Friday, July 1st, 2022
TGIF! Hope you all had a great week! Now lets dive into sharing 5 random things about our week:
- Overall it’s been a good week where we are mostly catching our breath. We did go approve the granite for the new house. I think we’ll like it, but I’m soooo not going down that road again of worrying about each and every choice we made. The granite is called Blue Galaxy and has a strong, gray, black and a little blue pattern than should contrast nicely with white cabinets without being too overwhelming. I was trying to strike a balance between not washing out, having a nice feature since the island is prominent, but not overwhelming. So this is me not agonizing, LOL!
- I bought myself a raft for the pool. When I tried to get it on it, I fell. Wizard laughed like the lunatic he is, and when he could breathe again, said he wished he’d videoed it. He’s mean But he’s not really laughing because I fell. Well he partly is because I’m sure it looked funny. But he was mostly laughing because he told me to go buy a raft at a store where it’s cost a reasonable amount. But I’m cheap, so I went to a store called Five Below where everything is–predictably–$5,00 and below. Little did I know they apparently shrink the rafts to sell them at that price, LOL! It’s taking all my yoga balance to get on the thing, and then it slowly deflates and I sink into the water. This all highly amuses Wizard. I ordered a better raft from Amazon today.
- Wizard discovered I had unfrosted chocolate cupcakes in the freezer. He’s so happy. He never really knows what’s in the freezer unless it’s an ice cream carton that he recognizes. That he can spot in under 10 seconds.
- A small gripe about something that annoys me. Once we did the final transaction with escrow company on the sale of our house, the escrow office sent the two of us an email addressed to Wizard congratulating him. Just him. Only him. As in…not me because I’m…just the woman? I mean this tiny thing bugs me a lot. And worse? She’s a woman which annoys me more. Trust me, I realize this is such a small thing in a transaction that could have had dozens of big things go wrong. But since I made sure I was professional, respectful and responsive to everyone through this transaction, and I didn’t ignore the parties involved, I would like the same in return. I don’t care when someone calls Wizard to give him information assuming he’ll pass it on. He does. And I do as well. But to just leave me off a congratulations when the house was half mine is tacky. And annoying. So very annoying.
- Today I’m getting my hair done, then seeing Biker Witch. We might see Turbo this weekend. And Monday, I think we’re staying home and making ribs and possibly apple pie because that sounds right of the 4th of July. Those are all very fluid plans though.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
July 1st, 2022 at 6:26 am · Link
Ooo, your granite sounds pretty! LOL about the raft. Yay for chocolate cupcakes! LOL, they do that sometimes with Hubs and me. We laugh about it. But yeah, as a professional, your realtor should’ve been more circumspect about the names. Yay for getting your hair done. I so need to do that now that I’m not a hermit. And Yay for Biker Witch time and potential Turbo Time. Your meal plans sound super yummy. Don’t forget the corn on the cob. ;o)
1) I keep forgetting it’s a holiday weekend coming up. And I have Monday off. It’s so weird saying that.
2) Work is going well. Busy busy and all that. I make myself a lunch and eat at my desk. I have a desk and an office all my very own. My name’s not on the door yet, but I’ve only been there a week.
3) I’ve already lost 4 pounds. I think that’s because I’m not home grazing all day. Moo.
4) We had a little break in the heat this week, but that’s over and now the temps will be climbing again. Derp.
5) I have sticky notes! I ran out a while back and kept forgetting to put them on the shopping list. I finally remembered. I love sticky notes. I got a rainbow pack. Yay. (Yes, sometimes I am amused by small things.)
July 1st, 2022 at 8:09 am · Link
Pretty granite! *pets vicariously through the intrawebz* I 💖 Five Below but yeah, they’re cheap. I would have laughed too. Sorry. It’s the truth. Yay for cupcakes. Ugh. Maybe it’s like a glitch or something on her compter but that is TOTALLY unprofessional of her, especaially since your name is/was on the deed too! Yay for hair, Biker Witch, maybe Turbo Time and RIBS! I love ribs. Now I want some! Okay, my five:
1. It’s hot. The first part of the week was beautiful. Now it’s just ugly hot. Ugh.
2. Tuesday was primary voting. For the first time, LG and I both voted at the same time. We went mid-morning and there was no line but it still took us almost 30 minutes because Jake had to visit with all the little old poll workers. It’s the same group of ladies who’ve manned our precinct and an adjacent one with same polling place for years. One of them gave him a piece of bacon. Lots of pets. Luckily, not many came in behind us because there would have been a delay.
3. Stormy had a dental emergency Wednesday–a crown on a baby molar cracked and was cutting his cheek. They got him in to a dentist yesterday but Big Daddy had to meet Only and Stormy there. The kid under nitrous oxcide is all “The Dude abides…” 🤣 At least according to BD.
4. Rather than being “sore,” he wanted to go hit golf balls so BD took him to Top Golf. They were there for 2 1/2 hours. LG is the sore one today! Still, he’s taking the abiding dude to the par 3 course to play this morning because he couldn’t last night after golf lesson. LG and Baseball Boy both wanted to get home.
5. Weekly Pete story: After what we think was a skunk invaded the garage (no spray but that stinky, deep musk smell), LG put up the clear plastic swinging door on the open “hole” of the cat door. I was trying to show Pete how it works and he slammed into it head-first and bounced off. 🤦🏼♀️ Now I have to prop it open a little so he can come in. Once he’s in, he’s not that interested in going out. I’m hoping he eventually figures it out, though the door has a magnet that keeps it from swinging back and forth.
