TGIF! Hope you all had a great week! Now lets dive into sharing 5 random things about our week:
- Overall it’s been a good week where we are mostly catching our breath. We did go approve the granite for the new house. I think we’ll like it, but I’m soooo not going down that road again of worrying about each and every choice we made. The granite is called Blue Galaxy and has a strong, gray, black and a little blue pattern than should contrast nicely with white cabinets without being too overwhelming. I was trying to strike a balance between not washing out, having a nice feature since the island is prominent, but not overwhelming. So this is me not agonizing, LOL!
- I bought myself a raft for the pool. When I tried to get it on it, I fell. Wizard laughed like the lunatic he is, and when he could breathe again, said he wished he’d videoed it. He’s mean But he’s not really laughing because I fell. Well he partly is because I’m sure it looked funny. But he was mostly laughing because he told me to go buy a raft at a store where it’s cost a reasonable amount. But I’m cheap, so I went to a store called Five Below where everything is–predictably–$5,00 and below. Little did I know they apparently shrink the rafts to sell them at that price, LOL! It’s taking all my yoga balance to get on the thing, and then it slowly deflates and I sink into the water. This all highly amuses Wizard. I ordered a better raft from Amazon today.
- Wizard discovered I had unfrosted chocolate cupcakes in the freezer. He’s so happy. He never really knows what’s in the freezer unless it’s an ice cream carton that he recognizes. That he can spot in under 10 seconds.
- A small gripe about something that annoys me. Once we did the final transaction with escrow company on the sale of our house, the escrow office sent the two of us an email addressed to Wizard congratulating him. Just him. Only him. As in…not me because I’m…just the woman? I mean this tiny thing bugs me a lot. And worse? She’s a woman which annoys me more. Trust me, I realize this is such a small thing in a transaction that could have had dozens of big things go wrong. But since I made sure I was professional, respectful and responsive to everyone through this transaction, and I didn’t ignore the parties involved, I would like the same in return. I don’t care when someone calls Wizard to give him information assuming he’ll pass it on. He does. And I do as well. But to just leave me off a congratulations when the house was half mine is tacky. And annoying. So very annoying.
- Today I’m getting my hair done, then seeing Biker Witch. We might see Turbo this weekend. And Monday, I think we’re staying home and making ribs and possibly apple pie because that sounds right of the 4th of July. Those are all very fluid plans though.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!