Friday, July 12th, 2019
And here we go! My five random things about my week:
- Doing one little thing like buying a new TV stand for the house is a slippery slope. After repurposing the doors to the TV stand into picture frames, I’ve gone onto to buy two more pictures for other walls in the family room, and I’m on the hunt for more decorating items to complete the look I’m going for.
- My brother and sister are both having surgery next week on Monday and Tuesday. They aren’t twins, but they obviously like doing things together, LOL! Life is just weird sometimes. I feel for them both going through surgery and recovery.
- So…remember I said two sad things happened a couple of weeks ago and I was waiting for the third? The third thing arrived this week. I wish I had the magic to restore all our loved ones to good health. But all I can do is be there for them to the best of my ability.
- I’m seeing Biker Witch today. We’ll have lunch and do what sisters do Anyone have bail money just in case? Just asking….
- Tomorrow we’re going to CPA boy’s house for a barbecue. Shhh…Wizard doesn’t know this yet but I ordered a special shirt with a dog on it, hoping the Turbo (my almost 16 month old grandson) likes it! Turbo is always interested in Wizard’s car shirts, but he also loves dogs. Not that we’re competitive or anything, LOLOL! It’s all in fun guys, and right now, Wizard and I need to have fun to keep our mind off our worry for our loved ones. I’m also making peanut butter chocolate chip cookies because CPA Boy might be a high-powered executive by day and super dad by night, but in my world, he’s still my little boy and when he asks for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies from his mom, he will get them :-).
So that’s my five, and now I’d love to hear five random things about your week. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
July 12th, 2019 at 5:57 am · Link
:hugs: for your 3 bad things and positive thoughts for your siblings’ surgeries. Yay for spending time with family! I hope Turbo loves your new shirt.
1) I made Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies this week. I eyeballed the amount of PB this time, because I was lazy, and they spread way too much. They’re huge and flat and chewy. Full of peanutty goodness. Hubs loves them. Now I just hope I can approximate the amount of PB again.
2) Last night, I did a hard-target walk – where I try to keep the same pace regardless of incline. I pushed myself past where I usually turn around and my legs were burning, but it felt pretty good to get it done.
3) I also finally got the flower bed under the cedars weeded this week. I never should’ve left it so long, but that’s the story of my year. 2019 – The Year of the Procrastinator.
4) We’re seeing fawns on a regular basis now. It’s hard to tell how many we have, but there are at least 6. Two sets of twins and two singles. They’re so cute!
5) I don’t have a fifth thing. Life is pretty bland here.
July 12th, 2019 at 11:03 am · Link
Hugs on the 3 sad things, sending good thoughts on the “surgery twins,” yay for Biker Witch time, and yeah, I’m betting Turbo loves the shirt, and cookie yummies! You are a good mom. As for decorating? Yeah…been there.
1. Vet care is expensive. Giving meds to squirmy kittens is dangerous. Good news is, Loki is feeling better and at least nibbling on real food now. (Wait, is that 3 things? )
2. I leave for NYC with Only a week from this coming Monday. I’m soooo not ready! She, on the otherhand, is all but packed.
3. Still making slow headway on the WIP. I really need to knuckle down. I’m within about 12K words of the end. Trying to get words down is like walking through tar on a hot day.
4. You know it’s summer in Oklahoma when a high temp of 91 is a cold front.
5. My computer freaked out this week. I freaked out. Then I used my Google-fu. Found the fix and it worked. Life is good again.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
July 12th, 2019 at 3:29 pm · Link
1. Funny how one change snowballs ;).
2. I’ll keep your brother and sister in my prayers.
3. Whatever the third one is I pray all improves.
4. Have a great time with Biker witch and I’ll bail you two out ;).
5. I’m betting on Turbo loving the puppy shirt. Yes, our boys are always our boys :).
1a. Beautiful day here. Sunny and lovely.
2a. Generator broke down again. The quotes for a new one will be in next week. That will be one EXPENSIVE project, but worth it.
3a. Harrison had his first sinus infection. He’s coming around now.
4a. Sunday is middle son’s wife’s birthday. We’re going out to dinner tomorrow. Had reservations set for over 3 weeks when today at 2 PM son text me that he will be tied up at work and can I change the reservation to an hour later. He is so lucky I’m his mom ;). I was successful and we all can still make it.
5a. Hubs mouth is healing nicely and therefore we’re having pizza and wine tonight :)!
Have a great weekend!
July 12th, 2019 at 5:27 pm · Link
B.E., thanks for the hugs. Two out of three will get better with the surgeries, so that’s a positive. Now let talk about you:
1) Great minds think alike on peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies! Oatmeal is always good too. Hope you can replicate the amount of peanut butter! Eyeballing it can be tricky.
2) You’re really committed to your walking! I’m proud of you! I’m walking with Maggie at 6:30am due to the heat.
3) Weeding is hard work! And boy, I’ve procrastinated on some things big time this year too.
4) It must be so fun to see the fawns, and twins are a bonus!
5) Your life doesn’t sound bland at all! You just choose not to live a lot of drama, and we’re the same way (except for the things we can control like sick family members, but that’s just life).
Hope your Friday rocks and you have a great weekend!
July 12th, 2019 at 5:33 pm · Link
Silver, thanks for the hugs. Turbo won’t see the shirt–it doesn’t fit. But that’s ok. Moving on to you:
1) Poor Loki sounded pretty sick, and that’s scary in kittens! I remember from my animal shelter days how fast they can get REALLY sick. And poor YOU for the vet bills plus nursing duties. Animals doesn’t understand we’re trying to help them. Glad Loki is on the mend.
2) WOW!! RWA is almost here! LOL on Only being packed, while you’re still playing catch up. You’re a little more experienced at getting ready and can do it faster Once you’re get on the road in a week, you’ll have a great time!
3) Great analogy on trying to get words down! I hope you got some writing done today.
4) LOL, yeah, 91 is cool here too. But I think you have more humidity, right? It’s a 100+ here now and HOT.
5) Oh no on the computer, but yay on the fix! I haven’t had that happen in a while, and I’m knocking on wood!
Hope you have a nice and word-productive weekend!
July 12th, 2019 at 5:40 pm · Link
Viki, it really does snowball! The shirt is going back to Amazon, but I shrugged that off. Thanks on my brother and sister, and the other situation won’t get better. We just hope for quality time. And thank you for the bail offer–we managed not to get arrested
1) Love beautiful days, and those who appreciate them!
2)Ugh on the generator. Sounds like it’s time, although it hurts the budget.
3) Poor Harrison!! That’s not fun for him or his parents. Hope he has a super fast recovery.
4) You’re an amazing mom!!! I’m sure your son appreciates it! Hope the birthday dinner turns out wonderful after all that!
5) Great news on hubs mouth. Being able to eat pizza is a milestone. Enjoy the break from cooking
Have a great weekend!