Friday, June 22nd, 2018
TGIF!! Here’s five random things about my week:
- Some writing is happening! Not enough, but I’m definitely doing better.
- Oh, my follow up doctor appointment. So the facet injections helped, I’d say a good 50%. But I’m having burning in the shoulder and arm, and slight loss of sensation in fingers, and some other things so we’re going to do another MRI. Then we’ll decide if I should consult a neurosurgeon. I don’t want surgery, but I also don’t want to permanently damage the nerves to my very dominate right shoulder, arm and/or hand.
- I bought a small tool kit for making jewelry, and I’m watching videos on how to do it. I kept telling myself I’d try this hobby after I finished the book. But I got really tired of punishing myself for being late on the book. Plus, I desperately need another hobby besides “How to Bake Your Way to Middle Aged and Fat.” Just saying…
- Yesterday I took Maggie in for a bath/grooming (I’ve bathed her at home, but I don’t cut her nails) and I bought her a brand new neon green collar. Maggie loves it, but Wizard is totally traumatized by her new collar, that’s OMG A DIFFERENT COLOR!! IT’S LIKE NEW AND NOT THE SAME AS HE’S USED TO! You all might have noticed that Wizard does not adapt well to change
- While waiting for Maggie to get bath and nails done, I headed over to Walmart and look what I found! We hope to pop out to give this to Baby Slayer, but our main goal this weekend is to visit Middle Son and his Fiance since we haven’t seen them lately, and we miss them. It’s hard to be everywhere!
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear five random things about your week. Have a great weekend!
June 22nd, 2018 at 11:11 am · Link
Seriously, Wiz? Gotta learn to go with the flow, dude. I think Mags looks stunning. That onsie is too freakin’ cute (and true!). Yay on words and maybe a new hobby, bah on med news. Okay. My five.
1) Same song, different verse except this time I think I have the ending figured out. I managed to get 1 1/2 scenes written yesterday before life imploded and if I can get on track today, I should be able to finish out the final two scenes, if I can locate the name of the diner I used in a previous book.
2) No T-ball this weekend. Games are on weeknights now. That means shifting eat-out nights from weekends to one during the week now. Breaks my heart. Not!
3) Today is Take Your Dog to Work Day. Cooper just threw up in my office. Does that count? (I think he’s okay. He just ate something that didn’t agree with him.)
4) LG has a calcified cyst in his wrist that will likely need surgery. He has been the Official Grouch Bear this week. Not that I can blame him.
5) I’m almost finished with my re-listen of the Psy-Changling series. I’ll finish ALLEGIANCE OF HONOR today and start on SILVER SILENCE (one of my all-time favorites). Then I get to listen to OCEAN LIGHT, the newest release.
That’s it for me. Have an awesome weekend!
June 22nd, 2018 at 11:53 am · Link
Silver, Wiz will never change, LOL! Thanks on medical front, but things are heading the right direction so I’m dealing pretty well. Now for you:
1) You can get if finished!! But LOL on locating the name of the diner. Yep, I’ve been there!
2) Night games and dinners will free up your weekends a bit. And you still get to see Stormy play T-Ball (it’s so freaking cute at that age).
3) Oh Cooper, what did you eat??? Hope he feels better and sympathies on cleaning up dog vomit.
4) I’d be cranky too if I had a cyst on my hand that needed surgery. That’s one of those things that sounds like it should be easy, but Wizard and Middle Son both had ganglion cysts removed and it wasn’t fun. They did heal really well though. Hope this one is easy and relieves LG’s pain. Just one more thing for you to deal with in your leisurely life, sigh.
5) Happy listening!! Always good when we can’t get enough of a series!
Hope you get to The End and enjoy your weekend!
June 22nd, 2018 at 2:35 pm · Link
1. Any writing is good so good job!
2. So sorry that you’re having more issues with your arm/shoulder/hand. I hope the MRI has answers.
3. Have fun with the jewelry making. My gram was a crafter and made all kinds of stuff. My best friend is into making jewelry and she sells them for cancer groups.
4. I love Maggie’s new collar. Wizard is too funny! I’m one that doesn’t so change well so I guess I can relate to him ;).
5. I love that onesie! Can’t wait to hear how Baby Slayers parents react. I bet they’ll love too :).
1. Hubs and I went to the Zoo yesterday. It was great. A new habitat was opened for the Asian animals including the snow leopard. One of the girls just had twins. They are the first for us and they are cute!
2. Harrison went swimming yesterday. His parents had him in a life jacket. Is it just me or are they crazy ;)?
3. My moms friend from HS that retired from USMC as a Colonel just sent me a sweatshirt. He gave me my first USMC shirt when I was 12. Never had another real one until today :).
4. I’m calling lazy and making buffalo chicken wraps tonight. I like them and they’re easy.
5. I’m really getting fed up with social media and may leave soon.
I hope you get to see middle son and fiance’. Have a great weekend!
June 22nd, 2018 at 6:09 pm · Link
Viki, I love that your friend makes and sells her jewelry to raise money for cancer research! If she has a website or social media address, can I get it? I’d love to see, and maybe I can help promote it if she wants that kind of attention. For me, this is for fun. I have soooo much to learn!
I’m doing better so no worries. The MRI is to see if I should continue with injections and see a surgeon to prevent permanent damage. I hate spending the money but it makes sense. But every step has been helpful so I’m grateful for that. Now onto you
1) Twin snow leopards!!! I wouldn’t survive the cuteness!
2) I’m pretty relaxed about a lot of things with babies and kids. But as a pool owner, I’m downright paranoid because drowning is so quick and silent–and that’s despite being a strong swimmer with very little fear. So I’m no help here, LOL! Although I only put my kids in life jackets in boats. Otherwise I used water wings or floaties until I could teach them to swim to my satisfaction.
3) I bet the USMC sweatshirt looks awesome on you! I can see it really has a lot of meaning-those gifts are so special.
4) I love wraps! That’s a good dinner in my book.
5) I hear you on social media. I was annoyed with something this week too. I’m sorry though, I would hate for social media to lose you. That said, i’ll support your choice, always!
I hope you have a great weekend!