Friday, July 7th, 2017
Happy Friday Five
Five random things about my week:
- I had to go to the DMV and renew my driver’s license. That’s place was packed! You couldn’t move with out inappropriate body contact, and definitely not the fun kind. But I had an appointment, so I was only there about a half hour and then I escaped.
- After a major glitch, I finally got my MRI approved and scheduled in another week and a half. This neck shoulder thing is controlling my life. Just getting the MRI approved was a major battle I really don’t have time for.
- I forgot how to write a book.
- I’m excited for Savaged Vows to release in a couple weeks.
- The heat sucks!
Your turn to share five random things about your week. And everyone have a great weekend!
July 7th, 2017 at 7:31 am · Link
1) I had a group of kids hanging around me while I fished at the park yesterday. No bad kids, just curious. Which was making it really hard for me to fish.
2) Why people like to approach and talk to me when I fish, I’ll never know. I dress like a bum. I look like I just rolled out of bed. Nine times out of ten, there’s worm dirt under my fingernails. I usually have a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. And I wear a baseball cap that says ‘Polygamy Porter – Why have just one?’.
3) The above hat was a marketing giveaway from when I lived in Utah. Wasatch Brewery. I wanted the hat that said ‘Polygamy Porter – bring some home to the wives’ but they were out.
4) I’m editing my brains out right now. Now ’til Monday will be a marathon.
5) I finally got off my butt and created paperbacks for Natural Causes. Gah, I’ve been such a slug this year.
July 7th, 2017 at 10:43 am · Link
B.E., thanks. We’ll get my shoulder taken care of eventually and I’ll get this book written one way or another.
1) I like kids But I also like being left alone sometimes.
2) Maybe you look approachable that way? But I get it. AT the gym, I don’t talk to anyone anymore. I just want to put my headphones on, do my cardio and quiet my brain. I’m guessing you feel the same way about fishing.
3) Polygamy Porter…I’m not sure what to do with that, LOL! Sounds like Reality TV Show!
4) Editing is hard on the brain! It sends me into hypercritical mode. Hope you finish soon!
5) Yay on the paperback for Natural Causes!!
Have a great weekend!
July 7th, 2017 at 11:31 am · Link
Where did the morning go?!?!? Yay for the MRI approval, Jen! Finally!
Okay, my five…
1) It’s hot. Yeah, yeah. July in Oklahoma. Still, it’s hot.
2) I have three deadlines. Trying to write in any of the three is like swimming upstream. In mud. On a hot day. With quicksand.
3) I’m seeing a theme here…
4) I got to ride on a float in the 4th of July parade, sitting next to a 91 year old WWII vet who served on the USS Enterprise. Watching him blow kisses to the spectators was a delight. (And it was hot-ish- )
5) I really need a Starbucks run. But it’s hot outside…
Have a great weekend everyone! And stay cool!
July 7th, 2017 at 2:49 pm · Link
1. Feel your pain with the DMV.
1a. I’m going to transfer title and give car to middle son tomorrow. Long lines await at (OH – it’s BMV) :(.
2. Glad you finally got the MRI approved. I think I’m looking forward to the results as much as you.
2a. I’m going to try CBD oil caps for the pain. The balm really helps with both of the thumbs RA, so it’s worth a shot.
3. You have not forgotten how to write a book. It’s just making you work hard for it.
3a. I finally got to start Savaged Dreams :). So far l’m loving it.
4/4a. Me too :)!
5/5a. Me too :(!!!!
I hope you have a great productive weekend :)!
July 7th, 2017 at 4:48 pm · Link
Silver, all the days are speeding by!
1) I feel your heat related pain. It’s 111 here.
2) Three deadlines is crazy!
4) OKay now I’m jealous of your 4th of July float ride next to the WWII vet!
5) So what you need is a Starbucks delivery. You can get it iced too. And this heat!!!
Enjoy your weekend!
July 7th, 2017 at 4:54 pm · Link
1) I hope it goes fast for you at the DMV! I hated going, but it could have been worse and it’s done now.
2) I’ll let you know on the MRI. This is a cervical MRI. I wish they could include the shoulder in that, but they can only order ONE study at a time. I’ll let you know
2a) Glad the balm helps with your RA. Do you only have it in your thumb? Mine’s aggressive in multiple areas because I’m an overachiever like that
3) I hope you’re writing that I haven’t forgotten and THANK YOU on SD so far!
4) Thanks again!
5) We’re all sick of this heat!
Hope you have a great weekend!