Friday, January 25th, 2019
TGIF! Time to share five things around our week:
- I’m officially out of the hard brace!! I’m so happy. I’ll sleep in the soft brace for another month, but being totally freed of the hard brace is a huge relief. I’ve graduated to no heavy lifting and common sense restrictions. My doctor could see shadows in the x-rays that indicate some bone growth around the donor bone, exactly what we were looking for. I’m still sore and have some pain, but this is progress, and a really good visit. Overall, it’s going to take a somewhere around a year to fully heal.
- The doctor okayed me to fly, so Wizard and I are getting serious about a Hawaii trip late spring or early summer.
- Maggie threw up the other night just as we were sitting down to dinner. Impeccable, and gross, timing, LOL! She seemed fine after that so it was probably just one of those dog things.
- The weather has swung from big rains to dry and windy. My sinuses are annoyed. And everywhere I go, it seems everyone else is suffering allergies too.
- Writing…well I didn’t jump ahead, instead I got the reunion scene like I want it for now. I’m hoping to move the book forward today, and tomorrow. Sunday is a Baby Slayer day
That’s my five! Your turn! I really do love hearing whatever you all want to share about your week. I hope all of you have a great weekend!
January 25th, 2019 at 6:18 am · Link
SQUEE! Congratulations! I’m go happy to hear you’re making progress with your recovery. And with your writing, too. ;o) Yep, sometimes pets just urp. Sorry about your sinuses. I hate that.
1) I wrote last night! And I had a devil of a time getting to sleep because my head was so full of ideas for the book. Maybe the drought is finally over. :fingers crossed:
2) I’m working on an SF about evil space bunnies. I read something about writing something totally different to break free of the writing boredom and it worked.
2) We had almost 20 deer come for breakfast the other day. That’s the most we’ve seen at one time ever.
3) On my drive to run errands yesterday, I saw a tree filled with robins.
4) I’m totally jones’n for spring to arrive. I want to see flowers in my gardens.
5) I was doing really good on my ‘be active’ goal for the year and then it fell apart. Been busy, the weather’s gross, I’m tired… there are a million excuses I could make, but excuses don’t get things done. I’m gonna get back at it today.
January 25th, 2019 at 12:28 pm · Link
Happy dancing for you about the med stuffs! AWESOME!!!!! Just don’t push it. That year to heal? Yeah, pretty much set in stone due to the way bone grows and fuses. And marvelous news with your five. Woot-woot. Okay, my five…
1) Mother Nature is running hot and cold and my body/joints are not happy campers. So far, my sinuses aren’t going haywire. *knocks wood*
2) Writing is still confined to snippets. Better than nothing. I think I’m going to hold out “carrots” to Iffy. If she lets me write *THESE MANY WORDS* on *THIS* project I’ll let her play with words on any project that grabs her interest. We’ll see.
3) There’s a peregrine falcon in the neighborhood. I don’t glimpse it often but I caught a peek this morning while I was out doing early-morning banking.
4) Only and Baseball Boy are looking at pre-school/schools for the JGG (probably private as he’ll eventually go to the private Catholic HS where BB teaches). Hard to believe he’ll be five next month. Time is flying waaaaay to fast!
5) I love the library when it comes to getting books from a new-to-me author. I do not love it when a series is involved and the books are all on hold and come open in the wrong order. Yeah, yeah. Silly. But still.
Have a great weekend!
January 25th, 2019 at 3:43 pm · Link
1. Congratulations on getting out of the hard brace. It sounds like you’re healing nicely and all is going as it should :).
2. Wow, a trip to Hawaii is well deserved by both you and Wizard. You’ve each had so much to deal with the past couple years.
3. Poor Maggie. Ever notice how they don’t really seem bothered by throwing up? Yuck.
4. Sorry about all the crazy weather making your sinuses go nuts. Allergies just stink.
5. Yes! You got the reunion scene set. Now it should all start to flow. Extra Baby Slayer bonus :).
1a. It’s what most would call cold ;). Our high today is 11F not factoring in the windchill. Mid next week will be much worse.
2a. Had to cancel eldest sons B-day dinner last weekend because Harrison was sick. We’re going to a brewery tomorrow ;).
3a. Middle son came over and fixed up the guys for printing. We have to do a remote session tomorrow afternoon to set up the scan function.
4a. Spunk has been super talkative the past three days. Yesterday was so bad I asked him to stop talking. Being a cat, you know how that went ;).
5a. I just did something strange. I ordered the Giza sheets from the mypillow guy. We’ve never had any of his stuff but hubs brought them up yesterday so I just took the plunge. Sure hope they’re as soft as promoted.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
January 25th, 2019 at 5:08 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on my recovery Now for you:
1) I believe the drought for you is definitely over!! Yay!
2) Space bunnies, LOL! I’d read that!
3) And that’s a LOT of deer! And the robins must have really loved that tree. I saw what I think was a yellow breasted robin on my patio this week.
4) Spring flowers are so pretty.
5) I like the “be active” motto! IT’s harder to do it in the dead of winter though when there’s so many available excuses. Just keep trying!
Hope you have a great weekend!
January 25th, 2019 at 5:14 pm · Link
Silver, yep, I hear you I won’t push it, I really want to heal to the best possible outcome for me!
1) Glad your sinuses aren’t bugging you but ugh on your joints. That’s painful and makes staying active tough.
2) Hope the carrots tease out lots of words!
3) The peregrine falcon makes it almost worth the early morning banking trip.
4) Preschools! The goal of private makes sense since that’s where BB teaches. And yes, time is going too fast! How can he be almost 5?
5) While I can read out of order, I’d be irritated too. Some series I absolutely want to read in order, but I’d have so self control if I had a later book and loved the series. Still Libraries are wonderful!
I hope you have a good weekend!
January 25th, 2019 at 5:23 pm · Link
Viki, thanks, and yes I noticed that about throwing up. I’m just glad she’s fine other than the one episode. And today, I’m working on a scene I want dropped in–feeling decent about it Now for you:
1) YEESH!! That’s freezing cold!
2) Hope everyone is well and you guys have a great time celebrating Oldest’s birthday at the brewery.
3) Isn’t it amazing how complicated it is to set up these printers/scanners and get all the devices to connect? Our printers is supposed to work from all out devices, but yeah…let’s just say me and the printer are barely on speaking terms. Wizard has saved the printer’s sorry life a time or two! Special K tells me this snotty behavior of wireless printers isn’t unusual.
4) LOL I can visualize you asking him to stop talking! That’s so cute that he likes to talk. He sounds like a cat in a happy home.
5) I hope you love the sheets! I’ve debated on MyPillow, but I’ve tried all kinds of expensive pillows and been disappointed.
Hope you stay warm and have a fun birthday celebration for oldest this weekend!