Another Friday! Okay it’s time to share five random thing about our week.
- I found my missing chapstick! I rarely lose stuff, and this drove me out of my mind until I located the sucker. It took me two days to figure out I’d put it in the cupboard above the shelf I normally keep my chapstick on. Mystery solved!
- Monday, Maggie went with us to visit Wizard’s mom. She was a total show off. We sat in her backyard, and Maggie was a polite guest, walking around, sniffing and then going up to my mother-in-law and her husband to be petted. She didn’t jump, whine or cause any doggy-problems. I love it when Maggie shows off her manners. However, she came to us with most of her manners, so I can’t claim credit Here’s Maggie in the car on the way.
- I’ve had a cranky stomach this week. That’s not my point though. Why do people care what others eat? When I’m out to eat or at people’s homes, I quietly choose what I know my stomach will handle. But once in a while, there’s someone trying to push some food or other on me. Why? I mean I don’t want to bore everyone with my cranky stomach stories, and who wants to hear that anyway? Sometimes I just say a partial truth, ” I have to be careful due to the meds I take.” But why isn’t, “No, thanks,” enough? Now if someone made something special, that’s different, and I either eat some or tell them I wish I could but I just can’t. Those people are always gracious. It’s the people who have decided I’m picky (because I have to be, not because I want to be), or they’re trying to show off their food knowledge. It’s almost as bad as trying to push alcohol on people who don’t feel like drinking. And Oops! I guess I slid into a rant, sorry!!
- It’s been a super hot week, but yesterday was a much nicer day! Wizard, Maggie and I all appreciated it! Wizard and I went in the Jacuzzi while Maggie tried to convince lizards to come out of hiding and play with her. (The lizards did not believe her, LOL)
- This weekend, Wizard and I are going to help do a few things in CPA Boy and Special K’s new house before they actually move in. I’m looking forward to it, but poor Wizard is sore from fixing the sprinkler system at his mom’s house yesterday. He can rest today, and hopefully bounce back in time to tackle whatever projects CPA Boy and Special K need done. Plus we get to see Turbo!! Trust me that will make Wizard feel better!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!