Friday, August 16th, 2019
TGIF!! Let’s dive right into five random things about our week. Here’s mine!
- Baking cookies does not help one lose weight. Nor does, you know, eating. And I have a dress to fit into in November. I need to clean up my eating habits. But I so love to bake! And eat. Sigh.
- We got our car back Tuesday night! Yay! I’m so happy about that. It’s been a somewhat quiet week though. I just don’t have the energy to run all over right now.
- I have gone to the gym though, where I learned I like the smell of Coppertone way more than stale cigarette smoke. Some people bring smells with them to the gym, and it’s not always pleasant once they start sweating. Once I was on the treadmill next to a guy wearing strong, pungent aftershave. I think he must have dumped on the whole bottle of the stuff! Every time I inhaled, my nose burned and my eyes watered. I had to move to different equipment. Just a caveat though–I don’t run into that problem a lot at the gym, so it sticks in my mind when I do.
- Hmm, and now I’m second guessing if I used the word “caveat” correctly. It sounded correct in my head.
- Target has let me down twice now. In a week’s time, they charged me twice for the same six-pack of Diet Coke, and they delivered a gift a day late from their promised two-day delivery. I am sad as I love Target. Now I’m wondering if I’ve given my love too easily?
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
August 16th, 2019 at 7:16 am · Link
LOL, nope baking does not burn calories and then we have all those yummy things laying around the house afterwards. If it weren’t for all the walking, I’d be as big as a house. Yay for getting your car back! Ugh, cologne. Your use of caveat looks right to me, but what do I know? Bummer about Target.
1) Kira has fleas. I special ordered some large cat flea meds to be delivered to Walmart which I’ll pick up this morning. It better be there and it better be right or I’m going to be very unhappy.
2) Once we get the cat her meds, we’ll begin a full scale cleaning of the house. 1500 sq ft of fun fun fun. Plus, linens. I may be very tired when I stop by here Monday morning.
3) I’m counting that as my exercise for the next three days.
4) I keep intending to make pizza, but I don’t have the gumption to do homemade crust. Maybe I’ll just pick up some French bread and use that. (I’m so lazy right now.)
5) Speaking of lazy, my gardens are totally neglected right now. I need to weed, but between the heat and the oak mites (they’re really bitey this year), I can’t make myself want to.
August 16th, 2019 at 9:51 am · Link
Caveat is correct. I hate heavy cologne/perfume and yeah, “exercise” just exacerbates the situation. Yay for car and baking burns calories, it’s the taste-testing that puts them back on. Except for broken cookies. Everyone knows calories evaporate when a cookies is broken and you eat the pieces. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it. Okay. My five:
1. We have AC. Thank goodness, it decided to quit on the coolest day of the month! Good news/bad news: Nothing major, a few tweaks like replacing capacitors and teporarily rewiring around the control board because it’s the control board that’s bad. It’s on order, which is the bad news. However, we have AC so no complaints!
2. LG bought “Tipsy Artist” tickets for Only and I. It was last night. Wine and painting. Fun times! Only’s is perfect. Mine needs…some additional work. 🤣
3. Thought I was all finished with updating the Nightrider series. Then figured out I’d only “read/edited” the last 1/4 and updated backmatter on the 1st book. Went back and discovered that Loki had been playing on the keyboard. I hope to have it finished today. But, now I’m all paranoid about the other books and Loki mayhem. Hopefully, when I upload to Amazon, their word check/type thingy will catch any goofs. Now I hope to have books 4 & 5 formatted for print sometime next week. 🤞
4. I HAVE HUMMINGBIRDS❣❣❣💕💖😍 I haven’t seen one all year and then this week–TWO showed up. This makes me ridiculously happy. I kinow…but whatever.
5. We have a juvenile possum that visits the backyard. Jake has caught him 3 times now. Luckily, Greg was out there and when he told Jake to “Drop it!” Jake did. I don’t know if he’s just that smart or if someone actually trained him at some point. So much about him I’d like to know.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
August 16th, 2019 at 2:51 pm · Link
1. Unfortunately you are correct on baking :(. Wish it did burn calories.
2. !!!! on getting the car back.
3. So true on the smells people inflict upon us and not just a the gym – yuck.
4. Caveat sounded right to me.
5. Sorry Target has messed up on you. Something must be going on at the distribution center.
1a. Had my last coffee until Sept 24th w/girlfriend. They’ll be back for a wedding. They are currently on day two of the drive to Punta Gorda with the new puppy.
2a. Middle son took me to NY Wednesday to have lunch with my mom and step-dad. It was very nice. Still amazes me a young persons stamina driving 8 hours just for lunch.
3a. Just came home from a massage. My therapist gave me a $15 birthday discount .
4a. My gmail got hacked by a Russian in Moscow the other day. Good thing middle son taught himself IT. He remotely fixed my computer.
5a. BLT’s for dinner. Yes, I have no desire to cook .
I hope you have a great weekend!
August 16th, 2019 at 5:08 pm · Link
B.E., I always tell myself I won’t eat what I bake, LOL! Okay let chat about you:
1) I hope Walmart had Kira’s flea meds or you’ll both be unhappy. Well she may not be happy to get the meds, but she’d be pleased to get rid of the fleas.
2) Top to bottom house cleaning to beat the fleas is exhausting! Such a pain to have to do it.
3) It definitely counts as your exercise!
4) I like French bread pizza so that’s a winner to me. Although much as I like pizza, my stomach does not and complains for days. Stupid stomach.
5) Oak mites would likely do me in too.
Hope you get some fun between all the cleaning this weekend
August 16th, 2019 at 5:17 pm · Link
Silver, LOL on the broken cookie theory! I used that for years and years when the kids were home and cookies were always around. Okay now your turn:
1) I feel for you on the A/C! Those boards aren’t cheap. We’ve replaced the capacitor and motor on ours, and are thinking about replacing who until next year…maybe. Hope the control board isn’t too $$
2) What a fun thing to do with Only and great chance for both of you to relax and enjoy! I’ve never tried it because I have negative 0 artistic talent.
3) Oh Loki!!! You’re lucky your so danged cute and fun!! Sorry you had to fix Loki’s creative endeavors and hope the formatting goes easy.
4) Hummingbirds! Who isn’t happy when Hummingbirds visit??? Although I still haven’t forgiven the roadrunner who ate the babies…but that’s another story.
5) Good boy, Jake! And what an amazing boy to catch possum 3 different times! And not kill it! I hear you on wanting to know about Jake’s past, I feel the same way with Maggie. But I tell myself to be grateful, and embrace the now with her. I know you do the same with Jake!
Hope you, LG and the critters have a great weekend!
August 16th, 2019 at 5:23 pm · Link
Viki, Happy Birthday!! I really hope you had a special day as you deserve!
I don’t know with Target, but I was seriously disappointed. However it all worked out fine so I was more worked up than necessary. I know, shocking, LOL! Okay let’s talk about you:
1) You’ll miss your girlfriend, but glad you got to see her one last time. And she’ll be back for the wedding.
2) Your son is awesome! Yes he’s young and has the energy, but not all kids have the will to drive all that way with their mom and visit family. Definitely a keeper!
3) Bet you feel great after your massage and a birthday discount!
4) YIKES! I was hacked once, and it sucked. But in my case, it was my website and my web person took care of it. So glad you had your son with amazing tech skills to fix it remotely!!
5) Hope you enjoy BLTs for dinner!
Have a great weekend!