugs:
1) My interview is later this morning and I’m totally spastic, but trying not to let it show. I am calm, I am calm, I am calm. Meanwhile, Hubs is outside washing my car so it doesn’t look like the dirt buggy it usually is.
2) We went blueberry picking a couple days ago. Then I made blueberry muffins which didn’t turn out right. Stupid melted butter being too hot and partially cooking the eggs. :shrug: We’re still eating them. Waste not, want not… and all that.
3) I’m going to try making a blueberry buckle later today. Or tomorrow.
4) Lumpy the deer has twins! Yay! You probably already saw that on FB, but I’m still pretty excited.
5) In a few minutes, I’ll do my Friday morning call to Mom. That ought to calm me down and take my mind off what’s ahead. She’s so awesome.
June 17th, 2022 at 7:51 am · Link
Aww. Poor Maggie. She’s picking up on the stress, the “hurry” and the sorting/cleaning. Once y’all move and she realizes she’s been in that “territory” before, she should settle down nicely. Yay for good browser, computer, and printer news. It’s NOT Caturday. It is FriYAY! Wow, a “service” person on time. You’ve lucked out twice now–with fire inspection and now appraisal! Ooh. Key lime pie. That sounds yummy. Okay, my five.
1. I may be getting my car back today or tomorrow. Baseball Boy spent the afternoon at the dealership where they’d narrowed choices down to two. The salesman said one car (which was the cheaper vehicle–older but with quite a bit less mileage) was the better deal. It’s a 2017 Nissan Pathfinder which gives them 3rd-row seating and more cargo space, gets about the same gas mileage as the the Murano they were looking at, and has only 34K miles. Fingers crossed finanacing and everything goes through.
2. It’s hot. Heat advisories. Cost bumps in electricity during critical hours. Ugh. And it really IS the humidity. It might be 91 but the heat index is 104. Double ugh. Thank goodness for ceiling fans!
3. Pete is getting a little bolder about stepping over the threshhold. He came in last night to explore a bit and he and Loki did this weird follow-hide-follow dance thing before Pete decided he wanted to be free so back to the garage he went. The dogs just ignore him. Well, Boone wants to sniff his…uhm…tail, but Jake’s just like “whatever.”
4. Stormy has been in and out this week. Next week, he’s here all day. No sports camps in the mornings. Since heat advisory is already out for the week, probably a good thing.
5. Father’s Day. I don’t think we’re doing anything. The Kids are stressed and exhausted. LG too. We just had big family gathering Monday night for Aunt Hooie’s b-day (her clan and the James Gang) so we’ll probably play it low-key. I guess I oughta go buy cards at least, huh? Yeah, yeah. I’m a slacker. But…no car. And it’s HOT! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Have a great weekend, all! 🥰
June 17th, 2022 at 3:15 pm · Link
1. Sure hope you get the browser issue all straightened out. Happy to hear that it’s no longer taking over Wizard’s account and making it yours.
2. Not swearing at the printer is a BIG win. Researching the new computer, even on short notice, is smart. Very happy to hear that you are pleased.
3. WOW! That’s fantastic that the appraiser was their so soon. Even when we are doing mundane things, it’s nice to know that we can go off if we need/want to. No stress.
4. Sounds like Maggie considers Wizard the Alpha of your pack and she is going to him to make sure all is well.
5. Ha ha on adopting a cat. You and Wizard have a nice Sunday breakfast outing. Can’t wait to hear what you end up making him for Father’s Day.
1a. My brother’s surgery went well. They sent him home less than 24 hours later. My SIL is tired out taking care of him. We all know how the caregiver doesn’t get much rest.
2a. Youngest and hubs were over at his new house this morning making the dirt drive into a gravel drive. Thank heaven the humidity has lifted and the temps are in the 80’s vs 90’s.
3a. I bought youngest a mop for his new house. When I got it home I looked at my mop and was envious. Guess who bought a new mop today ? ME!
4a. I’m in one of those patterns where I can’t even read one page at night w/o falling asleep. It’s taking me forever to read anything which really bugs me.
5a. I think I’m going to make a cranberry orange loaf for hubs for Father’s Day. It will be cool tomorrow so it will be a good baking day.
Happy Father’s Day Wizard and all the dads out there.
Have a fantastic weekend and don’t adopt a cat .
June 17th, 2022 at 4:19 pm · Link
B.E, thanks on all!
1) Hope you were able to do the interview and remain calm. But those nerves are normal! And hubs is awesome to wash your car.
2) Cool on blueberry picking! Sorry about the muffins, but baking is like that. One miscalculation is all it takes.
3) Bet the buckle turns out delicious!
4) I did see that on FB and I’m excited too! I almost feel like I know Lumpy too.
5) I’m positive your call with me went perfectly, and she helped you harness your nerves into constructive energy.
Hope you have a great weekend!
June 17th, 2022 at 4:28 pm · Link
Silver, LOL on FriYAY! And I feel lucky on fire inspection and the appraisal
1) Hooray! Progress on the car front! I’m thrilled for all of you and crossing my fingers it all goes through!
2) Ugh sorry about the heat, the cost bumps, and worst of all, the humidity. Heat like that is dangerous. And ceiling fans really help!
3) Loki and Pete are so cute! It sounds like Pete’s working his way into being fully integrated into your family.
4) Definitely a good thing for Stormy with a heat advisory. Next week will be filled with stormy
5) Whatever you guys do for Father’s day (or don’t do) I hope LG and BB have a great one!
Have a great weekend and stay out of that heat!
June 17th, 2022 at 4:39 pm · Link
Viki, I think I’m making an Oreo cake. But I was just making the cakes, and overfilled an extra pan, and it made a mess of my oven. I never, ever do that so I’m rolling my eyes hard at myself. The burned smell isn’t fun either. But I have two pans of cake that look good and should work On Maggie, I image she does see Wizard as alpha, and it’s a good point. I also think she needs different things for us, just like kids do.
1) I’m so very happy to hear your brother’s surgery went well and they released him quickly! And I feel for your sister in law. Its great that she has you, who understands what its like to be the caregiver.
2) I agree on being thankful that humidity lifted since hubs and youngest were doing hard work. Like you, Hubs must be so happy for, and proud of, youngest! He’s hit such a huge milestone in his life!
3) I had to laugh, I’d have done the same thing with the mop. And now youngest has a mop for his new home!
4) Isn’t that frustrating??? I’m falling asleep any time I try to read in the late afternoon or early evening. Same thing if I watch videos. I wish I had a solution. More sleep at night is just a dream (at least for me).
5) Cranberry orange loaf sounds delicious! I love that bread.
Happy Father’s Day to hubs and oldest son. Hope you all have a great weekend, and your brother listens to his wife and stays on the right path for his recovery.
June 17th, 2022 at 5:42 pm · Link
I was a bundle of nerves until I got there and then it all went away and I was fine. I think the interview went well but they had a couple other people to interview. I’ll know on Monday.
June 19th, 2022 at 11:59 am · Link
B.E., thanks so much for the update! I’ve been thinking about you and will keep my fingers crossed.