It’s the first Friday of 2018! Let’s list five things about our new year
1) So far I’ve finished reading one book, MOONLIGHT IN MANHATTAN, by Sarah Morgan, DNFed an audio book and have two other books in progress.
2) On my own book, I’ve revised Chapter 2 in SAVAGED DEVOTION and am trying to carve out serious writing time to keep going.
3) And yesterday we found out there was a problem with our health insurance renewal despite making the equivalent of a house payment to roll it over into the new year. I suspect this will all be fine, but it’s costing us hours on the phone to get it all fixed. Amazing how they can take the money but not provide the product in a safe and timely fashion. I’m not sure about the status now on my scheduled epidural for my neck/nerve pain, but one thing at a time.
4) Maggie is awesome! And she keeps me active and makes us laugh.
5) This weekend, I’m going to work, then meet with middle son’s fiance to work on a few baby shower projects for my grandson’s shower in one week.
That’s a quick recap of my first week in 2018, now share yours! Have a great weekend!
January 5th, 2018 at 11:02 am · Link
Argh on the insurance SNAFU and crossing fingers on the epidural. Awww for Maggie and baby shower! Yay on revising and yeah, I’m sorta blah on books right now. I am doing a re-listen to a fantasy series in anticipation of new release at the end of the month, but that’s not part of my five. Unless I can’t think of five things.
1) I am feeling better. I’m done to only taking meds at bedtime though I wake up with a chest and nose full of crud. Each day has less crud and I keep my energy loner. This too shall pass.
2) I’ve got a decent start on the next Kindle World novel I’m writing, releasing the first week in April. I like the characters.
3) It’s been frigging cold! Warming up now and we might actually get some rain come Sunday. We need it! Just not in frozen form!
4) I’m teaching an on-line class on Magic Realism and Fantasy and how to incorporate same into suspense/mystery books. I have a great group of students and it’s been fun so far.
5) LG has stuff to attend to out of town all day tomorrow so I’m going to cover his siren for the monthly siren test then meet Only, BB, and Stormy for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. That’s a win in my book!
Have a great weekend, everyone. Stay safe and warm!
January 5th, 2018 at 11:04 am · Link
Gah! I need more coffee. That would be *DOWN* to meds at bedtime, and I keep my energy *LONGER*. *wanders off to get more caffeine*
January 5th, 2018 at 1:52 pm · Link
Silver, we have insurance again The rest of the fallout we’ll get smoothed out. I’ll deal with it next week. No worries on the typos.
1) I hope you quickly get rid of lingering crud and get your energy back. (And I knew what you meant!)
2) Liking the characters is a good start on your new book. I have to connect with them to write their story.
3) Hope you get rain and warmer weather. That cold sounded brutal to me.
4) What an awesome class!! You’re a great teacher too.
5) Have a great time doing the siren, and seeing the family!!
Really hope you totally kick this illness over the weekend!
January 5th, 2018 at 4:08 pm · Link
1. Great job on reading books this year. Saw your post on the DNF and completely agreed with you.
2. Yes! on SAVAGED DEVOTION :).
3. I can’t stand insurance. They are all buffoons! I pray they get it straightened out ASAP.
4. Love Maggie :).
5. Fun times this weekend planning the baby shower. Next week – man time flew ;).
1a. Finally over the respiratory crud. Took over 2 weeks.
2a. Having coffee with girlfriend tomorrow. Haven’t done so in weeks because she had surgery and a week after that her husband cut his finger off in the snowblower :(. Not good times for them.
3a. Harrison is growing like a weed, but then again his parents feed him for everything. Tried to tell them that food isn’t always the answer, that he needs to learn to amuse himself. No luck. He weighs more than a full term baby at 2 1/2 months. We’re supposed to subtract the 6 1/2 weeks early – so he’s HUGE :).
4a. It’s been super cold here but this coming week the temps are supposed to go up into the upper 30’s. The gas bill will be happy.
5a. Like your idea of making something new each week. I think I’ll try doing that too starting this Monday.
Have a really great weekend!
January 5th, 2018 at 9:40 pm · Link
Viki, that book made me so mad, LOL! The insurance thing was pretty crazy. We have some of it sorted and will get the the rest fixed next week.
1) You and Silver were both really sick! A lot of people here in CA are sick too. Glad you’re better.
2) OMG, your girlfriend’s husband cut his finger off??? I’m so sorry. I honestly can’t imagine that. And that’s on top of her having surgery. She needs a girl’s day out with you.
3) Harrison is doing amazing! He’s extremely healthy for being so early. I have to laugh at his parents. We’ll see how CPA Boy and Special K are when their baby comes I’ve rarely seen grandparents have much success in convincing new parents of anything.
4) 30 degrees still sounds cold to me, but it’s better than what you have been dealing with.
5) Let me know what you decide to make next week!
Hope you have a good time with your girlfriend, and again, I’m so sorry they are going through a rough time.
January 7th, 2018 at 6:15 am · Link
:blink blink: I can’t believe I totally missed Friday. Not just your post, but the entire day. And now it’s Sunday and I feel like I just crawled out from under a rock. Anyway….
Boo hiss about your insurance. Like it isn’t bad enough feeling gross, they have to add their stuff in on top of it? Bleh. Yay for reading and writing and puppies and grandbaby stuff!
1) See above.
2) I got my edits done on Friday and sent them off to my editor.
3) I haven’t shifted my brain into 2018 yet.
4) It’s been cold enough here to keep me from going outside. But today they’re predicting warmer weather. Too bad it’s going to rain.
5) Because we’re the best game in town for food and water, the birds and deer have really been hanging out around our house. Of course, with the cold, we have about a dozen frozen circles laying all over our yard from when we dump the water bowls.