Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Happy Friday! Okay here’s my Friday Five:
- I saw my new doctor and feel good about that. The first hurdle he’s facing is getting my expensive RA medication approved, then we’ll move onto pain management. But I feel so much better having made this change.
- Maggie is super cute It’s a relief now that she’s sleeping at night in her kennel with no complaining, even if she doesn’t want to go in the kennel. My middle son is helping me work on that, along with a lot of great advice I asked for on FB.
- I’m hoping my critique partner doesn’t hate the chunk of the book she’s reading. Naturally I always fear the worst, and it’s a pointless waste of time. I’m going to focus on the positive–I can fix problems once I have her feedback!
- Cancer Really Sucks.
- There’s a street in our neighborhood I have to avoid when walking Maggie because a enraged Rottweiler loses his mind and tries to get over the fence. He can get his chest and front legs to the top of the fence, and one day, he’ll get over. I don’t know what is wrong with people getting a powerful breed dog, then just leaving it in the backyard like that. I blame the owners. Don’t get a power breed dog if you’re not going to put in the work, time, money and attention. I have met plenty of well-balance power breed dogs with great owners, including my grandpuppy Jett. He’s probably a pit-boxer mix, well socialized and very friendly. But he has two owners who care about him. Anyway, that’s my rant for the day.
That’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn! I really hope everyone has a great weekend.
November 3rd, 2017 at 9:13 am · Link
It’s really Friday? *checks calendar to be sure* Huh. Crossing fingers on your doc. Yay for Maggie. CP won’t. It does, yes! Ugh. I hate dog owners like that! And now here’s my five:
1. I hate releasing a book. Sadly, my Penumbra Papers have never sold that strongly, but I love the world and there are those of my readers who do too. Ah well.
2. The leaves are falling. So many bags to be bagged. *sigh*
3. Tomorrow is Bedlam Saturday! (Oklahoma college football at its best: OSU Cowboys vs. OU Sooners!
4. It’s National Novel Writing Month. I’m using it to catch back up on my next HQ Desire.
5. I’m in a reading slump. *sigh* I’m relying on old favorites but I really wish I could find something new that grabbed the imagination. Ah well.
Have a great weekend!
November 3rd, 2017 at 11:30 am · Link
Silver, I can’t keep track of the days of the week anymore!
1) Congrats on your new release! That said, I suck and I’m so sorry I missed it. I’ll get over to Amz now and grab it and I’ll promo it on my FB page.
2) Leaves are pretty until they have to be cleaned up
3) Hope you can take a break from work to enjoy the game!
4) You rock at National Novel Writing Month! You’ll do it.
5) I feel you on the reading slump. I’m slogging through a book right now that has no real conflict. Like a conversation could fix the whole problem. I’m sighing with you. Maybe try a different genre? I hope you find the book that breaks your slump!
November 3rd, 2017 at 2:55 pm · Link
1. I hope the new doc get your meds set real quick.
2. So happy Maggie is coming around.
3. I’m sure your partner will have no problem with what you’ve given her to go through.
4. Cancer totally SUCKS!
5. I agree with you, people are to blame not the breed. Sorry you have to go around but better safe than sorry.
1a. We got to go see Harrison at his house and his parents let us each hold him :)!
2a. Got my hair done by a friend of Cassie’s. It’s just not the same but at least the gray stripe is covered up :).
3a. Bought a new down comforter and cover. Expensive but worth every penny. I love it!
4a. Having dinner with middle son and fiance tomorrow night over near John and Cassie’s place. The kids are going to finally go meet Harrison after mom and dad feed them .
5a. We’re on a roller coaster temperature ride over here. Up in the 70’s and down to the 40’s. Strange.
5b. I am so looking forward to getting back to standard time this weekend.
5c. Seeing Thor:)
Have a wonderful weekend!
November 3rd, 2017 at 5:55 pm · Link
Viki, i hope so too on my meds, but it will be a fight with the new insurance–it always is. Now onto yours:
1) I hope you took lots of pictures of holding baby Harrison! It had to be wonderful.
2) We are all so particular about our hair. But at least the gray is gone.
3) I bet the new comforter set is pretty. I bought a semi-expensive one for our bed years ago and love it too. I need a new one but haven’t found one I love as much.
4) They must be excited to meet Harrison, and what a deal getting mom and dad to feed them first
5) I’m hearing that all over about the roller coaster temps. I’m not as big a fan of Standard Time, and enjoy Thor!!!
Hope you have a great weekend!