Friday, August 24th, 2018
Friday??? Are you sure? Okay, I’ll believe you, but I sear it was Monday, like, five minutes ago. Anyhow, it’s time for Friday Five! Here’s mine!
- My dream is to be finished with this book. But every time I get far enough back into the book to get traction, the neck pain comes back, or life drops a load of manure (that’s a much nice way of saying what I was REALLY thinking) on us.
- Speaking of pain, I have my second opinion schedule for next Wednesday. Well I had it all set up for Monday, and Wizard moved his Physical Therapy around so he could be there, and THEN the doctor’s office called and changed the appointment of my second opinion. Poor Wizard is not happy. He wants to be there, even though I’m fine either way. I can handle this second opinion fine on my own.
- We saw Baby Slayer on Wednesday. He was asleep when we first got there, then woke up and played with us for two hours. He was smiled and laughed with us both, but when we left, he reached for me…I swear my heart quadrupled in my chest. It was soooo hard to get in the car!
- Sunday is the Bridal Shower Brunch for my almost daughter-in-law! We’ve been working on this shower for weeks and I can’t wait. We love Middle Son’s finance, and are very much looking forward to the wedding in October.
- And for the shower, I have only one more easy thing to do that I decided to do at the last-minute–because it’s easy. Are you laughing yet? No really, it should be easy. See it all started when I was trying to think of something cute to go around on the topper I’m using for the top-tier of the cupcake stand. And I thought…oh seashells would be cute. But then I thought, oh wait, what if people think they’re edible? I mean they are on a cupcake display (okay cut me some slack, I raised three boys, and boys do some really questionable things!). So then I decided to look for pretty chocolate seashells. I found beautiful ones for over $50.00. I thought I can make those! So I found a video on making chocolate swirled shells (picture white chocolate with blue swirls)…and then I bought all the stuff, only they didn’t have the right kind of molds, so I had to buy fondant molds…anyway, I spent a little less than $50.00 and I don’t even know if I can pull this off. LOLOL!! We’ll see! If they don’t turn out, I suspect the shower will turn out find without chocolate seashells.
Now it’s your turn to share five things about your week! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
August 24th, 2018 at 6:47 am · Link
:hugs: for 1 & 2. Yay for Baby Slayer time! I hope your shower is loads of fun – with or without the seashell chocolates.
1) I’m deep in formatting for print and getting paperbacks available for purchase. Not sure how much good it’ll do me, but I do like having paperbacks available if anyone ever wants one.
2) I have my mother’s directions for boiling an egg on a sticky note next to me. Yes, I needed them. I don’t eat boiled eggs, so I never seem to do them right when I do them for Hubs. Mom says these directions are foolproof. We’ll see.
3) I can’t believe it’s almost the end of August already. Where did the rest of the year go?
4) I have had such a craving for KFC lately. But fried chicken is not on the menu anymore. I try to be in and out of town before the KFC even opens, so I won’t be tempted to stop and pick up a bucket of awesomeness.
5) Also, the Pizza Hut commercials are killing me. And there’s one right next to the KFC. Dirty buggers. Lucky for me, they open even later than KFC, so I can’t even kinda be tempted to stop.
August 24th, 2018 at 9:32 am · Link
Ahahaha. Best laid plans. White chocolate is yummy no matter how it looks! Baby Slayer is a luv! We’re both gonna finish these darn books and then we’ll celebrate long distance with wine! And fingers crossed on the 2nd opinion. B.E. these directions are fool-proof: Place your eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, remove from the heat and set aside 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, cool in cold water and peel. This from the person who’s been known to boil the pan dry and burned hard-boiled eggs are UGLY! Okay, my five:
1) This revision is gonna kill me. But I’ll get it finished before I expire.
2) My critters never do cute stuff but when they do, I never have my phone handy to catch their cuteness on video so I could post it on social media and go viral.
3) After a year, the street light on the corner across from our house is finally fixed. It was ugly dark out there without it. I did a happy dance. It’s the little things.
