Friday, September 1st, 2017
Happy Friday Five
- We normally go grocery shopping Tuesday mornings, but this week I had an appointment on Tuesday, so we went on Monday. As a result, all week-long we’ve been confused on the days of the week.
- I’ll admit it–I love Princess Diana stories and have read or watched a few of the articles and shows coming out for the 20th anniversary of her death. What I liked about her was her imperfections and passion. I also came to admire her cleverness and media savvy. I don’t believe in any of the conspiracy theories surrounding her unfortunate death. My opinion is that speed, drunk driving and arrogance caused her death, and that makes it even more of a human tragedy–she was as mortal and prone to poor decisions as any of us. Otherwise, I’m not much of a royal watcher
- I’m so happy that I figured out how to donate to the Houston Humane Society! I didn’t want to use my credit card, and they didn’t appear to take Paypal option. We had to deal with some identity theft not long ago, and I’m a tad paranoid, but I’m also an animal lover, and wanted to donate to a place that tries to reunite pets with their families (FYI, I’m not getting into a debate about shelters–I worked for one and I know first-hand how hard we tried). I struggled with this for just over a day before I remembered I had a Visa gift card that I was saving to buy some clothes for going to Florida. That card worked to make an online donation, and it’s a better birthday present than clothes! (And we also donated to the Red Cross).
- I’m tired of the heat and it’s not letting up anytime soon. But we had two weeks of milder weather before this heat wave, so I really shouldn’t whine!
- I actually fantasize about a full eight hours of sleep. Is that even a real thing, or is it an urban legend?
Okay that’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn to share five random things about your week. Have a great weekend!
September 1st, 2017 at 7:52 am · Link
1) I, too, share your fantasy of a solid eight hours of sleep. :yawn:
2) I’m brainfried this morning.
3) I put extra coffee in my last cup of coffee. Now I’m tired AND jittery.
4) I totally forgot Labor Day Weekend was coming up until yesterday. As a result, I have to go to the store today and hope I can still avoid all the people.
5) We finally finished all the weeding for the year. Anything that grows now gets a reprieve until spring.
September 1st, 2017 at 11:03 am · Link
It is Friday, right? So…time for randomness.
1) It seems a hummingbird has finally discovered the feeder outside my office window. She’s been there a lot, probably storing up for her migration south.
2) Our weather has been incredibly mild and by the end of the week, we’re looking at highs in the 70s. This is unheard of. Labor Day Weekend is typically one of the hottest of the year. Go figure.
3) I’m still stiff from the fall but the head is clearer. I HAVE to get back in the writing saddle.
4) The James Gang is gathering for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant tomorrow. Yay!
5) We’ve had a young skunk, young possum, massive coon, and two hawks visit this week. Fun times.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
September 1st, 2017 at 3:28 pm · Link
1. Don’t you hate when you mess up your routine? Drives me crazy.
2. I watched the wedding but that was it.
3. What a wonderful gift. Passing along your GC money for the furry ones is so sweet.
4. I feel awful for you in that heat. I hope it breaks soon and that the storms abate as well.
5. I know 8 hours is possible since my hubs gets 9 – SO UNFAIR!
1. It’s cool here today. My kind of weather. The clouds from Harvey have reached us.
2. My left shoulder is ticked off that the right gets all the attention so it let me know it’s there in a not so nice way. I need drugs – oh wine, yes please.
3. Having a cook out Monday with the two youngest boys and sig figs. Hubs wants Delmonico I say at $17/# NO! Burgers and dogs it is ;).
4. Going to see PeeWee tomorrow and take his parents out for dinner. DIL has really popped ;).
5. Youngest wants me to pull two eyelashes for him – YUCK! He says they keep going into his eye. This will not be fun.
I hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!
September 1st, 2017 at 8:50 pm · Link
1&2) I hope you get some sleep tonight.
3) Caffeine can backfire on me like that too. You really need some sleep.
4) Hope you missed the crowds at the store. Labor Day snuck up on us too.
5) Maybe you scared all the weeds away until next spring
Have a great weekend!
September 1st, 2017 at 8:56 pm · Link
1) Hummingbirds are so fun to watch. We had a horrible Hummingbird slaughter by a meanass roadrunner a few years back and haven’t had any more around since then.
2) We’re having those wild and weird weather swings too.
3) Don’t push too hard yet on writing. A mild concussion is a pretty big deal. And you’re sore muscles need rest to heal. On the other hand, I know the deadline is hanging over you. Just take care of yourself!
4) May the James Gang’s Mexican lunch be a blast.
5) Didn’t one of your dogs get a little too close to a visiting skunk recently?
Have a good weekend and get well!
September 1st, 2017 at 9:03 pm · Link
Viki, I love my routine and don’t like it interrupted And my hubby sleeps like that too–you’re right, it’s not fair!
1) Harvey is causing havoc pretty far inland.
2) Your poor left shoulder is probably doing too much in compensation too. I’m sorry! wine helps relax the muscles
3) I’m with you, burgers and hot dogs are fine. I hope you guys have a great time!
4) Awww…PeeWee! You’re DIL is getting pretty far along now, isn’t she? Tiredness comes with that, plus the big move and PeeWee worry. She’d had a lot to deal with.
5) Ugh, I’m squeamish about eyes. It’s why I haven’t looked into laser surgery to correct my vision. Hope you have success getting those wayward eyelashes for your son.
Enjoy your weekend and cookout!