Friday, August 3rd, 2018
Wait, what? It’s Friday? This was another one of those wicked fast weeks! Okay let’s see if I can think of five things about my week:
- Wizard likes Dress #2 over Dress #1 for Middle Son’s wedding. I like Dress #2, but it’s slightly scratchy under my arms so I have to be sure it won’t become painful. Good thing I still have 2 months I wonder if there will be a Dress #3??? I normally just find a dress and I’m done. This is new for me.
- I’m able to write some now, which is great, but I’m so stumped on making this timeline work. I’m going to shift scenes around and see if that works.
- Yesterday was my birthday, and we went to dinner. I was looking forward to chocolate cake all day long. Dinner was not that great, and then after we ordered dessert, the server came back and told us they were all out of chocolate cake, and had been all day long. Some years are like that.
- We visited Baby Slayer on Wednesday and had so much fun. He’s soooo active. I’m laughing my butt off. He just wants to go, go, go! Good luck to his parents trying to keep up
- Tomorrow I’m going to a bridal shower for my niece. I’m going early to help set up, so it’ll be a long day, but a lot of fun!
So that’s my five, now it’s time to share yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
August 3rd, 2018 at 5:33 am · Link
Good luck with your dresses! Yay for writing! and you can do it! I know I already said it on FB, but Happy Birthday! Yay for Baby Slayer! And have fun at the shower!
1) I woke up thinking today was Saturday and I keep having to remind myself it is NOT Saturday.
2) I did a cover and blurb reveal on my Outside the Box blog today. Less than a month to release day!
3) We have a roadrunner in our neighborhood. I’ve named him Randy. And every time I see him I say “Hey, Randy! How’s it hanging?” Not sure why.
4) I had my yearly checkup Tuesday. I’m awesome. But the appointment was an exercise in frustration. Reminded me why I hate doctors. Oh well, don’t have to see her for another year. Yay!
5) It’s fun watching the fawns explore their environment, but I’m afraid BunBun (our local wild cottontail) doesn’t appreciate it very much. The fawns are always trying to sniff him. He hops away and they follow. It must be quite frustrating for him. LOL
August 3rd, 2018 at 8:12 am · Link
Everything that B.E. said. Being the puzzler I am, sometimes I get scenes out of order too. Thank goodness for Scrivener so I can move them around on the corkboard (provided I wrote a good scene summary on the note card – ) and get them right. Okay, my five:
1) Only sent me the cover for UNDER THE ASSASSIN’S MOON which should come out on the 21st, provided I get the darn thing finished. The cover is PERFECT!
2) We had rain and unseasonably cool weather early in the week. That was awesome but wish I could send some your way. That freaking heat dome!
3) I am down to 300 emails in my inbox. That’s like a new low for me. Yeah, yeah. Most could probably be deleted but I want to actually look at them and that takes time. Some day, I’ll be down to manageable. Like…100.
4) I broke down and bought Chocopolitan ice cream. *glowers at B.E. for ever mentioning it* Dark, milk, and white chocolaty goodness all in the same tub. It rocks.
5) I have about 5K words (plus or minus) today. I need to get off the net and get on that.
Have a great weekend! And Jen? Keep on celebrating your birthday. The party isn’t over until the cool chick gets her chocolate cake!
August 3rd, 2018 at 10:36 am · Link
B.E., thanks for the birthday wishes
1) I keep having those days too. Why is it so hard to keep the days straight anymore?
2) I went and checked the cover out. Love it!
3) Randy Roadrunner has a new place to hang out Does he ever answer you?
4) Why the frustration? I hope all is ok. I mean we all know you’re awesome, but still concerned.
5) Poor BunBun You really don’t need TV with all the entertainment you have in your backyard!
Hope you have a great weekend!
August 3rd, 2018 at 10:46 am · Link
Silver, I have Scrivener and haven’t used it. I don’t want to try to learn it while I’m in the middle of a book and trying to finish the trilogy. I need to take a class on it.
1) Fantastic on your cover! Only is rockin’ it on the covers!
2) I’m jealous, but very happy you got to enjoy some cooler weather.
3) LOL on emails, yeah, it happens. Then I end up just blowing through them to clear my box. You’re probably better than I am at reading stuff. I’ll get back to it when my neck is better and I can spend more time on the computer…that’s what I tell myself.
4) What??? This the first I’ve heard of this Chocopolitan ice cream! And what will I be thinking about all day???
5) Hope the words flow today!
Have a great weekend! I think my cake window closed and I probably need to stop sulking.
August 3rd, 2018 at 1:16 pm · Link
Oh, no worries. The regular nurse was on vacation, so I got a temp nurse who didn’t seem to know how to do anything. And then the doc, who’s usually cool, was more about pushing her agenda than actually listening to me. And there was road construction both ways. It was just a frustrating day.
I’m healthy as a horse. Just less Clydesdale and more Quarter Horse than I used to be. ;o)
August 3rd, 2018 at 2:52 pm · Link
1. Well I hope you can work dress #2 since Wizard likes it the most ;). But if it’s scratchy you may have to pick a different one. Has dress #3 arrived yet?
2. have my fingers crossed that switching the scenes around solves the issue.
3. So sorry about your birthday dinner. I hear you that some days just don’t go well but if it’s a place you’ve enjoyed before it makes it even sadder. That’s just a crime not to have chocolate cake. Did you and Wizard get some kind of treat?
4. Yea Baby Slayer :)! He is so cute. It’s so fun watching them change :).
5. Have a wonderful time at the shower.
1a. It appears the generator is now fixed. Hubs is thinking about replacing it since it’s 16+ yrs old and costs about $250/300 each year when it stops working.
2a. Middle son has quit his job and is going to another one. He has anxiety issues and this job was making him ill.
3a. Having coffee with my girlfriend tomorrow. So looking forward to it :).
4a. Spunk’s 5th birthday is Wednesday. I bought him a new mouse and it looks like a mouse. Should be good. Also bought him a new pan of wheat grass.
5a. Harrison is trying to brush his teeth. It’s so cute. He kind of pulls the toothbrush over his front teeth and ignores the rest ;).
Have a wonderful weekend!
August 3rd, 2018 at 7:12 pm · Link
B.E., okay as long as your as healthy as can be. I can so understand that frustration. Hope the weekend makes up for it!
August 3rd, 2018 at 7:19 pm · Link
Viki, I haven’t found a dress #3 yet Too much life stuff going on. And nope, no dessert at all. At that point in the evening, Wizard and I just cut our losses. It’s all fine. Let’s talk about you!
1) Replacing the generator sounds like it’s worth looking into.
2) I’m really sorry Middle Son is dealing with anxiety issues. I hope he finds the right job! No job is worth being sick over.
3) Coffee with girlfriends is such a stress buster! Hope you have a great time!
4) Wow, Spunk is 5??? Where does time go? Hope he loves his mouse and his wheat grass! Happy Birthday Spunk!
5) Awww!! Harrison has to look adorable trying to brush his teeth!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!