TGIF! Time to share 5 random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Wizard and I finally made a decision on which living room furniture to keep (for now). We decided to keep the lighter weight stuff that we can more easily move it around for convenience in the new place. That means we had to get rid of the really old heavy furniture. We decided against donating it, just trust me on this. So we called for a pick up, then the two of us took TWO DAYS got carefully move it out of the house into the garage, then the next day from the garage to the curb. We did it with patience, careful lifting and a set of dollies. We were pretty proud of ourselves! Then the next morning the truck comes, and one guy hops out and loads all the pieces himself onto the truck in ten minutes. You know the sound the air going out of a balloon? That was the sound of our collective pride as we stood at the window watching this guy do it
- We have a closing date on our house! August 29th! So we do a walk through on the 23rd, note all the issues (there always are little things, but hopefully not big). Then we go again on the 29th, sign off if everything has been fixed and close escrow. We are supposed to get keys sometime late afternoon (fingers crossed). However the dates are “subject to change” so we should plan accordingly. I am planning, for the closing date stated on the document we signed
- Our is rental agreement for the house we’re in now has our last day as the 21st, but the owners have agreed to extend it to the 31st. Whew! That’s a huge relief as long as the house closes on time. We’ll be spending the next few days finding a mid-week moving company, or figuring out something. We will get it done. We are trying to make plans that doesn’t rely on the kids for actual moving since it’s midweek, then they can each come help as their schedule allows. There’s a lot of things we could use their help once the stuff is in the house (and they know as we’ve talked to them).
- Yesterday we took Maggie and went out to see Wizard’s mom and her husband. It was a nice visit. I swear, if you saw his mom you’d never know she’s 90! Anyway, we’ve noticed that Maggie seems to bring her joy, so we’re making more of an effort to take her. Maggie loves it. They pet her, tell her she’s pretty, give her treats and they have awesome backyard to play in. What more could she want? (She’s conked out on her chair right now, worn out from the visit!)
- We are planning a little gathering at Middle Son’s this weekend. That should be fun and I get to see Jett and Hazel, their two dogs. Maggie is going with us too (I think). I’m hearing there’s supposed to be thunderstorms, so I’m hoping that doesn’t cause any traffic problems.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!