Friday, June 21st, 2019
TGIF!! It’s time to share five random things about our week. Here are mine:
- I’ve spent too much time and money replacing old towels, rugs and a few other random items in our bathrooms. I still need a few more things, but my time-and-money budget is exhausted.
- Wednesday, I played with Turbo all day in his new house. I was doing things like scooping him up and swinging him around, which make him laugh, which made me do it again and again. Ouch! LOL! I used to be able to carry two boys with the third one hanging on my leg. What happened?
- I wasn’t the only one tired. This is Turbo after all that playing. He climbed up on the couch where blankets were stacked (they are still unpacking), curled up with his pacifier, and conked out. It was freaking adorable. When he’s awake and going he seems older than 15 months. But like this, I still see the baby in him.
- I took Maggie in for a bath and grooming this week, and the lady there who knows her well told me that she’s getting really gray. She definitely is! That doesn’t bother me much. We don’t know Maggie’s age or background, so we just accept her as she is.
- I’m not sure what I’m doing this weekend. We were expecting out-of-town friends, but those plans changed, so now…anything could happen
That’s my five random (and boring, LOL) things. Now it’s your turn to share! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
June 21st, 2019 at 5:36 am · Link
OMG, so cute! You sure wore him out. And I bet you could’ve used a nap right next to him. As for Maggie, she’s a Silver Lady and she’s wearing her age well. PS. You’re not boring.
1) I need a coffee IV today. Or a caffeine patch. Or something.
2) Yesterday morning I went for a walk and since I was already sweaty and gross, I sprayed weeds in the driveway afterwards. Which is progress. Used to be when I got back from a walk, I was toast.
3) Kira is 16 years old, which is supposed to be like a human 80. But she hasn’t gone grizzled. I mean, she’s a gray cat, but I’d still be able to see lighter hairs. :shrug: Maybe it’s different with cats.
4) Summer starts tomorrow, but it’s already hot. Too hot to bake or make oven meals. Which kind of stinks because I want ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner.
5) I should be marketing my brains out right now, to take advantage of yesterday’s boost in rankings, but I can’t muster the will. Maybe after another cup of coffee.
June 21st, 2019 at 8:34 am · Link
Sooo cute! And as for what happened? We got older, babe. Much as that sucks. And ditto on you not being boring. Boone has gone gray around the muzzle. He’s 11 so that’s like 77 in human years. Adidas is 17. She’s just fat, no change of fur color. Here’s my five:
1) Loki, Kitten God of Mischief and Mayhem, has learned to climb the bedspread to the bed. He’s now sleeping there at night. I have GOT to get used to grabbing the phone to video him because he’s too freaking cute.
2) Gentleman Jake has perfected the “Guilt Mom” look when I leave him at home for long errands. It’s too hot for doggos to be left in cars. But when I leave and when I come home–that look!
3) WIP progress is slow. I’ve given up anything remotely resembling linear writing and just dashing off scenes that I know need to happen. Eventually, I’ll put them all together and expand the word count. Like in 10 days. *flail*
4) It’s hot. Since this is first day of summer, I guess it’s time.
5) Only is going to NYC with me for RWA. Yayayay!
Have a great weekend everyone! And stay cool!!!
June 21st, 2019 at 3:37 pm · Link
1. It’s it crazy how much towels and regular items for the house are? But I bet you’re very happy with the new look.
2/3. So glad you had so much fun with Turbo. I love when they crash from playing hard. They look so cute. Hear you loud and clear on the body not preforming like it used to.
4. Poor Maggie. I have pretty much gone white too but I don’t let it show. I don’t have the grace that Maggie has in accepting the aging process ;).
5. Whatever you do this weekend, have fun.
1a. After all the rain, today has been beautiful. Can’t get over all the flooding. We’re up high and the sump pump is working non-stop.
2a. Took Spunk to the vet because he started peeing only once a day (a huge amount). I never had a cat do this. Vet says he’s fine. It was worth it to make me feel better.
3a. Girlfriend is up from FL so we had coffee Tuesday. It was nice :).
4a. Went to the ophthalmologist about these styes and he said the antibiotic was making things worse and that I had to just live with it until they go away. Annoying!
5a. I to have no idea what we’re doing this weekend. I’m sure I’ll talk hubs into a place I like for dinner Saturday :).
Have a really great weekend!
June 21st, 2019 at 5:27 pm · Link
B.E., Turbo is a joy! I’m telling Wizard he has to call Maggie Silver Lady from now on, LOL! He’s been calling her Graybeard. Okay now for you:
1) Coffee is the magic elixir.
2) Wow your stamina is ramping up!
3) Kira is a very young 80-in-human-years cat. I assumed cats get gray too, but I don’t know that for sure.
4) Summer is getting real there. Today is cool for June here, but the heat will come back soon.
5) Marketing is tough work. Hope you were able to muster the will to do it. Your books deserve it! Still…I’m a total marketing slacker these days so I can’t talk.
Hope you have a good weekend!
June 21st, 2019 at 5:33 pm · Link
Silver, what’s this age thing, LOLOL! Wow you and B.E., have some mature cats. And for the record, *I* did not call Adidas fat!
1) YES!! You have to get pics/videos of Loki! I want to see. Loki-stories make me smile.
2) Jake gives you the look when you get home, and Maggie does it when I’m leaving. Love Genteman Jake moniker.
3) You can do it! You’re written in non-linier fashions before and it works. Just go, go, go!
4) Summer heat–bleh.
5) Yay on Only going to NYC with you!! I hope you guys have a wonderful time! I blew my budget on Hawaii so I can’t wait to hear all about it!
Can’t wait to hear about Loki’s weekend mischief on Monday
June 21st, 2019 at 5:39 pm · Link
Viki, it is crazy how much household stuff costs! I’m pretty happy, but you know, it’s a slippery slope cuz now I’m eyeing my bedroom, LOL! Now for you:
1) Your area is really slammed with rain and flooding. I hope you can get some relief now.
2) So happy Spunk is okay. I’d have taken Maggie in for that, fearling a bladder infection or blockage. Your a good cat mom!
3) I’m sure seeing your girlfriend helps with missing her since she moved.
4) Styes are so annoying. I had no idea antibiotics would make them worse. I hope that one isn’t irritating your eye anymore.
5) Dinner out sounds good!
I hope whatever you guys do, you have a great weekend!