So this week came and went. I’m always mildly alarmed lately at how fast time is passing! So here’s five truly random things about my week:
- Yesterday we went to see Turbo! We took him out on our first solo grandparents trip to McDonald’s and it went very well. Turbo chowed down on chicken nuggets, french fries and applesauce while chatting away to us in Toddlerese. I know some of the words like apple, ice, bus, car, baby, and good. Some were in Vietnamese as Turbo is bilingual which is über cool. And some words were part of the mysterious secret language of toddlers.
- The best part was when Grandpa and Special K attempted Project Unistall the Car Seat from our car. It took the two people with master’s degrees in the family nearly fifteen minutes to conquer and complete Project Uninstall. When I asked Wizard about it later, he rolled his eyes and said there’s a web of straps hidden beneath the device making it a tricky project. Okay….
- This week I found a bra that’s the perfect color for my dress for Youngest’s wedding! Is that TMI? **shrug** Don’t care, the struggle has been real to find the exact right shade. The dress has a sheer illusion neckline, so I was determined to match the color enough so the straps of the bra would blend rather than stand out. I succeeded, I think…or my vision is so bad I can’t tell. So then I asked Wizard if he thought it worked, and he gave me the thumbs up. Yay, success! But wait…Wizard has terrible vision and has had two eyes surgeries…never mind. I shall believe the bra works
- Last weekend, Youngest was prepping a wall in his house for painting, and the tool he was using mistook his hand for the wall. He’s fine–Urgent Care fixed him right up with some glue and Steri-Strips. Last night, I asked him how his hand was doing and if he needed cookies to heal faster. He replied that his hand is doing well, but he definitely needed cookies to achieve ultimate healing. Well duh, every mom knows that. So Saturday, I will be taking cookies to Youngest Son.
- Sunday is my soon to be daughter-in-law’s bridal shower! They’re wedding is the first part of November–it’s coming fast!
So that was some of my week, and now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! Wishing everyone a great weekend!