TGIF!! Let’s all share five random things about our week. Here’s mine.
- Wizard and I are rarely bored. But this week, we’ve been bored. Now that the panic of where to live is solved since we are able to rent back here for the month of September, we’re living in limbo. We have half the house packed, it’s hot as Hades outside, so what do we do? It’s annoying stuff, my basil plants looks good and I wanted to try making a pesto sauce but my food processor is packed. I can unpack it since the boxes are clearly marked but I don’t want to undo the work I’ve done.
- On Tuesday afternoon we were so bored, I talked Wizard into furniture shopping. We aren’t buying, just looking at things we might want in the new house eventually. Because we weren’t buying, we found stuff, couches, a dining table, and a desk Isn’t that always the way. The surprise find though was a hallway table with a wine rack in it. We definitely want that table, but not until we are in the new house. Right now, it’s just more clutter to move. And we’re not exactly believing the promises of move-in dates at this point.
- Wednesday I went to my regular doctor, whom I like a lot. So he was comparing my latest bloodwork numbers with the previous year and said, “You’re cholesterol has gone down, you’re doing great.” And me, being glib (translation: a smart ass) said something to the effect of, “That’s because the I can’t eat many foods anymore.” You know what I should have said, “Thanks that’s good news. But no, I had to be a little snarly and you know what that got me? A trip to the gastroenterologists with a strong suggestion that I have a double scope procedure. LOL! Okay, truthfully, the reasons I went in to the docs was to request the referral to a gastroenterologist, but my doctor was way, WAY ahead of me. Once I said that and he fired off a rapid fire verbal quiz, then bent over his computer ordering the referral before I could ask for it. I didn’t even get a vote in the decision Just to be clear, though, we are not looking for anything scary here, just to see if there’s inflammation and determine the right coarse of treatment, if any, in addition to dietary. Otherwise, I’m healthy.
- My dress came and I really like it! Here’s a pic of it on the hanger. It doesn’t show it off at it’s best, but you can get the idea. It fits, so I think I’ll keep it.
- Maggie is bored too. She tries to go outside and chase lizards, but I limit her time outside, then make her come in and cool down. So we pretty much play in and out all day, but when the temps are over a 100, heat stroke is a very real possibility in people and dogs. She is very good about drinking lots of water so that helps.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!