TGIF!!! I expected the week to be busy, but wow!! Nothing bad happened, though, so I’ll take it! Now it’s time to share 5 random things about our week, and I’ll go first:
1) First, Happy Birthday to the best sister in the world, Biker Witch! I’ve had to lean on her quite a bit in the last 18 months, and I believe she leans on me too. I not only have a great sister but a treasured friend.
2) Middle Son is getting married on Sunday! Wizard and I are thrilled that he has found the woman he wants to spend his life with, one who makes him laugh, and calls him on his B.S. Middle Son is highly intelligent, brimming with charm and brought so much laughter and joy to our family from the day he was born. And now he’s bringing his dad and I a daughter (in-law) to love, and his brothers a sister (in-law) to torment and protect. We are bouncing with happiness.
3) Wizard and I actually, really, truly went and looked at cell phones yesterday! After TWO FREAKING YEARS OF PROCRASTINATING. We are awesome procrastinators. I think we found what we want. My only reservation is my new phone will be much bigger than I’m used to, which is good for most things, but not for my walks. That’s a small thing I can adjust too. But since we’re so busy through the weekend, we decided to wait until Tues or Wed to buy it. Both Wizard and I will have a learning curve on our new phones, and this weekend isn’t the time to tackle that. Plus I wanted to research the phones because I’m compulsive like that. But all our family and friends will be astounded that we finally went to the store, got the info, and narrowed down our choices. Following through is something we’re actually good at
4) So this month, we have two major surgeries in the family. The first is my brother-in-law, who needs to have a pretty serious surgery. Keep him in your thoughts mid month. I’m not going to give other people’s information out, but while he’s facing a tough surgery and recovery, I truly believe the outcome will be very positive. And then my surgery has been schedule for Oct. 30th. It’s scary to do it, but I want to feel strong and ready to take on life again. Hopefully I’ll have my new phone and be able to keep everyone who is interested updated. My old phone is so antiquated I really can’t do much on it anymore.
5) And finally, I have to share a Baby Slayer pic with his big grin around his sippy cup (that he loves!). This kid is almost always a happy boy.
Okay now it’s your turn to share your Friday 5! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
October 5th, 2018 at 6:16 am · Link
OMG, Baby Slayer! So cute! Happy Birthday, Biker Witch! Congratulations, Middle Son! May you have a lifetime of happy days together. Yay for new cell phones! And positive thoughts winging their way to your BIL and to you. :hugs:
1) It’s too early for that many exclamation points, I know.
2) We actually slept past 5am this morning, so that’s a win. After days of 4am, we were both pretty pleased.
3) I made a decision and set Ugly and the Beast aside. I was driving myself nuts with it and not accomplishing anything. Instead, I started writing another suspense. SCIU #4. I’m only about 2200 words in, but I’m feeling good about it.
4) I have to get my quarterly shot on Monday. Woohoo. I hate going to the doctor, but I love my shot.
5) Ten days until my first edits come back for Unequal. Fingers crossed it’s not too ugly.
October 5th, 2018 at 10:19 am · Link
BABY SLAYER!!! TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!! Happy B-day Biker Witch (who is the BEST!) Congrats to MS and Chosen. All the happiness to them. You’ll enjoy the new phones. Good thoughts to your BiL and to you! FYI, 10/30 is Only’s B-day. It’s a good and lucky day!
1) I keep looking at houses on-line. I have no intention of moving, don’t have the money to renovate, but I still look.
2) I hate when I get in a reading/listening slump. There are books coming the end of the month/first of next month that I want but right now? Nothing jumps out at me. Good thing I’m like 30 books ahead on my Goodreads reading challenge.
3) I’m pretending to be a retired person this week instead of a writer.
4) It’s probably a good thing I haven’t won the lottery.
5) Fall teased us and then Summer blasted back in. Fall is supposed to come back tomorrow. I am soooo ready!
Enjoy all the festivities, Jen. Much love to you and your family on this special celebration. I haven’t checked the weather, but may the sun shine on Middle Son and his chosen now and always! And a great weekend to everyone!
