Friday, September 7th, 2018
TGIF!! So…let’s hop right to sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I’m on dress #3 for the wedding. It arrived Wednesday and I think I’ll keep it. For CPA Boy’s wedding, I literally stumbled on the dress. This one has been more challenging because that’s how life works But I love the color of this dress and it’s comfortable, so I’ll just go with it. Maybe…
- Maggie has a small scratch on her inside thigh and I have no idea how she got it. I routinely check it twice a day to make sure it doesn’t morph into an infection. It’s really a small scratch, but it’s in an odd place that could trap dirt and germs, so I’m being vigilant.
- A half hour ago I was writing an email to a friend, and for the life of me, I couldn’t think of the word vigilant. But while typing this blog, the word just popped up. But there’s a reason I’m a little off…see #4.
- Do you all remember the family member in the hospital a couple of weeks ago. He went back in this week, then yesterday, he had a procedure to determine what was going on. I was at the hospital and we were expecting one answer that would require a second, moderate procedure. But PLOT TWIST! Now he’s likely facing pretty major surgery. But, assuming all goes well (and it will!), once he recovers, it should make him feel much better and we’ll all be able to breathe a huge sigh of relief. So the good news is that after a couple of weeks of being in and out of hospitals without a definitive answer, we now have a clear diagnosis and a plan of action.
- Book? What book? The day I’m able to finish this book will be a huge celebration! And that will happen. This next week I’ll do my follow up with the surgeon, make the decision and probably begin the process of getting approval for surgery.
Ok, so that’s my week. Now it’s turn for you to share five thing about YOUR week. Come on, I love reading about your week!!
I hope everyone has a great weekend filled with laughter!
September 7th, 2018 at 5:43 am · Link
1) Stupid holiday made this a weird week. For some reason, Wednesday and Thursday felt like Fridays. And I was pretty sure today was Saturday until I saw my blogroll and this post.
2) Kira has a UTI again, so I had to take her to the vet yesterday, except my vet was on vacation. I started calling around and googling for local vets. Found one only 10 minutes from here. She’s been there for 22 years. How I missed her is beyond me. But she’s pretty awesome, so I guess we have a new vet now.
3) Kira will be fine. I caught it early and now she’s on a fast-acting, long-lasting antibiotic shot.
4) Made a huge vat of spaghetti sauce yesterday. Then while we were eating I asked Hubs how he likes this new, healthier sauce as opposed to the old recipe. Umm. He likes it okay, but the old recipe had more meat and fewer veggies. The man requires meat. I promised to compromise on the next vat. Still lots of veggies, but I’ll increase the meat next time.
5) I’m making progress on Ugly and the Beast. Rolled over 23K words last night. I have until 10/15 to get the first draft done, so as long as I don’t have anything major occur, it’s definitely doable.
September 7th, 2018 at 5:48 am · Link
Derp. Totally forgot to comment on your five. It’s early here and the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet…
Yay for new dresses! I wouldn’t worry too much about Maggie’s scratch, as long as it stays clean. If she starts licking at it a lot or it gets hot or it gets a bump under it which could be an abscess. (And abscesses aren’t that big a deal. They’re just gross.) Word-Finding Difficulty – it’s a thing. Positive thoughts winging their way to your relative. :hugs:
And the book will get done when it gets done. You’re not in a position right now to push for any deadlines. :hugs:
September 7th, 2018 at 11:04 am · Link
Jen, your 5: Ah, dresses for weddings. What will be will be. What BE said about Maggie. I HATE it when I can’t think of the word I’m thinking of. Good thoughts to the family AND you on upcoming medical things. I won’t talk about writing you you don’t…because…what will be will be.
B.E., your 5: Long weekends almost aren’t worth the hassle. ALMOST. Yay for new vet and Kira getting better. I’m with Hubs. MOAR MEAT! Go you on the words!
