Happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a good week! Now lets all list 5 random things about our week.
- Yesterday was a good writing day. I am so grateful for that! I haven’t had many of those lately and it felt pretty darned good. Plus I love Justice and Liza (AKA Beth). In this book, they’ve endured a lot and grown up so much, I’m actually a little like a proud mama
- Still waiting to hear on my STAT MRI. But yesterday was a better pain day to, so again, let’s focus on the good.
- I’m getting my hair cut this morning. And by cut, I mean bangs only! We have the layers in my hair the way shaped the way I want them, I’d just like them longer.
- If you guys are reading this, I need to know–what do you think is a good pool day dessert?
- I bought some coconut scented body wash that I love. However I don’t care for dried coconut in baked goods–that’s just wrong. I like fresh coconut though.
And don’t forget, Monday is the release for SAVAGED VOWS, book 2 in the Savaged Illusions trilogy! Ironically, this is one of my favorite books I’ve written, and yet it’s being released with little fanfare. There just hasn’t been time. And just a programming note: Be sure to read SAVAGED DREAMS first.
Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five!
July 21st, 2017 at 1:15 pm · Link
Pool dessert? Let me check my recipes… Yay on the release and even bigger YAYS for a good writing day and less pain. My five…
1. I’m not ready for Florida. Ugh.
2. After being pirated, though I still haven’t heard from iBooks, it appears my book WAS taken down. Yay.
3. I’m going to write on the plane. No. Seriously. Stop laughing.
4. I found an awesome outfit I can mix and match for 3 fancy events at Nationals. I consider that a WIN!
5. I think I figured out where I went wrong in the plot/timeline of the current WIP. Which is why I will be working on the plane because I sure ain’t gettin’ it done at my desk!
Links to my blog with some recipes:
Graham Cracker Eclair Cake: http://wp.me/p1tyzr-1g8 (has pudding, chocolate and graham cracker crusty stuffs)
Coconut Snowball Cake: http://wp.me/p1tyzr-1fS
New York Cheesecake Cookies: http://wp.me/p1tyzr-1fI
Just some ideas… Have a great weekend!
July 21st, 2017 at 1:17 pm · Link
Well…that’s a first! My comment is awaiting moderation? I guess because I put links to the recipe blogs on my site. Please take me out of moderation jail, Jen!
July 21st, 2017 at 1:33 pm · Link
Silver, sorry about moderation jail! No idea why the comment went to moderation. I got the notice in my email and was surprised. I rescued you.
The cheesecake cooks look yummy! I think I’m going with root beer floats because…time!!!
1) Deadlines and trips don’t mix. But you will have a great time once your there!
2) So glad the book was taken down. I was so furious for you. I still can’t access iBooks to check mine.
3) I’m trying not to laugh. I did a ton of work on the plane and in the airport when I went to NY.
4) That’s a huge score on your outfits! I often go with summer dresses, one sweater and sandals now–light and simple.
5) If you figured out the solution, then you can work on a plane. Bring earplugs or or something to tune out your surroundings
Have a safe, productive and fun trip!!
July 21st, 2017 at 2:59 pm · Link
1. Very happy to hear that yesterday was a good writing day :).
2. I see a correlation here. Good writing and less pain day. I’m anxious to hear about your MRI too ;).
3. Hope the cut went well and the bangs perfect ;).
4. Ice cream sandwich cookies. Buy a bunch of huge cookies, spread softened ice cream on one and top with another – freeze. YUM!
5. I just love coconut :).
You know we’ll be spreading the word on VOWS Monday :).
1. Hot and humid – hate it!
2. Vacuum day – arm kills :(.
3. PeeWee is doing well with his parents away. Hubs even sent his mom a video of him on the much hated rug ;).
4. I ordered a pizza and sent hubs to the wrong place to get it. They could find it (wonder why;)) so made him one for free. Now I have to make it up to both place – eeek.
5. Just had my death wish coffee arrive. I love this coffee and it had free shipping the other day.
Have a great weekend!
July 21st, 2017 at 8:19 pm · Link
Viki, I’ll let you know when I hear on the MRI. Thanks for the ice cream cookie sandwich idea
1) I feel for you on the humidity!
2) I don’t know how you vacuum with that arm
3) Aww on PeeWee!
4) I cracked up on the pizza mix up! That’s too funny.
5) Enjoy your Death Wish coffee
Have a great weekend!
July 21st, 2017 at 9:11 pm · Link
Ugh. I missed blogs completely this morning. Yay for awesome writing days! And Savaged Vows! And everything! I have no clue about pool desserts. I just like desserts. I’d think something fruity and light, though.
1) I went fishing this morning which was part of the reason I wasn’t here.
2) I checked the numbers and I wrote over 15K on this story since last Wednesday. Yay.
3) Did I happen to mention this story is called Sleeping Ugly? It’s a lot of fun to write. Mostly.
4) I’m in the muddled middle right now, which is making my doubt everything I’m writing currently.
5) I just finished watching The Great British Baking Show and now I’m hungry, but it’s bed time soon. Gah.
Have an awesome weekend. :hugs:
July 23rd, 2017 at 9:53 pm · Link
B.E., I love the title SLEEPING UGLY!! Hope you had a great time fishing, and boy do I feel the middle of the book muddle too