It’s been pretty danged busy trying to pull off Christmas. I’ve been either shopping, doing other errands, baking or washing endless dishes from baking. I also missed answering comments on Wednesday’s blog, but I read them all :- ) Okay here’s my random five from my week.
- I’ve made 12 loaves each of of pumpkin & zucchini bread. I’ve also made one batch of tea cakes, and a quadruple batch of Mocha Cookies (recipe link here).
- I couldn’t have done any of this without getting the shots in my neck and shoulders from the pain doctor last week. (These were local type shots, not the epidural shot in January that will be done in a surgery center.) They reduced my pain enough to keep going. Nights still stuck, but it would be a lot worse without those trigger point injections so I’m grateful.
- I had set aside 1 loaf of each kind of bread as our “tester” loaf to make sure the bread is decent tasting. Unfortunately, I accidently cut into 2 zucchini loaves, instead of 1 zucchini and 1 pumpkin. That means I screwed up labeling somewhere. I’ll straighten that out tomorrow. It’s not critical, but so annoying. Wizard volunteered to “eat my mistake” because he’s awesome like that.
- I’m about 2/3s or a bit more finished shopping, but it’s not enough! A couple people I’m unsure what to get them but we’ll get it figured out. Thankfully Wizard helps a lot, and we always manage to get it all done.
- Tomorrow is the big Apodaca Family Christmas and that will be fun! But it’ll be a miracle if I can find anything in my closet to wear…that still fits. However if that’s the biggest problem I have to worry about, then I don’t have much to complain about
That’s my Friday Five. Now it’s your turn to share yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
December 15th, 2017 at 10:55 am · Link
Wow! You are one busy lady!
Okay. My 5, which are boring.
1. Still editing because this book totally sucks. Depressing.
2. Christmas? I refuse to admit it is 10 days away.
3. That said, I REALLY need to get my Christmas cards addressed and sent.
4. I have to admit I’m really enjoying my free trial of Audible Romance. I’m listening to a lot of books I’ve enjoyed reading but would never spend the credits (or money) to buy. At an extra $4.95 a month on top of my regular Audible subscription, I’ll probably keep it.
5. I woke up this morning, the sun rose–and is shining, I have happy dogs and a purring cat. Life is good.
Have a great weekend!
December 15th, 2017 at 12:19 pm · Link
Silver, I’m pushing too hard and regretting it today
1) It doesn’t suck. You’re in hypercritical mode to edit, and you’re likely sick of the book. But it doesn’t suck, just trust yourself. And kudos to you for working! I want to, but…let’s not go there right now.
2) Christmas is kicking a lot of our butts this year.
3) Addressing cards is a huge chore!
4) I want that!!
5) Yes life is good!
Believe in yourself and your book, and have a great weekend too!
December 15th, 2017 at 4:01 pm · Link
1. You’ve been very busy in the kitchen – YUM!
1a. It’s been cold and snowy so I’ve been making cookies and bread and stuff too. It’s been every day food ;).
2. I am so happy to hear the shots have helped. Hope all goes well with insurance and the epidural.
2a. Not so good on the pain side but I have found something that helps me get a couple hours sleep – Yan Hu Suo – Corydalis Rhizome 100 Grams ( ActiveHerb). I bought it from Walmart.com for $16.
3. That could happen to me too.
3a. Youngest made chopped bread the other night. Hubs has eaten 3/4 of – poor kid ;).
4. Good job on the shopping.
4a. I’m all done. Now I have to wrap :(.
5. Have a wonderful time at the party.
5a. Hubs is watching Harrison alone Sunday while kids go to Star Wars. I’d go but I’ve developed a cough :(.
Have a great weekend!
December 15th, 2017 at 4:56 pm · Link
Viki, Happy Friday!
1) It’s hot here so I’m the tiniest bit jealous of your cold weather
2) I hadn’t heard of that herb, and am glad it helps you sleep. I’m really sorry you’ve been struggling with this for so long. It seems to take over our lives.
3) Yum on chopped bread! But hubs…LOL!
4) Amazing that you’re done on shopping!
5) OH no, I’m sorry you’re sick. Hubs will have some guy time with Harrison, and I really hope your cough goes away.
Have a great weekend!