Friday, July 14th, 2017
Happy Friday! Let’s do five random things about our week.
- Tuesday morning Wizard and I went grocery shopping. After loading the bags into the trunk of our car, we noticed all the windows were down, the sunroof open and the car unlocked. The car had been fully closed up and locked when we went inside. Nothing inside the car was missing or disturbed. We were totally baffled for about forty minute, kicking around ideas, but mostly worrying about an electronic short in our eight year old car. Then it dawned on Wizard. There’s a button on our electronic key fob that if you press and hold down will unlock the doors and open all the windows to cool off the car. We’d completely forgotten about that function. Wizard had his keys in his pocket, and our best guess is that while unloading groceries, he leaned against the trunk and somehow held down that button.
- People who are NOT handicapped and park in handicapped spaces piss me off. I don’t care if it’s only for “two minutes.” People who leave their animals or kids in boiling hot cars piss me off even more.
- Speaking of pets, at CPA Boy’s work picnic last week, a family came in with 2 dogs in a carriage. Special K and I watched for about five minutes then we couldn’t stand it. We went over and introduced ourselves to a really nice lady and told her we wanted to meet her dogs. Yeah…we did that, LOL! The lady was really cool about our weirdness and happily let us meet and pet their dogs. They were two sweet pups. One was 13 years old, and so that’s why they had they carriage. Even better? They’d only adopted the 13 year old the previous year when she was 12.
- I had to run to Target yesterday for boring stuff like paper towels and came home with these Oops! But at least I remembered the paper towels.
- I’ll be working all weekend, desperately trying to get this book into words arranged in an order that make sense. I’m so far behind, but I trying not to think about that. Besides, I like a challenge, right? Bwhahahaha!!
Okay it’s your turn! Tell me five random things about your week!
July 14th, 2017 at 8:48 am · Link
LOL, I’ve popped my trunk accidentally before and set off my alarm thingie accidentally (which is truly a pain in the buns), so I totally get it. Yes, un-handicapped people in handicap spots piss me off, too. Same with living things in hot cars. Do we really need to remind people cars get hot inside in the summertime? Apparently, because people keep leaving living things in them. Stupnagles. Yay for pet adopters and for chocolates. Boo for working all weekend, but you’ve got this. :hugs:
1) I wish we’d bought a cheap, light lawnmower 4 years ago instead of this expensive, heavy piece of equipment.
2) We have fawns!
3) I got some locally grown peaches. They were awesome. But now they’re gone and the person selling them is out. =o\
4) I need more coffee.
5) I spent time last night reading the 51 pages of a book I started writing in 2013. It’s still really good. Now I just have to figure out where to go from here.
July 14th, 2017 at 8:51 am · Link
Awwww on your five things. My five? I’ll start with your #5…
1. I have 23K words to write between now and July 23rd. Oh, and edit them too. *headdesk*
2. I have a wonderful fan who is trying to start an in-home business. She made me 100 red book candy (chocolate-like base) lollipops to take to Orlando. They are too cute!
3. I’m keeping the Stormageddon tomorrow afternoon. For about 2 1/2 hours. Alone! *flail* LG will be attending the state American Legion convention and The Only is going to a bridal shower. Fun times.
4. I’m half-way through the current WIP and they haven’t kissed yet. This might be a problem…
5. Wow…I think we just had an earthquake. I’ll have to wait a few minutes to confirm. Incidents don’t automatically pop up on the USGS website.
July 14th, 2017 at 8:53 am · Link
Ugh. I need more coffee so I can actually type what my brain is thinking instead of what my fingers translate… that would be red BOOTS, not books. Though books would be totally cool too.
July 14th, 2017 at 3:46 pm · Link
1. That is so funny. My car does that too and I have never used it.
2. That ticks me off big time too. In fact I’ve been known to say something.
3. You’re not alone, I would have asked to pet the dogs too.
4. DOVE jumps into my cart often too ;).
5. Don’t work too hard this weekend, have some fun.
1. It finally stopped raining. The sun is out but man is it humid. That should lift tonight.
2. Youngest was going to take me to Billy Joel tonight but his boss sold the tickets ;).
3. Having coffee with girlfriend tomorrow. Have done this in a couple weeks.
4. Going to PeeWee’s new house tomorrow. He hates it. Being 11, it’s hard for him. We think the more people he knows that go over and play with him will help. Then we’re going out for dinner.
5. Having a really bad pain day. Going to take a pill soon. Have to order higher mg pills this weekend.
How is Wizard’s back healing?
Have a great weekend :)!
July 14th, 2017 at 4:32 pm · Link
B.E., my working all weekend is my fault to some degree, I got myself in this mess :-). And why do we have to tell people things that should be common sense? Okay onto your 5 things:
1) After mowing our yard for Wizard, I can totally understand the desire for a light lawnmower!
3) I love peaches. Hope the guy gets more in soon.
4) Coffee rocks!
5) Sounds like you’re dusting off a gem and you need to get busy
Have a great weekend!
July 14th, 2017 at 4:45 pm · Link
1) Hope you’re feeling more successful than I do at this second in the writing department. (I just have to push on)
2) LOLOL on books rather than boots. I LOVE the red boots candy which fits your Cowgirl series!! Those will be great for Orlando!
3) You’ll have a blast with Stormageddon then have to take a nap
4) Sound like it’s time for that first kiss. But it really depends which series you’re working on.
5) Looks like you did have an earthquake. Hope everyone is safe.
Hope you have a great weekend and don’t get too tired babysitting alone!
July 14th, 2017 at 4:52 pm · Link
Viki, I can’t help it with dogs, LOL! But I always ask first, so I guess that’s good.
1) Ugh on the humidity. Hope it’s gone by tomorrow.
2) Bummer on the billy Joel tickets
3) Enjoy your coffee date with your girlfriend. (Is hubby going too?)
4) Oh, PeeWee didn’t want to move. I’m sad for him, but I think you guys are right. The more of his “friends and family” that come play with him, the better he’ll adjust. Some dogs just don’t like change.
5) I’m so sorry to days bad. I really wish you could get more help.
Wizard healed from back surgery really well. However he still has some nerve pain that may not ever go away. Only time will tell.
Hope you have a great weekend!