Friday, June 14th, 2019
Another Friday! Okay it’s time to share five random thing about our week.
- I found my missing chapstick! I rarely lose stuff, and this drove me out of my mind until I located the sucker. It took me two days to figure out I’d put it in the cupboard above the shelf I normally keep my chapstick on. Mystery solved!
- Monday, Maggie went with us to visit Wizard’s mom. She was a total show off. We sat in her backyard, and Maggie was a polite guest, walking around, sniffing and then going up to my mother-in-law and her husband to be petted. She didn’t jump, whine or cause any doggy-problems. I love it when Maggie shows off her manners. However, she came to us with most of her manners, so I can’t claim credit Here’s Maggie in the car on the way.
- I’ve had a cranky stomach this week. That’s not my point though. Why do people care what others eat? When I’m out to eat or at people’s homes, I quietly choose what I know my stomach will handle. But once in a while, there’s someone trying to push some food or other on me. Why? I mean I don’t want to bore everyone with my cranky stomach stories, and who wants to hear that anyway? Sometimes I just say a partial truth, ” I have to be careful due to the meds I take.” But why isn’t, “No, thanks,” enough? Now if someone made something special, that’s different, and I either eat some or tell them I wish I could but I just can’t. Those people are always gracious. It’s the people who have decided I’m picky (because I have to be, not because I want to be), or they’re trying to show off their food knowledge. It’s almost as bad as trying to push alcohol on people who don’t feel like drinking. And Oops! I guess I slid into a rant, sorry!!
- It’s been a super hot week, but yesterday was a much nicer day! Wizard, Maggie and I all appreciated it! Wizard and I went in the Jacuzzi while Maggie tried to convince lizards to come out of hiding and play with her. (The lizards did not believe her, LOL)
- This weekend, Wizard and I are going to help do a few things in CPA Boy and Special K’s new house before they actually move in. I’m looking forward to it, but poor Wizard is sore from fixing the sprinkler system at his mom’s house yesterday. He can rest today, and hopefully bounce back in time to tackle whatever projects CPA Boy and Special K need done. Plus we get to see Turbo!! Trust me that will make Wizard feel better!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
June 14th, 2019 at 5:27 am · Link
Yay for solving The Mystery of the Missing Chapstick! Yay for Maggie being the good girl we all know she is! Gah, I can’t imagine people who would try to make you eat something you don’t want to eat. I wish you could just say something like ‘seriously, if I eat that, I will barf all over you;’ but I guess that’s not socially acceptable. Yay for cooler temps! And have fun helping the kids with their house. Fingers crossed Wizard recovers enough to help.
1) I’m such a hermit I have a tough time remembering what I can and can’t say in public – much to the delight or consternation of the people around me (depending on the listeners).
2) I stopped at the bait store to pick up worms and the owner of the shop thought it would an awesome idea for me to fish with a friend of hers – ‘tell me where you’re fishing and I’ll send her over’ – because ‘fishing alone is no fun’. You can imagine the look of horror on my face. I told her I had Hubs with me and she still persisted. Until I made it clear I prefer to fish alone. I did try to say it nicely, but come on, lady… hermit here.
3) I finally made my french bread pizza last night. So yummy.
4) The other day, I had a dream that I adopted this dog they have at my local shelter. Her name there is Sour Patch (they name dogs weird stuff sometimes), but in my dream, I named her Butterscotch.
5) Something is scratching in the ceiling over my head right now. At first, I thought it was my chair or my desk making noises, so I’d sit really still. I finally traced the noise to above me. I think the mice are gaslighting me. LOL
June 14th, 2019 at 12:01 pm · Link
I’ll make it easy on myself. Ditto everything B.E. said in response to your five. B.E. You need Butterscotch because she’d go after the mice/coon/squirrel now living above you. Just sayin’… Okay, my five:
1) We turned the full bath into a kitten nursery for Loki, me thinking keeping him contained for food and bathroom training would be smart. Used a pet gate to block the door. Yeah, he climbed that sucker the first day. Taped a cardboard kittensquirrel baffle over the top. Took him 3 days but he figured a way out. Added more tape. He still managed to “transmorph” out. He also zooms when he’s loose. Poor Boone.
2) Jake has settled in nicely. He’s the most mellow dog we’ve ever owned. He loves car rides and puppachinos from Starbucks. He let every kid in the park pet him at Stormy’s T-ball game and he’s going to chapter meeting with me tomorrow. He could be a therapy dog with very little training.
3) Words are still as slow as molasses but they are coming. My personal deadline was tomorrow. Yeah…not happening. My official deadline in the first week in July. It has to happen. I need to light a fire under this sucker.
4) I currently have a purrball on my shoulder. I did mention that Loki is a ninja cat trickty67ster critter, right? Who also helps me type.
5) Our weather has been more like fall than summer. I’m enjoying thehn ttgfffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt the heck out of it. I do wish I had an outside space where I could take the laptop out and work[[[[[[[[[[[[. Someday, when I’m rich 5and famous. :djmn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
PS. Loki says hi.