And now my five:
1) It’s rained. A lot. I walked out the other night (because Boone is such a wuss when it’s wet and I have to hold his paw) and found three tiny mushrooms growing out of a tree root.
2) I think I figured out the plot on my next Nightrider book. Too bad I haven’t worked on the next Red Dirt or the next Penumbra Papers, both of which are due ASAP.
3) We had a crazy high-speed chase here yesterday. Turned out the two dudes in the stolen car were wanted for murder out of Ohio. They crashed in the end. Passenger walked away, driver’s in critical condition. No law enforcement were injured.
4) I cleaned out our bedroom closet. Sort of. At least the floor. I bagged up numerous pairs of shoes and boots I no longer wear, got shelves and a boot rack for those I do wear. Now fraidy-cat Boone has room to sleep in there without messing up stuff. Next, the clothes and crap on the shelves. *sigh*
5) Did I mention the rain? I feel bad for California and wish I could send some of the rain that way.
September 7th, 2018 at 3:06 pm · Link
1. Had a feeling there would be a #3 in dress land :). What is the color?
2. Poor Maggie. You’re smart to keep an eye on the scratch. You can never tell.
3. It drives me nuts when I can’t think of a word and it’s sitting at the tip of my tongue.
4. I pray all goes well with the surgery and your family member heals swiftly.
5. The book will be there when you’re ready. Sounds like you’ve made your decision.
1a. I am already SO sick of political commercials.
2a. Cable lied to me once again and our bill went up even though on 8/28 they told me they extended my promotion until 8/2019. Bill came today $7 more. Not much but it really ticks me off. I called and was pretty much told – too bad. Hubs is so sick of them he wants to go another route. We’ll see.
3a. We’re supposed to get the remnants of Gordon Sunday and Monday. This morning they said 4 to 5 inches of rain by Monday noon. At noon today they had already changed it to 1 to 2 inches of rain by Monday noon. Tonight they’ll probably say – a sprinkle :(.
4a. Harrison made us the best Grandparents day card :). He finger painted. We have to expect cute stuff like this with a dad that’s an artist.
5a. I’m grumpy after fighting with cable/internet and will be having wine very shortly.
Have a great weekend :)!
September 7th, 2018 at 5:17 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all of my five Now for yours!
1) Holidays create confusion!
2) Sorry for Kira’s UTI but glad you found a good vet. At least something positive came out of it.
3) Glad she’ll be okay.
4) Meat eaters are touch to convert. Sounds like a good compromise.
5) You’re really cooking on Ugly and the Beast!
Have a great weekend!
September 7th, 2018 at 5:25 pm · Link
Silver, what will be would be better if I could write this #*#*# book. And thanks I just want everyone healthy! Now for you:
1) Yay for rain, but poor Boone. It’s so cute that you have to hold his paw. Maggiei hates the rain too, it’s the only time I have to worry about her having accidents because she won’t go out in it.
2) Great of figuring out the plot! If only we had more time to write!
3) What a wild chase. I’m very glad to hear no law enforcement or bystanders were hurt.
4) You’re making progress on the closet! I’m sure Boone is grateful.
5) Thanks for trying to send us rain It’s been a long hot summer, so it’d be nice to get some reasonable rain. Although not too much so we don’t have mudslides where fire has ravaged hills and forests.
Hope you have a great weekend!
September 7th, 2018 at 5:33 pm · Link
Viki, the latest dress is cobalt blue. I’ve kind of made my decision, but I’m not locked in yet if that makes sense. Now lets talk about you:
1) I’m with you on political commercials and phone calls.
2) I’d be pissed at the cable company too. I’ve had those fights, and actually said to them, “No one there cares do they?” And the clerk said, “I guess not.” Sigh.
3) LOL on weather predictions. I know it’s not cut and dried, but it sure can be frustrating. I bet you’re right on the sprinkle.
4) What an awesome Grandparents day card from Harrison! It’s wonderful that he has a talented dad!
5) You deserve wine after battling the cable company.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!