Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a good week! Here’s five random things about my week.
- I wrote five pages yesterday. It doesn’t sound like much, but I’m happy I could do that. I know many people think I should start something new, but I can’t knowing I didn’t finish this trilogy. But I’ll never again publish before I finish or at least drafted. Life has too many curveballs ready to throw off our plans!
- A lizard lost the game of chase to Maggie I had to dispose of said lizard because Wizard was off helping Youngest with his pool. The poor creature was totally intact and looked unharmed, just…not alive. Maggie really does like the chase part, and I guess she loses interest after that. It’s possible the little guy just died on its own too, since I didn’t see it to know for sure. Possible, but unlikely, given Maggie’s history of chasing lizards. Oh well, I love her anyway.
- Replacing the garage door opener turned into a major day and a half project. The biggest snafu was a wiring problem–caused by Wizards getting a staple through the wire. Shh…don’t tell him I told you He knew it, but we both of us spent hours trying every other possible solution to avoid him having to rewire. The next day, he rewired it, and now the new opener is working great. He’s soooo much more patient with this stuff now that he’s retired and not under constant time pressures.
- Having only one car is inconvenient. In the scale of life problems, this is a minute one, but I’ll sure be glad to get our car back next week. I hope it’s ready as promised!
- Youngest and Fiance are in the process of moving into their new home, and should finish the bulk of it this weekend. Exciting times for them! I think I’ll bake youngest cookies too celebrate. You’re never too old for homemade cookies from your mom, right?
This weekend, I hope to see Turbo, but I also want to see my sister since it’s hard, boring and frustrating to recover from major surgery. The one-car situation, Youngest moving, and life in general has made it tricky, but I’ll work it out Now I’d really like to hear five things about your week! If I don’t answer on Friday, I will sometime during the weekend, we may be coming and going a lot.
Have a safe and fun weekend!