Friday, September 8th, 2017
Happy Friday Five!
It’s Friday! Once again I’m stunned that another seven days have slid by. Let’s do our Friday 5 where we list five random things about our week
- What do you think of this for my Friday Five photo.
- I went to the dentist yesterday. All is well, except they found a small sore on the roof of my mouth that looks a tiny burn. The dentist said to his assistant, “Let’s have her come back for a recheck next week to make sure it heals,” while he had his hands in my mouth. People I’m not proud of this but I think I snarled, a little bit like a really hungry, pissed off Doberman might. Okay in my defense, all I do lately is doctor and physical therapy appointments, or chasing appointments or calling doctor offices and the insurance to find out why they aren’t doing what they are supposed to do. I’m a tad cranky about it. The dentist took one look at my bulging, bloodshot eyes and calming said, “You’re a smart woman. Why don’t you just call us next week if this doesn’t heal up?” LOLOL!! Then he said everything else was perfect and all but flew out of that room.
- FYI I’m 95% the mysterious spot on the roof of the my mouth is from eating a meringue cookie fresh out of the oven. The cookie was mostly cooled, but the chocolate chips inside were not. Wizard and I discovered that the hard way. And sadly, even after discovering that little detail, I ate a second cookie. To clarify, these are cooks made from egg whites which makes them healthy–ish
- I started ripping my book apart yesterday and I’m actually enjoying the process in a slightly gleeful, demented and scary way. I suspect it’s just admitting to the truth that medical issues got the best of me and this book is going to be late after all my promises to fans. Somehow I just stopped worrying about fighting through pain and (normal) depression, and it freed up something in my brain to let the characters tell their story. My process is always weird, but I was so busy being mad at myself and my body that I was shutting off my creativity.
- Hurricanes! Um, I think we all need to find a way to spike Mother Nature’s coffee with my left over Xanax (from my MRI) and calm things down. I really hope everyone in the path of Irma gets out-of-the-way or stays safe. As I’m typing this, it’s still headed for Florida and possibly the Carolinas. In a side note, I have my conference in Florida Oct 4th. But that’s a minor thing, I just want everyone to be safe and not lose their homes.
Okay that’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn! Have a good and safe weekend!
September 8th, 2017 at 7:52 am · Link
I think he’s just right. Sorry about your mouth burn. I hate when that happens. For me, it’s usually pizza related. Yay for enjoying the ripping and shredding! The book’ll be here when it gets here. No worries. And yes, Mother Nature needs a Xanax or a Valium or a chill pill of some kind. Hurricanes, earthquakes, forest fires… Ugh.
1) My new postcards arrived yesterday. I ordered 50. They sent 200. Not sure what the heck happened there, but they didn’t bill me for the overage, so it’s all good. Luckily, the postcards are for the now-complete Once Upon a Djinn series, so they’ll be relevant for a long long time.
2) The fawns are starting to lose their spots and the bucks are shedding their velvet. Fall in the Ozarks.
3) I saw an osprey yesterday. So pretty!
4) The lake is full of turtles. Which is cool, cuz I like turtles. And it’s not cool cuz they like to steal my bait.
5) I read something this morning about the Northern Lights. They’re going to be really strong tonight and will be visible to the middle of the country. Just north of where I am, I guess. Oh well, at least other people will get to see them, too. They’re amazing.
September 8th, 2017 at 5:13 pm · Link
Your Friday Five pic gets a thumbs up! I’m in a brain fog and just now getting around to reading blogs. *sigh* Okay, my five.
1. Did I mention the brain fog? Combination of insomnia and slight deadline panic. The good news of that is that I’m listening to a LOT of audio books at night and sometimes even doze off while doing so, which necessitates me backing up to find the spot between “I remember this” and “WTF?”
2. There’s been a bee and a hummingbird fighting over the feeder off and on today. So far it is Hummer 3 – Bee 2.
3. OSU plays tonight. OU takes on Ohio State tomorrow night. College football is cool. The NFL? I’m so done with them.
4. Weather has been slightly unseasonably cool and I’m enjoying the heck out of it!
5. Worried about all my friends in Florida. Seems like it doesn’t matter where they live, it’s gonna be bad. I haven’t tuned into the Weather Channel for wall-to-wall coverage. Yet. I tend to obsess over major events so I’ll sooner than later.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
September 8th, 2017 at 5:31 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on the pic, now i have to decide what to do with it
1) You hit the postcard lotto!
2) Fall is coming. And I didn’t know that fawns lost their spots–I learned something interesting.
3) Yay for the osprey sighting.
4) Turtles are cute And apparently hungry, LOL!
5) Bummer you’re not quite north enough to see the Northern Lights. I’d love to see them one day.
Hope you have a great weekend!
September 8th, 2017 at 5:37 pm · Link
Silver, I hear you on the brain fog. I resorted to taking nerve pain meds and in a fog too.
1) I do the same think on audio books, LOL! Really sorry about the insomnia. I’m not sleep either.
2) Wow a bee will take on a hummingbird?
3) A lot of people feel that way about the NFL right now.
4) Enjoy the slightly cool weather!
5) I’m obsessing and worrying with you. It’s not looking good for Florida right now.
Hope you get some solid sleep and have a good weekend!