Friday, March 10th, 2017
Happy Friday Five
- I’m in a race against time trying to write this book. If only the scenes would magically write themselves, but no matter how much Lucky Charms I eat, it doesn’t happen. Also I don’t actually buy or eat Lucky Charms
- Wizard brought me home a Hershey’s chocolate bar. You know, because fitting into my clothes is highly overrated.
- I love reading sexy dirty books if it’s compelling story, but I can’t listen to them on audio book. That’s such a weird quirk. I’ve been leaning toward mysteries and women’s fiction in audio.
- My insert key on my keyboard keeps going on and annoying the crap out of me. I’m assuming I’m typing so fast, I’m accidentally hitting it. Note I said typing fast, not accurately, LOL!
- At night when I go to bed, I watch dog rescue videos to try to distract myself enough to sleep. It’s kinda, sorta working.
Okay that’s my super quick Friday Five. What are yours?
P.S. I’m uploading The Sex on the Beach Book Club–it’ll be up for pre-order by Monday (I hope) and release on March 20th.
March 10th, 2017 at 7:40 am · Link
I keep hitting the capslock on my new keyboard. It’s driving me nuts. LOL, since insert is next to backspace, I assume you’re backspacing a lot? I do that, too.
1) We had storms last night. We’re fine, but it was a little freaky.
2) Natural Causes is back with the editor, and I’m on track to release mid-April.
3) Got the weirdest message on our answering machine the other day. “Call me back” but he didn’t leave a number and the caller ID was blocked. No clue who it might’ve been.
4) Yes, I still have an old-fashioned answering machine.
5) I have to start editing Wish Hits the Fan, but I burned myself out editing Natural Causes and I so don’t want to start another round of editing, but this needs to be to the editor by mid-April, so I best get off my butt.
March 10th, 2017 at 11:24 am · Link
Uhm….*snickers*…Thanks. I needed the laugh this morning. And, trying to find happy things, which is why I needed the laugh…
racingplodding right along with you. I have to have this next book uploaded on March 17. Yeah…I’m about halfway done. Life keeps intervening. I’ll get there. *rips open shirt to reveal a red “A” superimposed on Superman’s shield* I am Super Author!
2. Thank goodness for the World Baseball Cup thingy. I have live games to fall asleep to every night. I don’t wake up at 3 a.m. to weird infomercials. The morning I woke up and five women were talking about the joys of a particular “aid” and its “good vibrations,” I was NOT humming a Beach Boys song!
3. I have trouble with the really dirty/sexy books on audio too. I’ve tried the Kit Rocha books. LOVE them to read. But on audio? I just don’t connect. That said, the IN DEATH books, either of Nalini Singh’s paranormal series, and Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels are awesome in audio! And for something different, Kevin Hearne’s IRON DRUID books. Check them out.
4. I fixed Shrimp Scampi the other night for dinner, using a pre-packaged sauce from Campbells. I added a little sea salt and more garlic, a little basil and parsley, and it was pretty yummy and with precooked shrimp, easy peasy. I shall have leftovers for lunch today.
5. I need more coffee. Luckily, there is still half a pot waiting just for me. Life is good!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
March 10th, 2017 at 11:57 am · Link
B.E., yep I backspace a lot
1) Glad your okay after the storms
2) Great news on Natural Causes!
3) That call is going to bug you. I hate when that happens.
4) I was going to ask if you had an old fashion answering machine, LOL!
5) You can do it!
Have a great weekend!
March 10th, 2017 at 12:00 pm · Link
Silver, glad I made you laugh
1) March 17th??? OMG you are Super Author!
2) LOL on the infomercial!
3) Oh Nalini! Yes I could listen to hers. And JD Robb is perfect for audio.
5) I need more coffee too!
Hope you have a good weekend!
March 10th, 2017 at 4:17 pm · Link
1. Arm aches like crazy and so do my arthritic thumbs. Need massive quantities of wine ;).
2. Hubs and I made cold brew. I like super strong coffee/espresso better.
3. Best friend and hubs bought a second home on the gulf of Florida near Naples. Hubs wants me to do the same – right! Good luck with that mister!
4. More snow. It’s light but the temperature has really gone down and the winds a up.
5. Ever mention I really do not like fish? I married a Roman Catholic so this is not my favorite time of year. Off to go cook Tilapia.
Have a great weekend!