TGIF, it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I have a boomerang version of this cold. Wizard has had the normal progression: Sore throat, congestion, a little cough, feeling icky for two to three days, then improving steadily each day after that. He’s almost kicked the cold entirely. I had two days of a sore throat and some congestion which then disappeared. Tuesday evening, it returned coated in ground glass which scraped all over my throat for two days and nights. Yesterday afternoon, my throat was improving dramatically, thereby saving me a trip to Urgent Care, so yay for that! Now I appear to just have the tail end of a cold.
- Wizard is convinced I went back to writing too soon. Maybe, but I’m really trying! I had one day this week when I was obsessed with writing and had to force myself to stop and walk away at 5pm. (Okay, Wizard may have used a glass of wine to lure me away from the computer, LOL) I love that feeling! Yesterday, I couldn’t make a scene work no matter what I tried, and I ended up doing laundry, vacuuming, dusting, anything else but writing. That kind of monotonous busy work, sadly, helps me think too. Hopefully by today, I’ll have the solution to tackle and tame the scene.
- Next week I have jury duty again. I had it not long after my surgery, but once I showed up wearing my hard brace, and the still healing scar on my throat, they were happy to defer it for almost three months
- One day, I want to write a fast-paced, can’t-catch-your-breath thriller. Or suspense. I love both suspense and thrillers. However I can’t stomach horror movies, and or gory scenes. Heck, I can barely stomach watching the news.
- I hope to finally have lunch with Biker Witch today. I had to cancel last Friday because I was getting sick. Then we cancelled plans Wednesday because it was raining (we were meeting at an outdoor mall). Tomorrow may be iffy as Biker Witch had a small procedure today (she’s okay), and it’s possible she may not feel up to it. But we’ll get together soon one way or another!
That’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend! And for most of us in the U.S., don’t forget to set your clocks forward an hour on Saturday night