Wednesday, January 11th, 2017
Happy Friday! Okay so let’s do Friday Five where we list five random things going on in our lives.
- Wizard’s surgery for a severely herniated disc has been moved up a week to next Tuesday the 17th! Yay! It’s taking a little juggling, but this is good news!
- Thieves suck. I’m not gonna say more except that Wizard is all over this. So far, we’re fine but Thieves Of Any Kind Suck.
- Writing is hard. Sooooo hard.
- I have to do another lab test today and see one of my two doctors. This isn’t serious, we’re just chasing down stomach issues that I’ve had for years and years that have recently escalated. It’s most likely from meds and stress and all the doctors know this (really). But they’re being conscientious physicians who want to make sure they aren’t missing something. I get that, but I’m sick to freaking death of it. Wizard, however, has zero sympathy for my whining and is all like, “You will do this.” Whatever. Now I’m just doing it to say, “Told you so!”
- Rain!!! We’ve had a good amount of rain here in Southern California. We need it! Unfortunately, we’ll probably get some mudslides and assorted problems too, but I’m still celebrating the rain!
Now it’s your turn! Tell me five random things going on in your life.
January 12th, 2017 at 10:22 pm · Link
1. Mid 2016 it was announced the company I was working for was divesting us (totally out of left field). We have been bought for $885 million so I still have a job. Hopefully, this year will be full of good, challenging work.
2. When the weather is negative temps, you really need to start your car more than every couple of weeks. Dead batteries and tow trucks are no fun. I know better than to let a car sit, I’ve lived in Iowa my whole life.
3. I’ve managed to make over 50 scarves this winter season to donate to shelters in the area. Gotten to try many different kinds of yarn and explore new patterns.
4. Finally decided what to use a portion of my small inheritance from my dad on: new glasses and sunglasses. While this may not seem like much, I have a terrible script and the lens are horribly expensive. Buying new glasses after getting new ones last year is a big deal, but I hate the current ones (and I can’t see very well with them).
5. Getting over a cold that I got before Christmas. Have most of my energy back and will get back to exercising and eating right next week.
Here’s to 2017 being better than last year.
January 13th, 2017 at 6:23 am · Link
Yay for sooner surgery! Boo for thieves. Yes, they do suck. Sorry about your stomach issues. They suck, too. And YAY for rain. I know you’ve been needing it over there. Fingers crossed for minimal issues.
1) We’re supposed to be having an ice storm this morning. Have to wait until the sun rises to see if we actually are having it here. So far, no signs – the power and the internet are still working. :crosses fingers:
2) I went out yesterday to get stuff in case we do get ice. And everyone else had the same idea. Wallyworld was a zoo. Thankfully, all the shelves were still well-stocked.
3) Night before last it sounded like the coyotes were having a party in our yard.
4) I stopped to check my PO Box yesterday and realized I hadn’t checked it in three weeks. It’s just for writerly stuff and I never get anything but junk. Usually. I had a Christmas card in there this time. =o\
5) I’ve been screwing around with genealogy stuff again. I’m always amazed at the stuff I find.
January 13th, 2017 at 11:12 am · Link
So glad Wiz will get relief sooner! Thieves suck. I hope Karma (and Wiz) bite them! It would be nice if they can find you some relief on the stomach. Just sayin’… Your drought was as bad as ours was. Glad to see the rain but yeah, the stuff that comes with it for y’all sucks big time!
1. Same as B.E. We get the storms first. LOL Still dry outside, since the storm that was supposed to bring all the ice is stuck in California. We need rain too, but not ice!
2. I’m 1/3 of the way through my current WIP. I just finished a scene where four of the Tate brothers are teasing each other. I suspect you’ll relate, given your three. I was laughing by the time I finished. Hope that’s a good sign.
3. I got my author copies for my March release. I think REDEEMED BY THE COWGIRL is my favorite Red Dirt Royalty book. Shhh. Don’t tell the other Barron/Tate brothers!
4. Christmas is put away. Well, except for the Christmas tree. Since we didn’t take it down last year, I may just leave it up all year again. It doesn’t take up too much room.
5. I’m in a reading slump. This makes me sad. Even my old favorite rereads aren’t doing it for me. Not sure what the deal is. I’m trying some new-to-me authors to small success. Hopefully, some long-anticipated new releases will knock me out of the slump!
January 13th, 2017 at 3:39 pm · Link
Sorry about your tummy. It is nice to know that you have good doctors.
Great news for Wizard. I’ll be saying extra prayers on Tuesday that they fix him up 100%.
1. It’s sunny. After yesterday I was really beginning to wonder. It was SO dark all day and we got quite a bit od rain too.
2. Pizza night – can’t wait :).
3. Youngest just got home from CO. He had a great time. My cat missed him like crazy.
4. Eldest’s birthday dinner tomorrow at Brasa a Brazilian BBQ. I hate it. It’s all meat (which I really don’t much) at $55/person. Waste of money in my opinion. Told hubs next year they can have their B-day dinners at Arby’s or Wendy’s ;).
5. Leaving in a minute to have my arm worked on.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend :)!
January 13th, 2017 at 4:19 pm · Link
Labrat11, having your company bought out is a huge stressor with uncertainty, but you have sound like you have this! New challenges are energizing and I have my fingers crossed it all goes well.
Bummer on your car. As a California Girl, I’m pretty useless with cold weather facts.
I’m so impressed with the scarves your knitted and donated! Love it!
I have a difficult glasses prescription too (I see better using mono vision contacts) so I can relate. It’s so key to find the right prescription in the right frames. I hope you find the perfect pair!
Feel better soon and let’s all have a great 2017!
January 13th, 2017 at 4:25 pm · Link
B.E., fingers crossed that you didn’t get an ice storm and knock out your phone, internet or power.
Crowded stores, especially Walmart, is not my thing ever. But it’s smart of your be prepared.
We have coyotes in the hills by us too. I worry about all the small animals in the area when I hear them get into a frenzy.
LOL on your PO box. You don’t want to know the last time I checked mine
Have a great weekend and have fund with the Genealogy research!
January 13th, 2017 at 4:32 pm · Link
Silver, hope you guys get rain and not ice.
1/3 of the way through your WIP makes me jealous But yep, I know all about the brotherly teasing. My kids were going at it New Years Day–including very serious theft of peanut butter balls. Looking forward to reading your scene and book!
I’m excited for REDEEMED BY THE COWGIRL! And why not leave the tree up? It’s your house, and you can do what you like.
Reading slumps suck. I’ve had a hard time this last year. I enjoyed CD Reiss’s Marriage Games and Separation Games if that helps.
Have a great weekend!
January 13th, 2017 at 4:36 pm · Link
Viki, so far on my stomach, everything is coming back fine.
Glad you guys got some sun! We’ve been having a nice mix of raining and sunny days so very lucky this year.
Pizza night is great!
That’s so cute that your cat missed your son. I bet he missed your cat too
Hope Eldest has a great birthday! And I hope there’s something there at the restaurant that you enjoy.
Your poor arm! I hope it’s improving. Have a great weekend!