Hi all!! Wow this whole year has been a whirlwind! But now it’s time to share five things about our week. Here’s mine:
- We made it through another rainstorm. There were mandatory evacuations up to one street over from us, but we were okay. Although between about 1pm and 4pm it was a little scary. The elementary school one street over let out early due to possible flooding and mudslides. The street that separates our street from the burned hills was briefly closed while tractors cleared away mud and debris that came down. But otherwise we came through it. It looks like it might me a rainy year in So Cal so this is our new reality for a while. And we desperately need the rain.
- YIKES this year has been a roller coaster. Wizard and I are tired. But next year, we are going to plan a real vacation with just the two of us, and no work, as long as I heal enough to fly. And if I don’t, then we’ll take a closer to home vacation. That goal pushes us to keep going!
- Baby Slayer is awesome! Here he is at 8 1/2 months old and practicing to be a cover model–I think he nailed it He’s not walking yet, but he stands and cruises along furniture.
- Wizard picked out a movie for us to watch last night after a stressful day. So naturally during the move Oldest Son called, then Middle Son called, then my brother called. LOLOL! Poor Wizard. He was so proud of finding a fun movie for us to decompress. I usually don’t get a lot of calls at night, but people were checking up, and we both appreciate that. The good news is that while I talked, Wizard played on his phone–the smartphone that he now LOVES.
- Today is bright, sunny, beautiful day! Biker Witch is coming over to get me out of the house. It should be a good day…unless we get into trouble. It’s been known to happen, LOL!
That’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!