Who invited Daylight Savings Time to the weekend? Most years, I’m ready for it due to my internal clock waking me up ridiculously early, but this year, I’m not! For those of you in the U.S. who don’t change the clocks twice a year (I’m looking you Arizona!), I’m thinking you might be onto something! Okay time to go onto our Friday Five.
1. Wizard is healing well, but it’s been both a long and short week. (I don’t have to make sense, right?)
2. I’ve made some progress on Savaged Devotion.
3. Maggie and I set off for our normal walk Wednesday morning and were passing a house, when a big dog charged us. It was scary. I was able to hold the dog off and get him to back down, but it sheer luck that the dog was more territorial than vicious or there would have been bloodshed. I carry a stick, which I used to help push the dog back, but not hurt him. When the dog realized I wouldn’t back down, he ran back to his opened gate, and we got by safely. I’ve never seen this dog out unsupervised before, so I tend to think it was an accident, especially since it was trash day. They probably pulled out trash cans and didn’t latch the gate properly. Later, once we were to safe and I could think, I have to admit, I was proud that I was able to stay calm enough to get control of the situation.
4. And then this happened, LOL! Yesterday afternoon, Maggie and I were enjoying an uneventful walk when I felt something hit my chest and go down my shirt. OMG What if it’s a bug? No a bee. Or a wasp??? I was dancing around, plucking my shirt and trying to suck in my stomach so it wouldn’t sting me or bite me or something worse. Before I passed out from hyperventilating and doing the OMG-GET-IT-OFF-ME dance, a thought occurred to me: Why had the thing felt cold and heavy, not bug-like at all. I looked on the ground and sure enough, there was my earring. It’d slid from my earlobe, down my shirt and plopped to the ground. I picked it up, and glared at Maggie. “Tell no one this happened and I’ll give you one of your treat bones tonight.” I think she rolled her eyes, but she didn’t rat me out. So let’s recap: I stayed relatively calm facing a big scary dog charging us, but something touches my chest, and goes down my shirt, and I turning into a raving lunatic. Sigh…
5. Oh so we like our furniture, but we’re debating if we’d like an oversized ottoman rather that the coffee table. This has turned into another time-suck search trying to find the piece that would work. This is why I don’t take on these projects, I need to write! This should be a good writing weekend.
That’s my random Friday Five, now it’s time to share yours. I hope everyone has a great weekend!