TGIF!! Time to dust off our imaginations and come up with five random things to share about our week. Here’s mine:
- There’s a Cat 2 hurricane heading for Southern CA. Um…what??? I heard that and thought it was a joke. It is expected to downgrade significantly before hitting land (assuming it does). However apparently strong winds and heavy rains are likely. Okay…not weird at all for So Cal in August. Mother Nature, is it possible you’re having a stroke? You might want to consult a medical professional like immediately. Just saying…
- I feel I need to point out that I’m not excited by refrigerator shopping. We went out yesterday to get started. Our current fridge is okay, but very old, so we budgeted for a new one before we get in a situation of the old one going out. And since we know some people are experiencing delays in getting things delivered, we’re figured we’d better get on it. I found one I really like, but then Wizard went and ruined it by making a valid point about the ice maker. The upside is as long as the old fridge hangs on, we are not in a rush and I can figure out the best option in our price range that satisfies us both.
- So the other day I came went into the kitchen after doing some yoga, and Wizard was making himself some breakfast. I’m innocently drinking water, when he blurts out, “When did I start looking like a walrus?” I choked so hard. Then laughed — not at him as he does not look like a walrus. But the sheer randomness of that comment totally undid me. He’s been frustrated this week with some of the limitations that come with the years which I can understand and go through too — but I can NOT figure out how he decided he looks like a walrus. Or why he chose a walrus. I mean I have so many questions, LOL! I did reassure him once I caught my breath, I’m not mean just easily entertained!
- I don’t think I ever mentioned this: Remember I had an infection that was causing nose bleeds? Well my doctor wanted me to see an ENT. I called the ENT, and the very first appointment they have is in early November. I’m just shaking my head. Oh and I was nice to them, I believe they are really that booked as most specialists are in our area, but I keep thinking about people with a more urgent need to see an ENT. As for my stuff, it can wait but I’m still grumbling on the inside because I’m always impatient to just get things like that done and off my mind. However, my x-ray came back fine, and we stopped the bleeding, so no one is worried. This is like a common sense follow up as some of the symptoms have persisted. But who knows, by November the remaining symptoms could be gone and the wait will be a win for me.
- This weekend’s plans may be affected by — and I can’t believe I’m saying this — the hurricane (yes, yes, I know it will lose power and we’ll be fine, but this is so weird to me). Right now I’m planning to make two kinds of cookies — chocolate chip with walnuts and what white chocolate chip macadamia nuts from new to me recipes that are supposed to be dupes of the famous Levain bakery in New York. Then Wizard and youngest are planning to go to see Wizard’s brother to help out with a small project, and I’ll send some cookies if they come out. If they do not come out, then there might be two hurricanes in So Cal because baking ingredients are getting crazy expensive in my humble opinion! Just kidding, my opinion is never humble, LOLOL!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a truly wonderful weekend as we all deserve it!