October 5th, 2018 at 12:28 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all! We’ve been so looking forward to this wedding weekend, and I’m been super careful this week not to aggravate my neck stuff so we can celebrate. Now for your 5:
1) I have a problem with exclamation points too, LOL!
2) Yay a whole hour of extra sleep for you and hubs. I know how hard it is when our bodies do that early wake up call.
3) Your were smart to set it aside and work on something that ignites your passion.
4) I’m guessing the quarterly shot is for pain control, and if so, glad it works!!! I’ve had shots for other issues that were awesome.
5) I’ll cross my fingers for your edits to come back with more praise than crits
Hope you have an amazing weekend!
October 5th, 2018 at 12:36 pm · Link
Silver, thanks so much!! I think the weather will be in the 70’s and no rain, so we should be good. I’m so looking forward to all the wedding and all the surrounding fun and celebrations! Now for you:
1) I love looking at house too. I get it.
2) Reading slumps suck. Hope you break out of it!
3) LOLOL! You need a week break.
4) You could still win the lottery and change the world
5) Hope fall returns tomorrow all her cool and crisp glory!
Thanks again on MS’s wedding! I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!
October 5th, 2018 at 2:26 pm · Link
LOL, no. They’re hormone shots. I love them because they keep me on an even keel.
I only use Aleve as needed for pain.
October 5th, 2018 at 3:04 pm · Link
1. Happy Birthday to Biker Witch.
2. The wedding is going to be amazing. I wish them a very happy life together. Have a great time.
3. New phones!!!! Now that you’ve looked will it be another 6 months before you buy? That’s how I am ;).
4. I am keeping your BIL in my prayers that all is well. So you’re scheduled for the end of the month. Is that so you don’t have to hand out Halloween candy ;)?
5. Baby Slayer with his sippy cup is so cute :)! I love his smile. Funny how we both got super happy grandsons.
1a. Hubs and I combined our pre-paid Verizon plans and I saved us $15/month. He’s looking at the new iphone. Me I still have my 6 and it works, so I’m good.
2a. We are having dinner with middle son and his wife Saturday. I can’t wait to see them.
3a. My best friends dog has cancer. I feel awful for her and the fur baby. She lost three other pets within 3 months of each other 2 years ago and this is her last one. It’s so hard :(.
4a. Eldest gets those meals that are sent to you and they got one they don’t like. So it is now our dinner. I don’t get it. It takes just as long, if not longer, to prep and cook than a meal you plan. We’ll see how it tastes.
5a. I’m hoping to get some reading time in this weekend. Seems every time I pick up a book I get called away or I fall asleep.
Have a blessed time at the wedding!
October 5th, 2018 at 8:19 pm · Link
B.E. ah! Yes those can be lifesavers
October 5th, 2018 at 8:30 pm · Link
Viki, thank you all all of it, including keeping BIL in your prayers. It all helps. I really hope we don’t put off actually buying cell phones for 6 more months, but we are capable of it, LOL! And yes, we are both so fortunately with good natured grandbabies! Now for your 5:
1) That’s great news! Wizard and I will save money by going to a new plan. Our phones are so old I think they are museum quality. I can’t decide if I’m embarrassed or proud of that, LOL!
2) Awesome on seeing Middle and his wife this weekend! Wasn’t it them you missed out seeing last weekend? I’m trying to recall if it was him or Youngest.
3) Oh no! I’m so sorry about your friend and her dog. It’s so sad that she’s lost so many of her pets (best friends!) in the last two years.
4) Those must be the ones where they send you the ingredients and directions? CPA Boy and his wife sent Wizard and I already prepped and cooked meals that we just had to microwave after Wizard’s last surgery. I was grateful for those first two weeks to have something easy to serve for either lunch or dinner. Tell me Monday how this meal goes!
5) I hope you can find some time to read when you don’t fall asleep! I’m going through a similar thing too. I do fine with audio books as long as I’m moving or driving.
Hope you have a great weekend and fabulous time with Middle son and his wife!