Who invited Daylight Savings Time to the weekend? Most years, I’m ready for it due to my internal clock waking me up ridiculously early, but this year, I’m not! For those of you in the U.S. who don’t change the clocks twice a year (I’m looking you Arizona!), I’m thinking you might be onto something! Okay time to go onto our Friday Five.
1. Wizard is healing well, but it’s been both a long and short week. (I don’t have to make sense, right?)
2. I’ve made some progress on Savaged Devotion.
3. Maggie and I set off for our normal walk Wednesday morning and were passing a house, when a big dog charged us. It was scary. I was able to hold the dog off and get him to back down, but it sheer luck that the dog was more territorial than vicious or there would have been bloodshed. I carry a stick, which I used to help push the dog back, but not hurt him. When the dog realized I wouldn’t back down, he ran back to his opened gate, and we got by safely. I’ve never seen this dog out unsupervised before, so I tend to think it was an accident, especially since it was trash day. They probably pulled out trash cans and didn’t latch the gate properly. Later, once we were to safe and I could think, I have to admit, I was proud that I was able to stay calm enough to get control of the situation.
4. And then this happened, LOL! Yesterday afternoon, Maggie and I were enjoying an uneventful walk when I felt something hit my chest and go down my shirt. OMG What if it’s a bug? No a bee. Or a wasp??? I was dancing around, plucking my shirt and trying to suck in my stomach so it wouldn’t sting me or bite me or something worse. Before I passed out from hyperventilating and doing the OMG-GET-IT-OFF-ME dance, a thought occurred to me: Why had the thing felt cold and heavy, not bug-like at all. I looked on the ground and sure enough, there was my earring. It’d slid from my earlobe, down my shirt and plopped to the ground. I picked it up, and glared at Maggie. “Tell no one this happened and I’ll give you one of your treat bones tonight.” I think she rolled her eyes, but she didn’t rat me out. So let’s recap: I stayed relatively calm facing a big scary dog charging us, but something touches my chest, and goes down my shirt, and I turning into a raving lunatic. Sigh…
5. Oh so we like our furniture, but we’re debating if we’d like an oversized ottoman rather that the coffee table. This has turned into another time-suck search trying to find the piece that would work. This is why I don’t take on these projects, I need to write! This should be a good writing weekend.
That’s my random Friday Five, now it’s time to share yours. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
March 9th, 2018 at 6:22 am · Link
I’ve been waking up around 4am lately, so I guess I’m prepped for the time change, but it still sucks. I totally get the long short week thing. Yay for progress! Whew, I’m glad the dog wasn’t actually intent on causing damage and was trying to drive you away. Fingers crossed for your good writing weekend!
1) After being outside working in the yard a couple days ago, I was changing my clothes when I felt something fall down the back of my shirt. I went to reach for it and felt a sharp pain in my thumb. And I was like ‘OMG, wasp!’, so I went through all my really cool super ninja moves to get my shirt off without being stung repeatedly. It was a little piece of dead cedar with the needles still on it. I must’ve brushed up against it and got it in my hair. =o\
2) I have to go into the city today. Bleh.
3) I ordered a bunch of perennials this week. We’ll see what works and what dies. I tried to stick with varieties I already have, but you never know what’ll live around here.
4) I might try to go fishing tomorrow. It’s been a while and I need to go blow the air through my gaskets.
5) I found a really cool reddish rock yesterday. Hubs pointed out that it looks like a dried piece of ham. Now it’s not so cool. =o\
March 9th, 2018 at 8:32 am · Link
Why do we even still HAVE DST???!!!! *flail* There’s no reason for it any more. Grrrr. Oklahoma is considering following Arizona’s lead, as is Florida. If enough states say enough, maybe those doofusses in Congress will get their thumbs out of their…mouths and cancel it nationwide. Glad for all the other stuff and yeah…I’ve been dorky like that.
1) I walked out the other morning in my flipflops to feed the feral cat and the neighbor’s cat who hangs with the feral. Boov decided to freak out and attacked my foot. Shy got very still and stared at Boov all superior and WTF? Cats.
2) I’ve been on the gazelle. Not every day and for only about 15 minutes at a time, but I’m getting on it.
