TGIF!!! Every week is the same thing–I wake up on Monday, blink, and suddenly it’s Friday! Now it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here are mine:
- It’s just over two weeks until Middle Son’s wedding! I’m really excited! So…you’re all gonna laugh. I returned dress number 3 and I’m going to wear a dress I already have. I think I’ve worn it once to a publisher cocktail party in a state I don’t even remember. I think it’ll be ok. I just can’t find something I want that fits and is in my budget.
- Speaking of budget. Since I’m not buying a dress, I booked a hair appointment to have my hair done in an updo. Then I told Wizard how much it costs.I think he took it well I may change my mind and cancel it, but I can’t hold my arms up long enough to put my own hair up.
- Tuesday, I went to lunch and shopping with Biker Witch (my sister). For lunch, we ordered two small plate appetizers to share, then split a piece of key lime cheesecake. So good! Then I found a pair of really cute shoes with a three-inch wedge heel. I very wisely put them back, after all I’m having neck surgery! So what did I do then? I came home and ordered them online. Forty minutes later, I knew that was stupid, so I called to cancel the order (with J.C. Penney) and was told it’s too late, they had already shipped. REALLY???? Color me doubtful. Anyway, I’ll likely be taking those back. Maybe
- We went to see Baby Slayer yesterday for a while. Special K tried to go in her office and work while we were there (she’s working on her master’s degree). But every time she hears us exclaim over something Baby Slayer does, she comes running out saying, “What did he do? What did I miss?” She’s such a great mom! She’s doing excellent in school too. And in case anyone wonders, my son, CPA Boy is the best dad ever. He adores both his wife and son, as he should.
- This last one some of you many want to skip. One or two people have asked me about this surgery on my neck, and I’ll give you some details here now that I’ve made my decision and am just waiting for a surgical date, most likely late October or November. The procedure is a two-level Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF). So they have to go in through the front of my neck, and will make the incision from one side of my neck to the center, Once in there, they will nudge my esophagus and some nerves aside (I gagged the first time I heard this) to make room. Once they get to my spine, they will removed two disks at C4/5 and C5/6, replace those with donor bone, and clean up all the fragments that have migrated out from the degeneration of the two discs. Then they’ll make sure everything lines up as best they can, and put in a plate and screws to hold it together (that’s the fusion), and they’ll close up. It’s going to be a long recovery. I’ll have to wear a collar for two, possibly three months, and it can take a year or more for the bones to fuse (grow) together. This surgery is pretty successful, although I’ll lose some movement in my neck. I can’t turn my neck all the way now, so I’ll probably adjust to that fine. Yes, there are risks, but at this point, I’m willing to try. But now you all know why I tried so hard to avoid this. However, I’m ready to get it done and be able to live and write again. If you want to know more, you can go to YouTube and find animation videos.
Okay that’s my 5 now it’s your turn to share yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend. I plan to try, again, to write because I never give up!