June 14th, 2019 at 3:29 pm · Link
1. It drives me crazy when I can’t find little things too. You know exactly where you put it because that’s where it “belongs.” Lo and behold, it’s not where it goes :(. Glad you found the chapstick.
2. How proud a mom you must be with Maggie being such a good guest :).
3. Oh the tummy. I’m one of those that can eat anything and often do but no one else in my house can. So I see your point completely on people being pushy. It just should not be done!
4. Happy to hear the heat broke for a bit. I saw this morning that it’s supposed to come back up this weekend. I feel for you. Love Maggie trying to get the lizard to “play.” They are smart.
5. How nice that you are helping get the house ready for the kids before they move in. I hope Wizard rests and when he’s over there doesn’t push himself to hard.
1a. It’s been beautiful here today. The rain stopped around 3:30 am and it’s been a sunny and 76F :).
2a. I now have three styes in the same eye. As I thought the first was healing the second came up and then yesterday the third is under my upper lid dead center. Feels like it’s scratching my eyeball. Went to the clinic and got and antibiotic. Was told if it isn’t better by Monday I have to see an eye doctor.
3. We’re all going to Harrison’s Sunday for Father’s day. It’s supposed to pour. Expecting 5 inches of rain between Sunday and Monday :(.
4. Girl friend will be up from FL Sunday and we will have coffee Tuesday :)!
5. Had my physical Wednesday and have to have blood work done. Put it off because of my eye. Figure I’ll go Monday morning.
Have a great weekend and please wish Wizard and CPA boy Happy Father’s Day!
June 14th, 2019 at 6:08 pm · Link
B.E., The Chapstick Mystery was a baffler, LOL! Thanks on everything else. And yeah, I’ve been tempted to say, “Do you want to see the regurgitated version?” Your answer was more to the point Okay, now for you:
1) That sounds fun! Let’s go find places for you to see inappropriate things so I can watch people’s expressions! And Hermithood is an under-appreciated life choice. Just saying!
2) Now that is weird! Even I know that some people enjoy the solitude of fishing alone. I’d expect a bait store owner to pick up on that. Sorry you had to deal with her pushing someone on you that way!
3) Oh!! French Bread Pizza is right up my alley! Love! If I’m having a my stomach hates me day, I scrape everything else off and just eat the bread, LOL!
4) I agree with Silver, you need Butterscotch (formerly Sour Patch–a name that made me smile!). You know you want her. But I know, you have to think of Kira too.
5) Mice!!! I like them fine when they aren’t in my house or walls. You had rats in the engine of your car, right? Might be they relocated because they are resourceful little suckers.
Hope you have a great weekend! I totally forgot it was Father’s Day when I wrote the blog.
June 14th, 2019 at 6:17 pm · Link
Silver, Ditto noted and thanks on all
1) Is Loki terrorizing Boone? Gotta say, you found yourself a smart and determined kitten. That’s good…and not, LOL!! You’ll have years of gray hair and much laughter. I hope you can find a way to contain her when needed.
2) Jake is a therapy dog for you after Loki’s antics But it’s something to think about if you believe he really has the temperament. Maybe for the veterans since I know you’re involved in some groups there? Just a thought because you don’t have a enough to do…bwahahahaha!! Okay, sorry, I crack myself up sometimes.
3) You can wrote the book by July 3rd! It’ll be a tough battled, especially with Ninja Cat, but you can do it! (As long as we’re not talking about my writing )
4) Hi Loki (**waving madly**). How’s it going? How about letting mom get some work done????
5) You might need to bribe Loki with a new kitty play area if he lets mom write enough to get rich and famous, and have that outside place to write!
Hope you have a great weekend, and Father’s Day, and I figured out it was Loki typing! I feel so smart!!!
June 14th, 2019 at 6:28 pm · Link
Viki, yay for you tough stomach! I’m used to mine, and I’m fine with what I eat. It bothers that 2% of annoying people more than me most of the time. And I suspect that 2% think it’s just in my head. Whatever, life is too short to dwell on it. And thanks on Maggie and everything else. Wizard will be fine tomorrow, plus he’ll take breaks to play with Turbo.
1) Sounds like a lovely day! Glad you got a break from the rain.
2) Ouch! Scratching the eye like that makes me cringe. I wear contacts and once in awhile, something gets on one and scratches my eye, it’s awful. Antibiotics are an excellent idea at this point as it’s getting . I hope it clears up so you don’t need to see the eye doctor.
3) Yay for Father’s Day at Harrison’s! But sheesh, that’s a lot of rain coming your way, stay safe!
4) So glad you get to see your girlfriend.
5) Probably a good idea to wait until Monday to do bloodwork. I’m sure everything will come back with a clean bill of health!
I hope you have a great weekend and Happy Father’s Day for Hubby and son! Careful in all that rain!