4) I keep seeing cute projects using wood pallets. Every time I drive past a pallet on a curb/trash pile, I want to stop and get it. If I did, I would have a stack of pallets. For like the next ten years until Lawyer Guy hauled them to the dumpster at his office. Still…really CUTE projects…
5) The final book of Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels series comes out next week. I just did a full re-listen of the series before reading the 1st book in a spin-off trilogy. Still, I’m jonesing, so I started listening five books back as a refresher. I don’t want the series to end, but I understand how important endings can be. Can’t wait for MAGIC TRIUMPHS even while I’m dreading it.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I’ll be up to my elbows in revisions. Still.
August 24th, 2018 at 3:16 pm · Link
1. I think you need to just forget the book until you’re neck is fixed. All will come together when you’re feeling better.
2. That’s a real stinker about the appointment being changed. Wizard is such a good guy and a great support.
3. Baby Slayer is a sweetie pie :).
4. Have a great time at the shower.
5. You did a great job on the seashells. You’re going to have to use a cooler with block ice. Maybe put the shells in a single layer in a shirt box and then set the box on top of the ice block?
1a. It’s been beautiful here the past two days. Humidity dropped. It’s still in the 80’s. Tomorrow the humidity and 90’s return :(.
2a. Hubs and his old assistant are trying to fix youngest up with assistants younger sister. I told him it’s a bad idea. We’ll see…………………
3a. Harrison and his parents went to Indianapolis for Horror Hound Weekend. Kid will be selling his art work. Harrison will be playing with his moms shoes. She packed him a huge bag of toys and all he wants are her shoes ;).
3a. The guys are after me again to go adopt a puppy. Youngest sent me a text this morning that we have to go adopt a puppy to save it from being named after a department store. The shelter has 6 puppies from the same littler that they’ve named after Kohl’s, SEARS, and the like.
4a. The ducks across the street have finally come home from their vacation lake property and gave us a dozen eggs. Yes, that is dinner :).
5a. Just decided it wine time :).
Have a wonderful weekend and have fun at the shower!
August 24th, 2018 at 4:00 pm · Link
B.E., thanks I’m really looking forward to shower (and don’t want to think about my neck). Now for your 5:
1) You’re smart to format and set up the paperback because you just never know. It’s a lot of work though!
2) Well now you’re all prepared to boil an egg!
3) No idea where the whole year went!
4) Don’t you hate those temptations?
5) Commercials are another source of temptations. Read during commercials and you’ll be safe
Hope you have a great weekend!
August 24th, 2018 at 4:07 pm · Link
Silver, thanks on all! I know you’ll get your book done Now for your 5:
1) You will prevail and the book will rock!
2) Isn’t that the truth on the critters?
3) I feel your joy at the streetlight! (Really, we’ve been there here in my neighborhood too)
4) LOLOL!! You know you really want to collect wood pallets for the magical moment when alllllll your books are done and you have time to do a cute project!
5) You clearly need that book!!
Hope you get a lot done on your revision and somehow manage to work in a little relaxation and fun this weekend!
August 24th, 2018 at 4:16 pm · Link
Viki, I can’t seem to stop trying on the book And thank you on everything else! Now for you 5:
1) Enjoy the beautiful day before the heat and humidity returns tomorrow.
2) LOL Hubs is a matchmaker! And I hear you on the bad idea file. I tend to veer away from fixing people up because I know it’d go spectacularly bad, and somehow I’d be caught in the middle. Hubs and his former assistant might know something we don’t though!
3) That’s so cute that Harrison wants to play with her shoes!!! That really makes me smile. Hope your son has a wildly successful weekend!
3a) That is the BEST reason ever!! You really do have to adopt the puppy! Do it!! LOLOL!!!
4) Soo….okay I never thought about eating wild duck eggs. Now I am thinking about it. And I’m also wondering if ducks can buy vacation lake property or do they merely squat on a human’s vacation lake property?
5) It’s not wine time here yet, but hope you’re enjoying yours!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!