That was my week. Tomorrow is siren test and Mexican food then we’re hiding for the rest of the weekend. I figured on hamburgers for the 4th but now I want ribs. I’m too lazy to fix my own so we’ll think about hitting up Leo’s BBQ for take out. 🤣 Or hamburgers cuz…major heat on the 4th. Have a safe and sane holiday weekend all!
July 1st, 2022 at 3:00 pm · Link
1. The granite sounds very pretty. I’m hoping that after you are moved into the new house you will have a cake on the granite and we can get a nice looksee.
2. The raft story is funny and so true about 5 Below. Sure hope the normal size raft arrives fast.
3. Isn’t it funny how men can’t see the nose on their face but if it’s something they love they can spot in before and eagle could.
4. I feel the exact same way. It’s like my BMW. I’ve had 5 all from the same place. I talk hubs into getting one. When we go in for car washes or what not. They fall all over him while telling me I have to wait or they aren’t washing cars now all kinds of crap. They’ve even hand washed his X5 when the car wash was broken. That same day they sent me away with a dirty car. So I feel ya!
5. Hope you like your hair and that you were able to meet up with Biker Witch. Your 4th dinner sounds good.
1a. I got my hair done today too :).
2a. It’s hot 92F and humid. I feel for youngest who is still working on the floors of his house and moving Courtney in.
3a. Because I had planned on Harrison and family taking hubs back with them on Monday I didn’t have 4th plans. So now I figure it will be pork tenderloin or london broil and cherry pie. All could change at a drop of a hat.
4a. I ordered a dress on line. Now I’m wondering if I should have since most things don’t fit. I kind of reminds me of a 60’s shift dress with a blue and green tropical pattern. It’s supposed to arrive next Friday.
5a. The generator battery went the other day. They were great and out that afternoon to replace it. They wanted to make sure I was okay if there was a power outage (which we have ALL the time).
I sure hope you have a Very Happy Independence Day!
July 2nd, 2022 at 1:23 pm · Link
B.E, thanks! And sorry for the late response, our power was out for 11 hours yesterday. It was a long day! On the lady who only congratulated Wizard: It wasn’t my relator–she was great. It was the escrow agent. But like I said, I know it was a small thing
1) The new job schedule has to be an adjustment overall. I usually forget it’s a holiday weekend, but this one stuck in my head. Maybe cuz it’s the last 4th with our pool (I’m not sad, just wanting to enjoy it).
2) Wow! I’m impressed! An office is great. Making your own lunch is smart. I’m so happy to hear your enjoying your job. It must be exhilarating to have new challenges.
3) Funny how that works when we’re too busy to eat all the time
4) Ugh on the climbing heat!
5) Yes! We love sticky notes too! I couldn’t not remember anything without them! We line them up on our fridge with appointments, LOL! And when we had to put them away to show the house, we could barely function.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the day off for the 4th!
July 2nd, 2022 at 1:34 pm · Link
Silver, thank you! I hope you get your ribs! For us, we have better luck making our own and I don’t mind. Once I get them prepped with a dry rub the night before, it’s easy.
1) I’m familiar with the ugly hot. It was a 100 yesterday and we had no power for 11 freaking hours. Misery. But Wizard’s generator was able to run fans, and that helped.
2) Bacon!!! Jake is clearly special to deserve a bacon treat! Maggie is jealous. (her mom is mean about her diet because she throws up when I get lax). Glad you guys enjoyed the voting experience!
3) LOL! Laughing gas brings out the hilarious dork in all of us. LG is such a great grandpa!
4) Stormy is a tough boy! That’s crowns are not easy. I’m glad he did so well and hope they had fun again yesterday. Since I’m a day late, I think I sorted the days correctly.
5) Pete is too funny! I’m assuming he didn’t hurt himself slamming head first into the door. But then, he’s a cat, and they are tiny warriors. He’s sure taken to the garage and working his way into becoming a full pack member of your household. I love Pete stories! (As wells as Loki, Boone and Jake!)
Hope the siren test and family lunch go great. Whatever you end up having on the 4th — enjoy!!!
July 2nd, 2022 at 1:47 pm · Link
Viki, I’ll get pics of the granite once it’s in, then late with baked goods I agonized over the granite vs quartz decision because of the size of the island. Quartz is the in thing right now, the “elevated option”, which ironically would have cost me less, but I went with the stronger stone. Which was probably more than you wanted to know, LOL!
1) Hope you love your hair! it’s funny how we’re on the same schedule.
2) Your youngest is really busting butt to get that house done plus moving his significant other in. But he’s turning that house into a home, and that’s worth all the blood, sweat and tears. Did I ever mention that middle son refinished his two bathrooms. That was an endless chore too, but so worth all the work and expense. He had a contractor friend that guided him.
3) Those are great options. You know, I’ve never made a cherry pie. It’s never even occurred to me for some reason. I know I’ve had it, but never home made. Hm.
4) It sounds pretty! I really hope the new dress fits! A lot of mine don’t, but most because I’ve had to size up in the last years and accepting that has been a bit of a process for me. The woman in the mirror is not the same woman living in my head, LOL.
5) Wow now that’s some great service getting your battery replaced. We have a small portable generator that’s old, and it saved us with an 11 hour power outage on Friday.
Hope you guys have a great weekend and a fun 4th! If you make a cherry pie, let me know how it turns out.