Friday, December 21st, 2018
Friday Five, Sorry I’m Late!
I blame Holiday Brain. I got busy yesterday, and while I knew I needed to post a blog, somehow I just never got to it. Anyway, here’s my Friday 5:
- 99.9 % of my holiday shopping and wrapping is done. But I still haven’t gotten Maggie a gift. That’s not a big deal, I can throw one of her treat bones in a Christmas gift bag and she’d think she won the doggy-lottery. I’m going to look for blankets for her in after Christmas sales because Maggie appreciates a good sale :-).
- My daughter in law, (Middle Son’s wife) makes Magic Bars that have coconut in them. I don’t like coconut but I like her Magic Bars.
- I had pictures of Baby Slayer printed yesterday. I’m so excited! I finally was able to hang a frame that CPA Boy and Special K gave me way back in May. That’s right, 7 months ago **Hangs head in shame**
- We have a pretty wicked coyote problem here. They are hungry from the fires and floods. The elementary school one street over even sent out warnings to the parents. Wizard has changed his route for walking Maggie, and I’m going to be much more careful when I start walking her too.
- My goal for 2019 is to recapture my passion and motivation, and establish work hours that leaves me free time to do other things I enjoy.
I’ll post Monday just to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
December 21st, 2018 at 3:06 pm · Link
I feel sorry for the coyotes and other wildlife but yeah, keep yourself and Maggie safe! Okay, my five:
1. We’re doing Christmas Eve dinner here. Only has strep, BiL has a kidney infection, no one wants to shop but Jolly Green Giant wants “traditional Christmas dinner.” I asked Only by text what that meant. She texted back: “Mashed potatoes. Christmas apples (???!). Christmas pie. Christmas steak. (Uhm…JGG, there is no such thing and you don’t like steak anyway.) Oh. Christmas turkey then.” I guess mashed potatoes aren’t Christmasy.
2. Thank Santa for gift cards.
3. If I get out this afternoon, and get stamps, I might actually get Christmas cards in the mail. Or not.
4. I had the dining room decorated before I knew for sure dinner would be served here. Yay for me. A bunch less stuff to do. So…yay.
5. I…got nuthin’ else worth mentioning. LOL
Happy weekend and happier holidays!
December 21st, 2018 at 3:09 pm · Link
I LIED! I do have a #5. LOLOL
5. As I was getting out to run errands the other day, I noticed some sort of raptor down in a neighbor’s yard, standing over…lunch. It was almost all-over gray so I knew it wasn’t a hawk but didn’t know for sure what it was. I snapped a slightly blurred pic from the car window. Looking it and comparing it to pictures, I think it was a peregrine falcon which is totally awesome!
There. That makes. five.
December 21st, 2018 at 4:24 pm · Link
1. Good job getting all the shopping and stuff done. Maggie will be very happy if you get her a blanket.
2. I love magic bars, but I like coconut too.
3. 7 months isn’t that bad😉. Are you going to be framing the photos of Baby Slayer?
4. Wizard is smart to change his and Maggie’s route. Coyotes can be scary. We have them in our woods.
5. I like your goals 😊.
1a. We just might get a white Christmas. It’s supposed to snow Sunday 1-3 inches. Right now it’s rain.
2a. The gang will all be here Christmas Eve. We’re going to get Chinese 😆.
3a. Going to meet my girlfriend for coffee Sunday morning and then youngest is taking me out for lunch.
4a. The cat has been dogging me trying to get me to give him dinner early 😸.
5a. I still have to wrap 8 presents.
Have a great weekend!
December 21st, 2018 at 4:47 pm · Link
Silver, we’re definitely being extra cautious. We hear the coyotes every morning and night. I feel for them too, but Maggie isn’t breakfast. Now for your five:
1) Christmas steak, LOL! Christmas apples…apple pie? JGG is too funny, and he’s bringing you all together. I’m so sorry that only has Strep and your BIL a kidney infection. I think whatever you make will please JGG!
2) Amen on gift cards.
3) We need elves to help with things like Christmas cards and stamps. Wizard did so much for me this year, but he actually likes running errands.
4) Clearly you’re brilliant to have decorated!
5) That falcon must have been beautiful! Although I feel sorry for his lunch.
Yay for getting five! Hope you have a great weekend!
December 21st, 2018 at 4:52 pm · Link
Viki, oh yeah, I’m going to put up lots of Baby Slayer pics. I also had a picture of each son and wife printed. Now let’s talk about you:
1) A white Christmas is so pretty!
2) Chinese sounds good, and a smart way to enjoy your family and NOT spend all the time in the kitchen.
3) Saturday sounds like a great day! Hope you enjoy coffee with your friend and lunch with youngest.
4) Poor kitty is hungry!
5) Hope you get the wrapping done and can forget all about it.
Have a great weekend!
December 21st, 2018 at 5:51 pm · Link
Don’t sweat the holiday brain. I stop by and if there’s a post, great, and if not, okee doke. Yay for being almost done with Christmas shopping! Yay for magic bars and for Baby Slayer! I feel bad for the coyotes, but you’ve gotta worry about yourselves. If they get bad, maybe a rescue agency can live trap and relocate them. Awesome goal! Go you!
1) Made turkey rice soup for dinner tonight using the broth I created from the Thanksgiving turkey.
2) I’m taking the rest of the year off writing to recharge my creative battery. Fingers crossed it works.
3) I can’t believe it’s only ten days until the end of the year.
4) I’m so not ready for it to be the end of the year.
5) The bird of the day on my calendar is so ugly I had to put a sticky note over its face. Northern Bald Ibis. Yuck.
December 22nd, 2018 at 1:56 pm · Link
B.E., there was a wildlife preserve in the hills where I walked before the fire. I have no idea what the agencies are doing about that–they’ve had their hands full with everything. The coyotes and other animals are all victims of the troll who started the fire. It’s all so sad. Lets move onto you!
1) I’m always impressed with people who make soup! You really used all your turkey! (Wizard wouldn’t care for it, so it’d be a waste for me to try).
2) Good for you taking the rest of the year off!
3) I can’t believe it either. But you’ve achieved a LOT this year!
4) Are we ever ready?
5) LOLOL!! I’d do that too if I wasn’t happy with the picture!
Hope you’re having a great weekend!