TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about our week!
- Wednesday we went out to see our grandson, Turbo. He’s having so much fun in his new home, and especially, his new backyard where he can run, explore and play. Wizard has a selection of shirts with cars and trucks on it just because Turbo gets excited to see them. He’s such a grandpa!
- So yesterday, I went online to look for shirts with dogs on them for me (because Turbo loves dogs as much as he loves cars and trucks), and I accidentally typed in “dong” instead of “dog”. FYI, I don’t recommend doing that.
- I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins this week for Turbo. That might sound like a weird combo if you haven’t heard of it before, but it’s actually good. Anyhow, Turbo loved it! Later, Turbo was holding his mom’s hand to go for a walk, and reached for my hand too. I turned to Wizard and said, “Ha! Muffins win!” Special K cracked up at our competing over who Turbo loves more. (Wizard and I are just kidding, we don’t really compete for Turbo’s love, we just enjoy teasing each other to keep life fun).
- In some ways, it’s been a challenging week. First Wizard’s cousin lost her husband to illness. We’re sad for her and her family like. Then we found out my brother is facing a serious health challenge. However, a positive note is that my brother’s prognosis is very good right now, and he’s otherwise in good shape, which will help him a lot. That’s two things, and while I’m not generally superstitious, I’m waiting for that third thing to happen to fulfill the “Bad News (or Luck) Comes in Threes” saying. Logically I know it’s silly, but emotionally, I’m a six-year-old girl avoiding cracks on the sidewalk while mentally chanting, “Step on a crack and break your mother’s back.”
- This week, I helped Wizard plant new flowers in the four big pots we have around the pool. After we were done, the flowers were in shock, and I was worried. I really don’t have a green thumb, and I was concerned my help doomed the poor plants. But yesterday they looked perky and happy, so I’m not a flower killer!
That was my week, with very little writing. Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five!