Happy Friday, at least I think its Friday. Having a holiday midweek has thrown me way off! So here’s 5 random things from my week:
- The heat wave is back—ugh. My phone says it’s supposed to be 113 today.
- Because of the heat, I’m taking Maggie for her walk at 6:30ish in the morning and skipping the afternoon walk.
- We had Biker Witch and her hubby out for 4th of July and really had a great time. Sometimes it’s nice to keep it small and simple. The apple pie was good too That was the good part, the bad part was all the illegal fireworks. It was frustrating because we took Maggie with us to see the city fireworks, and through those she laid at my feet. She was scared and shook a bit, but overall she handled it. We thought she’ll go home, relax and realize, Oh hey, that wasn’t so bad. But instead we pulled into what sounded like a war zone in out housing track. Okay I don’t actually know what a warzone sounds like but this was bad (like sonic booms). Still we got off easy compared to some pet owners. Maggie feels safe enough in her kennel, that that’s where she wants to be with no whining, crying or barking. A lot of animals react in mindless terror and can’t feel safe until it stops. Some end up injured or worse.
- My MRI was cancelled due to some insurance authorization snafu. I just shrugged, I’ll get it sorted out next week.
- We plan to go see Baby Slayer this weekend. And I’m trying to work despite my pain level going up again. It is what it is.
That’s my Friday Five, now its your turn to share yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!