TGIF!! I hope everyone had a great week! It’s time to share five random things about our week. Here are mine:
1) So far, Wizard is recovering well from his surgery. It turned out to be a lot longer and more involved than originally expected, but that’s how these things can go. Fingers crossed that this time it works. Medicine is sometimes as much art and luck as it is science and skill.
2) Maggie is home! I missed her so much when she was at boarding, but it was nice not having to worry about her being alone. They are so sweet to her there.
3) Chocolate chunk cookies happened yesterday. **Hangs head in shame** I have no excuse except that baking is stress relief for me, even when I’m not feeling my best. I did freeze some of the cookies so I guess I could claim I was preparing for the future???
4) I just spent forty minutes on the phone with CPA Boy discussing diapers, sleep schedules and spitting up, and how Baby Slayer had the hiccups, then spit up and arced the flow so that it went over the collar of CPA Boy’s shirt and down his stomach. Um what happened to his college days when I heard stories of parties and crazy antics?
5) Oh and last night I made spaghetti with the big plan to freeze half the spaghetti sauce to use later. Last time I made spaghetti, I had this same plan and forgot when I was cleaning up. This time, Wizard reminded me, and I had the container set out next to the pan of cooling sauce…then while talking to CPA Boy on the phone (see #4) I was cleaning the kitchen and threw out the sauce. Sigh…Wizard is STILL laughing as I’m writing this blog.
That’s my week, now it’s your turn to share 5 things about your week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
April 27th, 2018 at 7:05 am · Link
Yay for Wizard and for Maggie! Cookies are absolutely necessary. Way to plan ahead for your future cookie needs! LOL, CPA boy’s priorities have changed. Now he’s partying a whole new way. Yeah, things get forgotten when we’re on the phone. It happens. You’ll freeze some next time.
1) I made cake cookie bars this week. Yellow cake mix with dark chocolate chunks and coconut. So good warmed and covered in ice cream. I regret nothing.
2) The spring bird migration is in full swing. So many pretty little warblers stopping by. I love Spring.
3) The deer are starting to show how pregnant they are. And the bucks are getting their antlers.
4) I got back to work on the read-through for Sleeping Ugly. Problem is, I keep getting so engrossed in the story, I’m forgetting to make edit notes. It’s a good problem to have, but it’s still a problem.
5) Today is bug-spraying day. Or Tick-mageddon, as I like to call it. Whole sale annihilation of the dirty little buggers. We get something called Lone Star ticks here. (Not because they’re from Texas, but because they have a white spot on their backs that looks like a single star.) They’re not as bad as deer ticks or dog ticks, but they’re still nasty.
April 27th, 2018 at 8:52 am · Link
Good thoughts to Wiz’s healing! Eye stuff IS tricky! Yay for Maggie being home and all those college antics should prepare men for fatherhood. It doesn’t. After 30+ years, I still can’t get Lawyer Guy to eat leftovers. I cook small now and if there’s any left over, I freeze for my lunches. Now, my five…
1) I keep waiting for my “uh oh” crow to come back so I can get video/audible. So far no luck.
2) I didn’t finish listening to several books this week. They weren’t bad books/narration, I just couldn’t get into them. It happens. I have a bunch on my Kindle I should read because they aren’t available in audio. Maybe this weekend.
3) I picked up Stormy at day care yesterday because his mom was stuck late at the office and his dad was scouting teams for the state regional BB tournament. I swear that little dickens has grown six inches since his birthday. The top of his head come up to my diaphragm.
4) Speaking of Stormy, as we were driving home, I asked him if he’d had a good day at school. His reply, in the exasperated voice only a four year old can use: “It’s not school, Jammie. It’s day care. I’m only four. I don’t get to go to school until NEXT year.” I did not laugh. That said, my lips and tongue are still a bit bruised and bloody.
5) After setting things up all week, I’m visiting mayhem on my characters today. I can’t wait. I’m off to write!
Have a great weekend, everyone!!!
April 27th, 2018 at 1:10 pm · Link
B.E, I think CPA Boy’s idea of a good time right now is sleep, LOL!! Okay onto your five:
1) Your cookies sound yummy and most everything is better covered in ice cream!
2) I love waking to the birds chattering in the mornings. But you’re much more skilled at identifying the type of bird than I am!
3) Fawns will be arriving soon
4) You’re right, that’s a good problem to have! The story must be great! But it makes editing a challenge.
5) Ugh on ticks! Hope the little buggers stay away from you and Kira.
Have a great weekend!
April 27th, 2018 at 1:18 pm · Link
Silver, Wizard used to refuse leftovers too unless I did something like made enchiladas with leftover roast (one of his faves). But in the last few years, he’s come around. Now for your five:
1) Your uh-oh crow is camera shy.
2) I’ve had that happen with my audio books too. Not every good book is for every reader. Hope you get into a book this weekend.
3) Yay for grandma to the rescue! He must be growing super fast right now. I remember how fast mine would suddenly sprout up.
4) Stormy is a crackup!!! He’s a smart guy too! I’d have had a hard time not laughing
5) Love those fun to write scenes!
Hope you can get a lot of writing, along with some rest and fun, packed into your weekend!
April 27th, 2018 at 3:12 pm · Link
1. Very happy to hear that Wizard is well. My fingers are crossed too that all is good.
2. Can’t blame you for missing Maggie but having her in daycare was the best thing for her while you were away.
3. Cookies :)!
4. Love the kids becoming parents. They’re so funny ;). Especially when they (mine) don’t take our advice because the Dr. didn’t say so. Next thing you know they ask the Dr. and are told to do what we said :).
5. LOL on the sauce. I’m the other way around. I freeze sauce and then forget it.
1a. Can’t wait to see Avengers. Will most likely be going alone. Hubs won’t go :(.
2a. We’re supposed to get snow Sunday morning and be 84 on Tuesday. This weather is really off.
3a. Middle son is stopping over tomorrow afternoon prior to his friends 30th birthday party. I will try to get info out of him on the new apartment but so far he won’t tell anything.
4a. Can’t believe Middle on and Abs will be married the end of May. SO happy for them.
5a. Ever pull a muscle in your hip? I pulled what I think is the tensor fasciae latae muscle. I did it walking down stairs this morning :(.
I hope you have a great weekend and get to see Baby Slayer.
April 27th, 2018 at 4:57 pm · Link
Viki, CPA Boy and Special K are learning pretty quickly, but I definitely ran into mom-advice conflicting with dr-advice. I stayed quiet then recalling my own learning curve when my mom and Wizard’s mom gave us tips Now for your Five:
1) I’m sorry hubs won’t go to Avengers with you.
2) Snow now???? That’s crazy!
3) LOL that Middle won’t tell you about his apartment! My middle was like that about the house they bought, they wanted us to see it in person. Hope you can get some real info out of Middle tomorrow.
4) The wedding is almost here!! How exciting!
5) I don’t think I’ve pulled that muscles, but I have hip pain from the RA sometimes, and it sucks. Hope you can calm the muscle down so you can sleep since hip pain has a way of screaming when you try to turn or move after you’ve been asleep for awhile.
Have a great weekend! (Baby Slayer probably isn’t on the agenda since Wizard’s recovering. It’ll be my first week not seeing him!)