Friday, August 19th, 2022
TGIF! Its time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Wizard’s losing a battle with a gopher. It’s not pretty, LOL.
- Maggie wants to help find the gopher, but it’s always after 9pm, when I don’t care. I just want her to hurry up and do thing then come in the house
- Yesterday I headed out to shop for a birthday gift for someone who is usually easy to buy for. I came up empty, but I still have time. I’m more annoyed that my cake pans and tools are packed, so I probably won’t make a cake. But then, I do know where they are packed, so we’ll see. Her birthday isn’t until the end of the month.
- Wizard’s uncle is coming from out of state next week, and we’re seeing him at a small gathering on Tuesday. I’m taking cookies which means I get to bake!
- This weekend Wizard is trying a night race, and it’s Saturday night which is good for me. That’s the only night I look forward to TV when my vet shows are usually on. And we may go see Turbo too, but we’re leaving that up in the air right now.
I seriously struggled for five this week! Oh well, I can live vicariously thought all your exciting adventures! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
August 19th, 2022 at 6:17 am · Link
LOL about Wizard and the gopher. Not so much Maggie and the gopher. Bummer about not being able to find the right birthday gift and not being able to make a cake. Yay for cookies, though! Ooo, Saturday night to yourself. Sounds like fun.
Ack, I hope you’re not living vicariously through me. Here’s how exciting my adventures are…
1) My boss texted yesterday morning to let me know she was running late and I told her not to worry I had everything under control. Right after that, the universe laughed and showed me I did not have everything under control. LOL
2) I’m supposed to be coming up with a work schedule and sticking to it so I can work more efficiently, so I tried yesterday to write down everything I did and how long it took me. Let’s just say it’s a lot of lines of 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there.
3) I had chicken defrosted for dinner, so I diced it up, threw it in a pan with butter and mushrooms. Then I made Ramen noodles (just the noodles, not the broth) and we had big bowls of noodles with the chicken and mushrooms. Yum.
4) I need to hit Wallyworld Saturday. Now that I’m working, I’m shopping every Saturday. Not sure how that happened. I’m not even here and Hubs doesn’t eat that much.
5) The book I’m reading write now defies genre. I thought it was a fantasy when I downloaded it. It’s got magic, but it’s also got crime. But it’s not urban fantasy, because it’s not set in our world, if that makes any sense. I’m going with hard-boiled crime fantasy steampunk noir. LOL Whatever it is, I like it.
August 19th, 2022 at 8:38 am · Link
🤣🤣🤣 Shades of “Caddyshack!” Poor Wiz. Awww. Maggie is such a helper! Hope you find a gift. LG’s is next week and no clue what I’ll get him. Bummer on the pans but yay cookies! And oooh. Night racting. And a night to yourself FTW! And you living vicariously through my five? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Okay, on to said five:
1. I use a small white board to make notes when I’m revising, formatting, etc. Well, this set of revisions took so long the wipe-off markers didn’t wipe off. 🤦🏼♀️ This necessitated a midweek visit to Wallyworld. I now have a slightly bigger board and I got the old cleaned off with Clorox. I think it’s going to the thrift store.
2. While at Wallyworld, I parked in a different place because we normally go in the grocery side but this time took the shortest route to office supplies, which is the other door. There were new posts to sniff so Jake did. All the sudden, I heard this gasp and looked up to see a Chihuahua charging Jake. The dang thing got right up to him and went nose-to-nose. Jake looked at me then at the Chi…and put his foot on the little guy to hold him down. I didn’t laugh. The Chi looked so indignant, Jake looked mildly confused and the lady who owned the ankle biter WAS laughing, and was very apologetic. I smiled after she gathered the thing up, and Jake and I went inside. She followed, with the stupid Chi. Sooo not a service dog but whatever.
3. I finished all the revisions and now I’m about half-way through the first book I want to put up. I can’t believe how many typos I missed. And I’m adding more words. 🤦🏼♀️ I’m hoping to finish it today or tomorrow and get it up for a release on Tuesday or Wednesday. 🤞🏼
4. I’m not gritching about the weather for once. We got a real cool down and while some got rain, we didn’t. Still, one day briefly touched 80 for a high and another day was in the mid-80s. Supposed to hit 90s today and tomorrow then big change of rain and 70s on Sunday. I am soooo ready for fall!
5. New feral hanging around. He’s a mostly gray tabby with really long legs and tall ears so I’m wondering if part Absynnian maybe. Anyway, I call him Long Tom Silver (LT for short). He is not afraid of me and is quite insistent about feeding. He also doesn’t meow. He hisses. Shylock and Lucifer just sort of stare at him like…”Really?” Also, Luci let me tough him the other day. Progress. And in final cat news, I looked out the front window to check for mail and I saw our across-the-street neighbor out filling her bird feeder. And there was Pete at her feet looking for pets. And probably food. She puts a little food out for the ferals too. Pete is such a con! 😼
That’s my news. Nothing going on this weekend. Just writerly stuff, baseball, and On Scene Live. Have a good one, all!
August 19th, 2022 at 3:02 pm · Link
B.E., I ordered something for the birthday girl today, so that’s fine. And if I choose, I can unpack stuff, I just don’t want to
1) Muphey’s Law is always on guard for us reassuring someone else we have it all under control. I’m sure you did great.
2) Those kids of tasks are hard to track and schedule since we usually do them between the bigger tasks. Wishing you luck on designing a schedule.
3) Sounds good! I have used ramen noodles and left over chicken many times for quick meals, especially when the kids were home as they liked it. But you upped the game with the sautéed mushrooms!
4) LOL! Food shopping is a chore on any day, but Saturday doubles the challenge. As for why you need a weekly shopping despite not eating as much — I’ve never been able to work out that math.
5) I guess the author really wanted to write outside the box! Hope the book is interesting!
Have a great weekend despite having to shop at Walmart on Saturday
August 19th, 2022 at 3:15 pm · Link
Silver, I hope Wizard can still go night racing. He just chipped or cracked a tooth and is on his way to the dentist now. This week has been tossing random crap like that at us daily. Nothing terrible, but like the universe is play dodge ball and we’re (or more specifically Wizard is) it
1) Bigger is better in white boards anyway. I’m surprised you were able to clean it with Clorox without damaging the surface. I leaned something new!
2) I would have laughed!!! So hard. But then I’d get annoyed because that chihuahua frantic energy can easily spark the other dog to attack and the chihuahua would have been dead. They are so danged lucky Jake didn’t attack. But I gotta saw, the mental imagine of Jake dropping his foot on the little dog to shut him up is my smile the the day!
3) Typos are the work of the drunk gremlins. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
4) Yay for the cooldown! It gives us all hope
5) Man your street is a feral cat haven! They all find you. Pete is clearly special, and highly amusing!
Good luck on your typo hunt and have a great, if quiet, weekend!