Let’s share 5 random things about our week!
- Insomnia is dogging me this week, and I just want to say, Thank God for my Kindle. I read or watch You Tube videos. If I’m not watching puppy videos, then I love Trevor Noah and John Oliver (This isn’t political, they just amuse me at 2 a.m.)
- I love our pool, but the salt system is giving Wizard fits right now. And it’s not cheap. However, Wizard is fantastic at troubleshooting this, so he’ll get it fixed. This stuff really falls under normal maintenance for a pool, but it’s still annoying and I’m very glad I don’t have to deal with it.
- My son called yesterday to tell me all about his trip to Tahiti. For awhile as he talked, I wished I was in Tahiti with a Mai Tai. I don’t think I’ve had a Mai Tai in decades but it sounds tropical. However once my son told me how long it took to travel to Tahiti, and how tired they were once they arrived, I remembered why I don’t travel to exotic places — I’m too lazy. I’ll just have a frozen margarita in my backyard
- I bet Wizard a lunch and he lost! But this is bad news for me. My GP’s office screwed up, not getting the right referral so I can see an orthopedic for my shoulder. This is insane people. Seriously. I had two phone calls with them today trying to make them understand they referred me to my regular rhematologist not an orthopedic. They swore they’d check into it and call back. I told Wizard, “I bet you a lunch tomorrow they don’t call.” Of course they didn’t call back as promised, so Wizard has to eat lunch at home tomorrow. Good thing I’m just in pain rather than seriously sick. And really, I’m okay, but there are people whose lives depend on better care than this. I worry about them.
- In good news! Both me and my team (my assistant, Anna and my formatter, Amy) have been working our butts off, and we have SAVAGED VOWS up for pre-order! Seeing both these books up for pre-order represents almost a year of work for me, and is tangible proof that I’m accomplishing what I set out to do! For so long, I wasn’t sure if we’d pull this off. In addition to Anna and Amy, also want to thanks my cover artist, Jaycee DeLorenzo, my editor Sasha Knight and my copy editor Kimberly Cannon. I’m very fortunate to work with an extraordinary team. Now I just have to get Savaged Devotion written in record time with a crappy shoulder. I love a challenge, LOL!
Okay that’s my Friday Five. Time to share yours! I really do enjoy reading them Have a great weekend everyone!