Happy Friday! It’s time to list five random things about your week. Here’s mine:
- I’m enjoying walking and playing with Maggie so much, I gave myself a wicked case of shin splints on my right leg It’s improving day by day exactly like shin splints does. Over the weekend, I was running barefoot with Maggie on cement in the backyard, and I definitely brought this on myself.
- Still talking about Maggie–I left her with Wizard again yesterday for a couple hours with no crying! Her separation anxiety is improving as her confidence grows. She’s definitely a submissive/timid girl, but she’s really blossoming. We’re all learning.
- I working and reworking the first few pages of Savaged Devotions as I mentally replot the whole book and timeline from my critique partner’s awesome suggestions. Normally I rewrite much faster, but the whole Real Life things keeps getting in the way. However, I’m once again finding myself thinking about the book in any free moment, and that’s both a huge relief, and exciting, at the same time. I had began to wonder where the magic of hearing characters in my head, and feeling the drive to write, had gone. For months, it was only flickers in radio silence. It was frustrating and scary. (Also scary is trying to get my RA meds approved by my new insurance when I’m already late, but I don’t want to dwell on that right now. I’m thinking positive as much as I can.)
- This story has haunted me since I saw it on the news Wednesday night. It’s about animal abuse, so feel free to skip this if you want. But I just can’t shake it off–some asshole poured boiling water in his girlfriend’s dog. That is pure evil and enrages me, and I know all of you feel the same. The one bright spot is that the poor little dog cried out for help–and two 17 year olds were his hero that day. I’m so proud of them! They heard him crying, videoed the jerk, and called the police. I’m really proud of those teenagers! (I can’t believe that asshole who did it is out on bail though.)
- This weekend I’m going to my niece’s wedding shower. That’ll be fun to see her, and all the family as well celebrate her upcoming marriage in January.
That’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn! I hope everyone has a great weekend!