Friday, September 22nd, 2017
Happy Friday Five!
It’s the end of another week! I don’t have enough pages to show for it, but it’s been a much better week! On to our Friday Five!
- I keep meaning to ask Anna (my awesome virtual assistant) to make a graphic for Friday 5, but then forget to follow through with her no matter how many times I talk to Anna during the week. That may be a metaphor for my life lately.
- So how do you guys feel about forgiving people who hurt you? I’m working on recognizing when the situation wasn’t really about me, but the person’s own personal struggles and demons. (Thank you to Wizard and Young Son (BLB) for helping me sort this out.)
- I’m listening to a Nora Roberts audiobook WITNESS and loving it! I can’t remember the last time I read or listened to a Nora book (I’m not including her JD Robbs).
- Tomorrow morning, I go for my first pain shot. Fingers crossed it works. I’m not nervous at all as I’m writing this, tomorrow could be a different story. And if anyone is curious, I’ve decided to do it under a local block rather an IV anesthesia. Yes, I am that much of a control freak
- I have a non-writing, not family secret and it’s killing me. And nope, I’m not telling you unless (unless a chocolate bribe is involved!)
Okay that’s my random five things about my weekend, now it’s your turn to share yours!
Have a great weekend!
September 22nd, 2017 at 7:58 am · Link
I don’t forgive. Sometimes I forget. Or rather I get to a point where the pain someone has caused is dulled to the point where it no longer matters. I can let stuff like that go. But to actually forgive? Nope. Fingers crossed for your pain shot, too. I hope it works and you can get some relief. :hugs: You teaser, you. Fine, don’t tell us yet. =op
1) I had an epiphany last night and finally got some actually okay words out.
2) I made the most awesome sandwiches for dinner last night. Cheese rolls slathered with butter and topped with turkey and shredded cheese, then broiled until the shredded cheese was bubbly and the rolls were toasty. With lettuce and tomato. Yum.
3) We’re in the fall bird migration time. All sorts of temporary visitors are flying through. I love this time of year. And spring when the birds head back in the other direction.
4) I really need to dust – as evidenced by the cobweb I just noticed draping from my curtains to my desk. Ugh.
5) Speaking of birds, the hummingbirds are really going to town on the feeder, getting ready for their massive trip south. Eat up, little dudes and dudettes.
September 22nd, 2017 at 9:53 am · Link
I can forgive, up to a point. That said, I never forget and I never let my guard down. Fool me once, and all that. It won’t happen again. I understand the control situation, but then I have a high pain tolerance and I want to know exactly what’s going on when it comes to medical stuff. Always have. There are a few nurses still alive who still talk about the time I took out the front teeth of an intern when he tried to hold me down in the ER. I was 12 at the time. Really hoping the pain shot goes a long way toward alleviating your problems! Oh, the chocolate is in the mail! Just sayin’…
Okay, my five:
1. I’m on the next-to-last book of a massive read/reread of Patricia Briggs’s Mercy Thompson/Alpha & Omega interrelated series. I love my library because I’m really enjoying the series and can’t really afford to buy them all.
2. It got hot. Like 90+ degrees the past couple of days. Luckily, that’s supposed to change come Tuesday–60s and 70s. I love fall.
3. I’m having good days and bad days when it comes to word count. My stomach is knotted up at the looming deadlines. I need to deep breathe through it and just write.
4. New episodes of my favorite TV shows are starting to “dribble in” with their new season premiers. I really need to find the time to clear out my DVR of last season’s episodes.
5. I keep finding recipes for sweet treats that I want to try but with weight and diabetes concerns, and a limited number of folks to indulge, I resist. Cuz, I’d eat the whole thing, y’know? LOLOL
Have a great weekend, everyone!
September 22nd, 2017 at 3:43 pm · Link
1. A graphic would be really nice. Your site is still not secure. I can only get on some of the time and my devices yell at me.
2. I often forgive but I NEVER forget.
3. Good that you’re enjoying the book :).
4. How did the shot go? I really hope it helps!
5. Oh a secret ;).
1a. It’s hotter than blue blazes and I hate it! It’s supposed to be fall now and cool and crisp not 92F!
2a. Hubs just went out to get me frozen custard for after dinner. Good guy! Now to get him to pour wine.
3a. My shoulder and RA have made it very difficult for me to crochet and the baby blanket isn’t even 1/2 done. The shower is Oct 1st. Please kick me in the butt ;).
4a. I love Death Wish coffee and they just had a recall on their nitro brew. Glad I only buy beans :).
5a. I keep getting distracted with Thor movie promos :lol:, no wonder I’m not getting anything done.
I hope you have a great weekend and I can’t wait until you spill that secret.
September 22nd, 2017 at 8:21 pm · Link
B.E., pain shot is done, it was interesting. I hear you on forgiveness, I think it’s a personal decision. And, yes, I do like to tease, LOL!
I love those epiphanies, and I’m thinking it was fueled by your awesome dinner Say hello to all the birds on their way to their winter homes. I bet my dust is thicker than yours, LOL! (house cleaners come one a month now).
Have a great weekend.
September 22nd, 2017 at 8:29 pm · Link
Silver, I forgive a bit better now than I used too. And wow, that was quite an experience you had at 12!! My experience today went well. I posted on my FB page and don’t want to bore everyone with repeats here.
I’ve read a couple of those books, I should look for more. Yay for fall weather coming your way, we’ve had it for the last week and I love it!
Oh man, I know exactly what you mean about that knot in you stomach I’m going through it, then lost another day today. We do the best we can right?
New shows will be welcomed and I wish we could have guilt free treats.
Have a good weekend!
September 22nd, 2017 at 8:37 pm · Link
Viki, I don’t think she was able to do the security certificate. So the cookies(cache) are probably yelling at you. I’m so sorry! The shots series when well today (six in all). A little uncomfortable but tolerable. It’ll take a couple days to see if it works.
I hope you get some cool fall weather soon. That frozen custard sounds yummy and hubby is wonderful! Damn your shoulder and arm! I can see where crocheting would hurt, but I know how much you want to do the baby blanket. I wish I had an answer.
I saw that recall on Death Wish coffee and thought of you. I hadn’t heard of it until you mentioned it so it stuck with me. Glad it doesn’t affect your beans. LOL on movie promo distractions.
I’ll share my secret in a few weeks!
Have a great weekend and hope you get a break from the pain.