TGIF! Let’s jump right into five random things about our week:
- I’m thinking about all of you in the Extreme Weather Zone. I hope everyone is okay!
- Here in So Cal, we have rain, rain and more rain. Maggie is NOT a fan. We’re under “at risk watch” for slides and debris flow, but we aren’t worried right now.
- I’m more than 250 pages into my book. I was shocked. It’s going to be an ugly draft when I’m hit The End (around 500 pages is my guess), but that’s what revisions are for.
- It’s February! I need to really hunker down and work. Plus start re-engaging on social media, but baby steps, right?
- It’s been a pretty quiet week. Oh I saw a friend for lunch on Wednesday and that was awesome! I also had a Caribbean salad I really enjoyed too. Lately, it seems like only about one-in-four restaurant meals are decent anymore.
I don’t have any big plans for the weekend, except working. Wizard will be watching the Superbowl, I’ll either be writing, playing with Maggie or reading. Unless I go see Baby Slayer, cause I can drive now!
Okay your turn to share your Friday Five. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay warm and safe!
February 1st, 2019 at 7:14 am · Link
We’re over it here in SW MO. Now the temperature roller coaster is headed up up up. Ugh about all that rain for you. Yay for writing progress! You go, girl! I can’t believe January flew by so fast. And yay for a nice lunch out!
1) I know it’s Friday, but my brain keeps resetting to Monday. Hence, I was totally surprised to see your Friday Five posted this morning. Derp.
2) I peeked under the leaf litter in my rosebed. The hyacinths and the daffodils I transplanted in there last year are already coming up. Yay, Spring!
3) I’m going to be 49 this year. Not sure how that’s even possible.
4) I got a note from my cover artist. My February spot is here – one I have to use or lose and she’s booked through sometime next year – but I haven’t even started thinking about writing this book. (Or finished the one before it that I already have a cover for.) :panics:
5) Needless to say, my goals for the year are not on track. I haven’t been working on what I’m supposed to work on and I’m totally not being active. Bleh. Better luck this month, right?
February 1st, 2019 at 2:35 pm · Link
B.E., glad you got through the cold, weird weather swings though!
1) When I saw your surprise that it’s Friday, I second guessed myself, LOL! The only reason I knew for sure is Wizard had an eye appt this morning
2) Yay for your transplanted flowers! I’ve been thinking of growing some herbs I love for like…two decades…so yeah. I’m impressed when others actually do it!
3) The years go by, don’t they?
4) Oh wow, you slipped right into a between rock and hard place problem with the cover. Can you pull it off? I’m betting yes!
5) Goals are meant to motivate us, not ruin our days. I’m telling myself that. I’m struggling with being active this last week or two too. I’m working more and not moving enough. So we’ll both try to do better
I hope you have an awesome weekend!
February 1st, 2019 at 3:28 pm · Link
Yay for driving, 250 pages, walks in the rain, and Baby Slayer! And lunch out. I’m slow getting around today. I’ve been sitting at the Procrastination Station.
1. I took a free webinar about how to record your own audio books. I’ve been thinking about because I do have some voice/drama training. As I figured, the dude gave a some good information, including the free audio software and what type of equipment (microphone, etc), then pitched his full course that’s $297, get it in the next 5 days for $197. I’ll admit I’m tempted but $$’s tight so probably won’t.
2. One of the black feral cats is hanging out with an orange tiger stripe feral. If they’re m/f, those kittens are gonna be totally adorable or…not.
3. Our sanitation department dropped off new trash bins (everyone bought/used their own previously.) You only get one, unless you pay for a second. No yard waste. All garbage has to be in THAT bin and the lid has to be closed. Or else–meaning your garbage doesn’t get picked up. Today was garbage day. A whole lot of residents are gonna be totally ticked off today. Not me. I follow instructions.
4. It’s damp outside but not terribly cold. Fog rolled in about 10 a.m. It’s mostly gone now. Supposed to be almost 70 on Sunday. Go figure.
5. A whole bunch of books I’ve been waiting on (new releases) have all dropped. Now I can’t decide which to read first. I know, right?!?!
Have a great weekend! I have JGG time at Post Pancake Breakfast, followed by siren test, and then more JGG time during lunch at our fav Mexican restaurant.
February 1st, 2019 at 4:27 pm · Link
1. It’s been very cold but all is well.
2. Sorry about all the rain. Glad you’re not worried right now but keep alert.
3. Fantastic book news.
4. February is here :).
5. I agree with the lack of quality food dining out lately. Last weekends birthday dinner for eldest was substandard.
1a. It’s still cold just not as cold. We finally broke out of the -F’s today :). By Sunday it’s supposed to be in the 50’s. How strange is that!?
2a. Tuesday hubs found one of the windows in the sun room had cracked. Today I had the window guy out. I’ll get a replacement in about 90 days :(.
3a. When it got super cold we kept having bangs (like someone hitting the house with a baseball bat as hard as possible) throughout the house day and night. At least 50. Found out that when it gets super cold and there is a lot of water in the ground the rapid freeze causes something like earthquakes which transfers into the explosive sounds we were hearing.
4a. Hubs has been taking an old briefcase to Harrison with each pocket filled with something new. The boy is having a blast exploring all the goodies.
5a. Hubs was supposed to go out tonight for drinks with former co-workers. Now he’s not and there is NO dinner – oops .
Have a great weekend!
February 2nd, 2019 at 11:47 am · Link
Silver, I’m late! Let’s jump right into your five:
1) Do you have time to record your own audio books? If so, it’s probably a good investment for you to take the class at the reduced rate.
2) They’d be cute, but more feral cats trying to survive and procreating might be a problem. On the other hand, they keep the rodent population down.
3) You get big trash points for following instructions! See I’d follow instructions too, if I paid attention to the original notice of the change. But one can???? We have three, regular, recycle and green waste.
4) The weather needs a hormone shot or something. Talk about whacked lately. it’s supposed to pour here today, my phone’s lighting up with alerts.
5) The pain is real, LOL! I know exactly how you feel!
Yay for JGG time! Hope you have fun!
February 2nd, 2019 at 11:53 am · Link
Viki, I’m keeping alert on the weather, it’s just one of those things. We really don’t know when/if/how the hill might slip. I wondered if the restaurant issue was just me, just CA or pervasive elsewhere too. Glad it’s not just me! Okay now for you:
1) It’s very strange weather! But at least you’re getting a break from the frigid weather.
2) 90 days to replace a window? I’m guessing it’s special order? What a pain.
3) WOW!! I had no idea. I don’t usually freak easily at night, but bangs like that would scare me! I bet a lot of ghost stories got started from that phenomenon.
4) Hubs is brilliant!! Harrison is so lucky to have a grandpa who comes up with original ideas like that! What fun.
5) I hope the dinner dilemma was solved
Have a great weekend!