It’s Friday! Once again I’m stunned that another seven days have slid by. Let’s do our Friday 5 where we list five random things about our week
- What do you think of this for my Friday Five photo.
- I went to the dentist yesterday. All is well, except they found a small sore on the roof of my mouth that looks a tiny burn. The dentist said to his assistant, “Let’s have her come back for a recheck next week to make sure it heals,” while he had his hands in my mouth. People I’m not proud of this but I think I snarled, a little bit like a really hungry, pissed off Doberman might. Okay in my defense, all I do lately is doctor and physical therapy appointments, or chasing appointments or calling doctor offices and the insurance to find out why they aren’t doing what they are supposed to do. I’m a tad cranky about it. The dentist took one look at my bulging, bloodshot eyes and calming said, “You’re a smart woman. Why don’t you just call us next week if this doesn’t heal up?” LOLOL!! Then he said everything else was perfect and all but flew out of that room.
- FYI I’m 95% the mysterious spot on the roof of the my mouth is from eating a meringue cookie fresh out of the oven. The cookie was mostly cooled, but the chocolate chips inside were not. Wizard and I discovered that the hard way. And sadly, even after discovering that little detail, I ate a second cookie. To clarify, these are cooks made from egg whites which makes them healthy–ish
- I started ripping my book apart yesterday and I’m actually enjoying the process in a slightly gleeful, demented and scary way. I suspect it’s just admitting to the truth that medical issues got the best of me and this book is going to be late after all my promises to fans. Somehow I just stopped worrying about fighting through pain and (normal) depression, and it freed up something in my brain to let the characters tell their story. My process is always weird, but I was so busy being mad at myself and my body that I was shutting off my creativity.
- Hurricanes! Um, I think we all need to find a way to spike Mother Nature’s coffee with my left over Xanax (from my MRI) and calm things down. I really hope everyone in the path of Irma gets out-of-the-way or stays safe. As I’m typing this, it’s still headed for Florida and possibly the Carolinas. In a side note, I have my conference in Florida Oct 4th. But that’s a minor thing, I just want everyone to be safe and not lose their homes.
Okay that’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn! Have a good and safe weekend!