Howdy and TGIF! Okay let’s dive right into sharing five things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I went shopping and had lunch with Biker Witch (my sister) yesterday. We had a good time, she’s doing well after her major back surgery two months ago, and that makes me very happy.
- Here’s my shopping find that I splurged a whole $5.00 plus tax for: He’s perfect for one of the two bare spots on my mantle that need a little color. I love my elephant!
- Wizard and I ran errands separately the other day and ended up coming home at the exact same time. When we came in the house, Maggie was acting a little weird, staying excited longer than usual and trying to get us to pay attention to her. We’re like, “Dude, chill out.” Then Wizard went outside, talked to a neighbor and discovered that there was a 4.0 earthquaker centered right in our town–which means it felt pretty danged strong. Wizard and I didn’t feel it because we were both driving when it happened. We both sincerely believe that Maggie had been trying to tell us that something happened while we were gone.
- CPA Boy and Special K are having a housewarming party this Sunday. I’d asked Special K what I could do to help and she suggested I bring a dessert, like lemon bars. I’m thrilled to do it, and of course, I figured if one dessert is good, then I should make two so people have a choice. That’s completely logical, right? I’ve decided to make lemon bars and Twix bars, which I ran by Special K to make sure it works for her. I even ordered a special brownie pan with removable dividers that looks like this: I’m weirdly excited about this pan, LOL! I’m hoping that if I use enough bakers spray, I can get the Twix bars with its caramel center to cut nicely. I really want uniform bars that look nice.
- I already told Wizard that if the bars don’t come out right, I’ll toss them in the trash. I have to say that Wizard’s loud snort of laughter was just rude, and very hypocritical since he’s much more of a perfectionist than I am. Also, the fact that I bought the ingredients for my backup dessert of easy red velvet brownies just in case something goes wrong is completely normal, and not at all like a perfectionist :-). I really have been having a great time planning this, buying all the ingredients, and am looking forward to a baking marathon on Saturday. I very pleased Special K asked me to do it. And all teasing aside, if for some reason the lemon and/or Twix bars don’t come out and I run out of time to make my backup dessert, I’d just stop at the store on the way and buy cookies or brownies. It’s taken me a couple of decades, but I have finally learned life is too short to get truly upset over stuff like a failed batch or two of desserts.
So that’s my week and weekend. Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! Everyone have a great weekend!