3) Since getting on the gazelle, I’ve gained 5 pounds. WTH?
4) I’m STILL not finished with this stupid book. But Only is working on the cover and it’s gonna rock.
5) The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I’m going to take an afternoon coffee break in the sunshine. S’all good, baby.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
March 9th, 2018 at 12:27 pm · Link
B.E., I’m crossing my fingers for a good writing weekend too. I’m heading out today for errands, bleh. Now onto your stuff:
1) So glad it wasn’t a wasp! That I’m not the only one, LOLOL!!
2) I feel you’re pain on having to go out.
3) Hope you’re perennials thrive! Plants can be so finicky. They kind of hate me
4) I’m guessing you mean the gaskets on your boat? Or your brain? Hmm…
5) Bad hubs ruined your special find
Hope you have a great weekend!
March 9th, 2018 at 12:34 pm · Link
Silver, I’m torn on DLS, I like it staying light longer in the evenings for summer. But I don’t adapt to change as easily as I once did. Okay so your five:
1) Cats! I like cats, but they can be weird and unpredictable creatures. Boov clearly has a vendetta against flip flops. Hope you weren’t scratched up.
2) AWESOME for getting on the gazelle. Starting small as you are is perfect.
3) Ignore the five pounds for now. That often happens when we start working out. Muscles wake up, demand food to gain strength and the body whacks out a bit. But yeah, it’s just wrong, isn’t is???
4) Yay for cover that rocks! And you’ll get the book done.
5) Enjoy the sunshine, bird and your coffee break!
Hope you have a great weekend!
March 9th, 2018 at 3:35 pm · Link
1. Happy Wizard is healing well. You have had a busy week.
2. Love that you’re making progress on Savaged Devotion.
3. I would have been scared out of my mind. You handled the dog very well.
4. I can just see Maggie giving you that “look” ;).
5. Good luck with the furniture ;). We can never agree on anything so we haven’t replaced any tables in 27 years. They are horrid but there they are ;).
1a. I hate daylight saving time. It had a purposed 80 years ago but not anymore.
2a. Cassie’s birthday was Wednesday so we’re going out to a Mexican place near their house on Sat. Harrison has been fantastic when out but she still doesn’t want to push it too much.
3a. We just had another 10 inches of snow fall.
4a. McAfee still hasn’t fixed my security. They keep trying but are never successful :(. Spent 7 hours on the phone with them yesterday. If I count it up, it has to be well over 24 hours on the phone so far with them.
5a. My replacement part for the Dyson still hasn’t come. So I called. She tried telling me it takes 15 days. I told her that they are 1 state away and that’s crap. Ten minutes ago an email came in saying the part just shipped. I should have bit**ed sooner ;).
How are the pain and swelling? Is it any better than the first go around?
Have a wonderful weekend.
March 9th, 2018 at 6:38 pm · Link
The gaskets on my brain. ;o)
March 9th, 2018 at 9:42 pm · Link
Viki, it has been a busy week, and next week if three days of appointments, but better to be busy rather than bored, right? My swelling went down, and the pain isn’t bad. It could improve more over the next week or two (I’ve pushed pretty hard with Wizard’s surgery) How is your arm, shoulder and neck? Okay now onto your five:
1) DSL seems to be losing popularity.
2) Happy Belated Birthday to Cassie! It’s probably best for her to keep have success with Harrison going out before she deals with an inevitable meltdown. It happens to all of us eventually But I have to say, Harrison sounds like a pretty amazing little guy!
3) You guys are having a big winter! 10 more inches of snow fall is significant! And I was in a short sleeved T-shirt all day here in So Ca.
4) WTF is going on with McAfee and Microsoft??? Totally unacceptable! I’m so sorry. I’ve been down that road, and it’s endlessly frustrating. I really wish I had a way to help.
5) You just aren’t having any luck. Even with all the bad weather, you should have had the replacement parts on your Dyson. I’m guessing my tables being shipped from New Jersey may be delayed, but that makes sense–we’re talking cross country. One state over is no excuse!
I hope you have a great dinner at the Mexican restaurant for Cassie’s B-Day and a really good weekend!